• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

DecoReturns

Oct 27, 2017
I don't know if Nintendo has enough room to show off Fire Emblem.

Their big title of 2018.

Shouldve gone bigger

Illusion

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Gungho is taking a pretty big room, they did say they were announcing a bunch of games. I wonder if anything noteworthy is being shown?

Xavi

Oct 27, 2017
Lightning for Smash
Square both is Very big, is that usual?
Seems to be bigger than last years, yeah.

southhall_floorplanessii.png

FrontierGamer

Banned
Jan 31, 2018
That Square Enix booth! FF7R confirmed.

True :)

I think that in addition to bringing Kingdom Hearts III and FF VII Remake, Square Enix will also present:

Final Fantasy XVI
Final Fantasy X-3
World or Final Fantasy 2
Octopath Traveler
The World ends with you Final remix
Project Avengers
Project Prelude Runes
Life is Strange 2
Dragon Quest XI
and Legacy of Kain Remake O_O

SageShinigami

Oct 27, 2017
I don't know if Nintendo has enough room to show off Fire Emblem.

Their big title of 2018.

Shouldve gone bigger

Joke post?

True :) I think that in addition to bringing Kingdom Hearts III and FF VII Remake, Square Enix will also present: Final Fantasy XVI Final Fantasy X-3 World or Final Fantasy 2, Project Avengers, Project Prelude Runes, Life is Strange 2, Dragon Quest XI, and Legacy of Kain Remake O_O

Stop doing this dude. :P

Yeah, BGS has to have something ready at this point. The other studios are all busy.

Oct 25, 2017
True :)

I think that in addition to bringing Kingdom Hearts III and FF VII Remake, Square Enix will also present:

Final Fantasy XVI
Final Fantasy X-3
World or Final Fantasy 2
Octopath Traveler
The World ends with you Final remix
Project Avengers
Project Prelude Runes
Life is Strange 2
Dragon Quest XI
and Legacy of Kain Remake O_O
Aside from like 3 of those not happening
Left alive and tomb raider as well

Fredrik

Oct 27, 2017
I don't get how MS plans to show their stuff. They'll only get people there that are already interested in their stuff, a PS fan ain't gonna leave the E3 center and go to a specific MS building. And isn't E3 supposed to be a place where you get to show off your best things to people that normally ignore everything you do?

Wizzly

Jan 10, 2018
Nintendo will be big.
I guess we'll get amazing Metroid 4 and Mother 4 decorations ^ - ^

Betelgeuse

Nov 2, 2017
I don't get how MS plans to show their stuff. They'll only get people there that are already interested in their stuff, a PS fan ain't gonna leave the E3 center and go to a specific MS building. And isn't E3 supposed to be a place where you get to show off your best things to people that normally ignore everything you do?

Number of attendees doesn't matter. The question is: how engaged are the folks that do enter MS' building? That's what MS is focused on.

(Sorry, lame joke, I know. Just having fun.)

Elyian

Feb 7, 2018
Oh damn, that Square booth is huge. They must have a lot planned for this show. Hopefully we DO get some stuff for FF7R and Left Alive are shown at this event. Think KH3 is a given here for sure.

est1992

Oct 27, 2017
Man, WB's booth is tiiiinnnnyyyyyy. All they have announced is one LEGO game so far. Hopefully they got more to show than that. I need more DC games in my life(not Batman).

Revolsin

Usage of alt-account.
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Wow it's like Sony and Nintendo are competing for size right in front of each other lol

Wizzly

Jan 10, 2018
This is years i've not been so hyped about Xbox E3.
I think we will be very surprised by MS single player new IP or old IP return ^ - ^

I think competition is good and there is place for Nintendo, MS and Sony.

Deleted member 39587

User requested account closure
Banned
Feb 6, 2018
E3 is and was never really about the fans attending. It's mainly a press and industry event with large online media impact.

Feb 10, 2018
How much floor space does the Microsoft Theatre have?
Seeing how its a whole Theatre , they could have the equivilent space of sony and Nintendo combined.

VirtuaRacer

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Seeing how its a whole Theatre , they could have the equivilent space of sony and Nintendo combined.

The theatre does not appear to be suitable for anything other than holding shows. The floor is on an angle. I'm guessing that Microsoft will place some game kiosks in the reception area?

booking-slide_04.jpg

Zukkoyaki

Oct 25, 2017
Square having a huge space is no surprise. They have Tomb Raider, Dragon Quest, Kingdom Hearts and potentially stuff like Left Alive, Dragon Quest Builders II and the Marvel projects to show.

Feb 10, 2018
The theatre does not appear to be suitable for anything other than holding shows. I'm guessing that Microsoft will place some game kiosks in the reception area?

booking-slide_04.jpg

1920px-Nokia_Theatre_Los_Angeles_interior.jpg

Here is a pic of it I found from its wiki page of a view from the stage.
It looks like the blue carpeted seating area could ve converted to have demo areas.
Or maybe MS will have demos online.

OP
OP
Rösti

Rösti

Oct 25, 2017
Not sure about square feet of the whole theatre, but there's what it says on the official homepage:

Microsoft Theater formerly Nokia Theatre L. A. LIVE hosts over 120 music, family, dance and comedy acts, award shows, televised productions, conventions and product launches with over 500,000 people passing through the doors annually. The 7,100-seat theater offers guests mid-sized intimacy, with no seat further from the stage than 220 feet. Microsoft Theater offers 12,000 square feet of VIP & hospitality areas, 10 dressing rooms and state of the art technology making it is a favorite indoor venue for performers and fans alike.
Source: https://www.microsofttheater.com/about

Nintendo has around 32 000 sq ft of floor space at E3 2018.

Fredrik

Oct 27, 2017
E3 is and was never really about the fans attending. It's mainly a press and industry event with large online media impact.
Yeah but the press needs to exit the E3 center and go to a different building as well. MS can't expect that every publication has a big crew of people with diverse enough taste in games that they can cover two E3 areas the same way, they'll be lucky if 2 people from each publication goes to their event and I highly doubt that they'll both be someone interested in all types of games. Simply put, the coverage of the MS event won't be as good as the coverage of Sonys and Nintendos event.

mixer is there aka ms
That's a tiny place, it'll only get people annoyed if they show something awesome since people will understand that they stood in line waiting for the opening at the wrong place. And if it's "Meh" they won't even bother going there.

Nope, this was a bad decision. Their biggest E3 yet with the smallest coverage yet. Bad combo.

Feb 10, 2018
If the layout is similar to those pics for the conference, I prefer it to the ones they have had the previous years.
It looks more grand, and better for crowd cheers because its less open and divided then there previous ones.