• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 25, 2017
With how much stuff is actually getting bundled after the fact, I wouldn't be surprised to see a complete costume bundle either released with a new version of the game or standalone as the game reaches EoS for like $50-$70 just so Capcom can recoup those final few sales before finally calling it a night with SFV. That's still gonna be a year or two out though, so you'll be waiting a bit if that ever happens.

My buddy and I say that every year leading up to Evo.
Then of course it never happens.
Leaving us scratching our heads as to why Capcom won't make it easy for newcomers to just pick up the game with everything included.
Just seems odd to me.

hikarutilmitt

Dec 16, 2017
I don't think anyone uploaded the previews for the characters' background music, so I went ahead and did it.

Favorite is Poison's, by far.

Poison's is kinda... nothing? It's bouncy and punky and crap but it doesn't sound like anything, to me. I'm liking Lucia's a lot but I wish they had stuck to just one track instead of using the main beat from the final boss music (which I love, btw) and then mixing in other parts. The first time the brass kicked in I legit thought I was listening to Iori's music from KOF again. If they had to go with just one I kind of expected and wanted the either For Metro City or Smeared Graffiti because either just works so well for a fighting game.

FluxWaveZ

Persona Central
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Poison's is kinda... nothing? It's bouncy and punky and crap but it doesn't sound like anything, to me.
I guess that bounce might be all I need, 'cause this is the theme I keep going back to.

I don't think I like Lucia's much, especially compared to others. But I also don't like Lucia, and that factors in.

I like how epic and majestic Honda's is.

Lulu

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Lucia's is my favorite. Any remixed FF music usually some good shit.

Oct 25, 2017
This would be a valid question in SF4 for example, because the game thrived to get characters as close to their original games as possible (with various success). SF5 on the other hand is not afraid to entirely change a character.

That is a really good point and I am absolutely with you on that.

I think for me that highlights the problem with asking for specific characters from other games. I can understand asking for a grappler or a zoner with certain characteristics or wanting a character that plays a bit like whoever but otherwise it's just a bit of an empty request in SFV.

Deleted member 1102

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I just wanted to apologise for my posts the other day. They were callous, rude and frankly inexcusable. I'm sorry to anyone I upset or offended.

Deleted member 1102

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
??? Aren't you the guy who usually has an avatar of Sean?

Yeah sometimes. If you're confused as to what my post is talking about, I pretty much went off the deep end a couple of days ago and I'm coming back off a two day ban because of it. I just wanted to let people know I'm incredibly sorry for what I said.

Mediking

Final Fantasy Best Boy (Grip)
Yeah sometimes. If you're confused as to what my post is talking about, I pretty much went off the deep end a couple of days ago and I'm coming back off a two day ban because of it. I just wanted to let people know I'm incredibly sorry for what I said.

I think you're fine, bro. Dont worry about it. Whatever you said... I'm sure people have said far worse. Move on and have some fun.

spman2099

Oct 25, 2017
I just wanted to apologise for my posts the other day. They were callous, rude and frankly inexcusable. I'm sorry to anyone I upset or offended.

I get the feeling you may have blocked me (just a guess), so you may not get this message, but I think we all understand. People get hot under the collar. As dumb as it is, we all love these games. I think Capcom giving people those EXTREME blue balls for eight months was a recipe for volatility. Overall, I have love for every person on Resetera who can appreciate fighting games.

Personally, I know I have gone off on some people over some shit. I am certainly not in a position to judge.

Deleted member 17658

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I've lashed out at people. It happens. As long as you understood what you did and learn to move away from it.

Deleted member 1102

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I think you're fine, bro. Dont worry about it. Whatever you said... I'm sure people have said far worse. Move on and have some fun.

I get the feeling you may have blocked me (just a guess), so you may not get this message, but I think we all understand. People get hot under the collar. As dumb as it is, we all love these games. I think Capcom giving people those EXTREME blue balls for eight months was a recipe for volatility. Overall, I have love for every person on Resetera who can appreciate fighting games.

Personally, I know I have gone off on some people over some shit. I am certainly not in a position to judge.

I've lashed out at people. It happens. As long as you understood what you did and learn to move away from it.

Thanks, it means a lot. I'll use this lesson well.

Now that I've had time to think on it, everyone actually looks pretty dope here. Looking forward to giving them a try.

hikarutilmitt

Dec 16, 2017
I guess that bounce might be all I need, 'cause this is the theme I keep going back to.

I don't think I like Lucia's much, especially compared to others. But I also don't like Lucia, and that factors in.

I like how epic and majestic Honda's is.
My only beef with Lucia, as much as I'm happy to see her, is that she seems a bit too spunky compared to her FF3 version. I would have rather had her be more serious, maybe leave spunky to Maki if she ever made it in. That and her default is odd, to me, having shorts and leggings? WTF is that? I don't usually care about weird choices in Japanese costume designs but...

Jaded Alyx

Oct 25, 2017
Seemed pretty out of character at the time. I do hope all is well with you otherwise.

Deleted member 1102

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Seemed pretty out of character at the time. I do hope all is well with you otherwise.

Yeah I honestly couldn't give you a legitimate reason. Could have been disappointment, surprise, lack of sleep I have no clue. It doesn't excuse it of course, but yeah looking back on those posts I really don't know where it came from.

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
colorswap.php

weebro

Banned
Nov 7, 2018
Yeah I honestly couldn't give you a legitimate reason. Could have been disappointment, surprise, lack of sleep I have no clue. It doesn't excuse it of course, but yeah looking back on those posts I really don't know where it came from.

You ain't sorry for what you said, you're only sorry you got banned!

*runs off into the moonlit night*

bulletyen

Nov 12, 2017
I really dig the policewoman outfit. She looks closer to her source inspiration than ever, Cynthia Rothrock:

cynthia-rothrock-height-weight-shoe-size.jpg

Oct 25, 2017
My buddy and I say that every year leading up to Evo.
Then of course it never happens.
Leaving us scratching our heads as to why Capcom won't make it easy for newcomers to just pick up the game with everything included.
Just seems odd to me.
Oh, they're obviously never going to do that while the game still has blood running through it, because that means literally every costume they've already made is now worth pennies. But once the game is officially dead and Capcom's not expecting any more sales, they might (and absolutely should) release a proper complete collection. Season 5 was leaked to exist by that one UK dude on Twitter, so i wouldn't expect a complete collection until like 2022 or 2023, since 2020 gets a full season and 2021 should be a "wrapping things up" year like the years following USFIV.