• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Janna OP

Oct 25, 2017
Poison also has some Bullshit. Her fucking whip is covers 3/4 of the screen dude!!!
laughs in phonon
PO_3C_1.png

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman
I wonder if GMG and other retailers will be selling the character pack like the season passes. I'm used to getting those at a discount.

Also, is Capcom never puts Kage up on the Steam store (not just in-game), I'm pretty much never getting him.
Season passes of sf5 are sold at key sellers
I got my season pass 3 from humble for example. Sp4 likely wont go up until later this year i believe.

2shd

Oct 25, 2017
Season passes of sf5 are sold at key sellers
I got my season pass 3 from humble for example. Sp4 likely wont go up until later this year i believe.

Yeah, I got all mine outside of Steam, but I don't think there will be true season passes?
My impression was this is them transitioning to smaller seasonal bundles that release at once.
I could see the winter bundle spanning "seasons".

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman
Yeah, I got all mine outside of Steam, but I don't think there will be true season passes?
My impression was this is them transitioning to smaller seasonal bundles that release at once.
I could see the winter bundle spanning "seasons".
Well if there will be a 4 character pack for $20 i will get it as i dont own kage myself ;3

Lulu

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
No the glitch I was talking about was when the streamer modded in her without waiting for the server connect.

basically her whip extended out from her crotch by ten feet....
Yea which wasn't a glitch it was intentionally modded that why by the modder cause hurhur, like i said

Terraforce

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I will never get why Capcom makes all their female characters hailing from Europe/NA as white as possible. Cammy, Kolin, Falke, now Lucia... It is no coincidence either that all these women are blondes.
Yeah it's bizarre. Does the SF team think all western women are pale ass blondes with bright blue eyes?

Spaltazar

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
hmm somehow i am feeling none of these characters. poisons cancel move is a bit annoying and lucia kinda feels a bit wack. time will tell if i can make something work with these chars. no shoulderbash from mp (unless ex) suckzz. but at least st mp cr. hp works, tho st mp is t rex central again

oh damn, i missed that you can actually cancel lucias run. thought you could only let it run out or end in one of two specials. this changes things quite a lot lol

Last edited:

Don Fluffles

Oct 28, 2017
I mean, not for nothing, a lot of the 3d hair modeling is kind of the same from SF4 to now since they stuck with the Akiman artstyle. And I'm looking back at USF4/SFxT Poison, it didn't age well. I don't know what people really expect with redesigns. We have new and old (updated). I definitely would not have accepted something that looked the same from previous gen.
Akiman himself sure doesn't seem to approve of Poison's look.
Can't find the tweet right now, but according to Twitter's poor translation, she was too scary and needs to look cuter.

erlim

Oct 26, 2017
London
I picked up SFV for steam in December; I moved to London pretty suddenly and left my PS4 behind with a buddy in LA. Been spending a fair amount of money and/or time repurchasing costumes and other dlc. I'm not super enthused some costumes are only available via fighting chance or extra battle (over some weeks). Do they tend to cycle back onto fighting chance and extra battle? Will I be able to gamble my way into getting Classic Vega or the Mike-Like costume for Balrog in the future?

Richter1887

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I picked up SFV for steam in December; I moved to London pretty suddenly and left my PS4 behind with a buddy in LA. Been spending a fair amount of money and/or time repurchasing costumes and other dlc. I'm not super enthused some costumes are only available via fighting chance or extra battle (over some weeks). Do they tend to cycle back onto fighting chance and extra battle? Will I be able to gamble my way into getting Classic Vega or the Mike-Like costume for Balrog in the future?
They do return. Though I can never get them through fighting chance (I only use the free reading as I would never pay for it with fight money).

Deleted member 18857

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
At least, when they rerun extra battle costumes, they're slightly cheaper. Airman and Gutsman are back this week from scratch, for example (and I'm quite happy because I missed Gutsman).

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, Fighting Chance just sucks these days. It was ok (well, bearable) back when FM was more plentiful, you could afford to blow some on trying to get those costumes, but these days with it being so scarce it'd be a risk to even consider trying to get them. Extra Costumes are better because at least those are easier to get, you just gotta remember to log in on the right week and win one (easy) fight for 4 weeks in a row to get the costume. I'd love to get Mike and SF2 Dhalsim but unless they actually try selling the costumes for real money, I doubt I'll ever get them.

erlim

Oct 26, 2017
London
Yeah, Fighting Chance just sucks these days. It was ok (well, bearable) back when FM was more plentiful, you could afford to blow some on trying to get those costumes, but these days with it being so scarce it'd be a risk to even consider trying to get them. Extra Costumes are better because at least those are easier to get, you just gotta remember to log in on the right week and win one (easy) fight for 4 weeks in a row to get the costume. I'd love to get Mike and SF2 Dhalsim but unless they actually try selling the costumes for real money, I doubt I'll ever get them.

I don't know how I feel about it, I feel like if you were to allow players to purchase fight money with actual money, the economy and value of fight money would tank. I'm pretty resigned to playing through survival mode for fight money; even though it's tedious, it's interesting as the roster grows.