• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

SageShinigami

Oct 27, 2017
While the whole Damian Wayne thing may be dropped, they may have kept vital things like map stuff, etc. There could potentially be a CGI reveal. But I wouldn't count on seeing them until next year. Being a DC video game fan is stressful lol

A CGI trailer is possible. And tbh there's a lot of background stuff they could've saved if the whole project isn't canceled. Plus it might be closer to 18 months total, since Jason first brought it up at the tail end of 2016. I don't hold out hope for DC games, I just watch events and hope to be surprised lol

Soundscream

Nov 2, 2017
Yeah but the press needs to exit the E3 center and go to a different building as well. MS can't expect that every publication has a big crew of people with diverse enough taste in games that they can cover two E3 areas the same way, they'll be lucky if 2 people from each publication goes to their event and I highly doubt that they'll both be someone interested in all types of games. Simply put, the coverage of the MS event won't be as good as the coverage of Sonys and Nintendos event.

That's a tiny place, it'll only get people annoyed if they show something awesome since people will understand that they stood in line waiting for the opening at the wrong place. And if it's "Meh" they won't even bother going there.

Nope, this was a bad decision. Their biggest E3 yet with the smallest coverage yet. Bad combo.
Press coverage is mainly from behind closed door meetings/demos. You didnt think press outlets actually waited on lines at kiosk?

Deleted member 25323

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
A CGI trailer is possible. And tbh there's a lot of background stuff they could've saved if the whole project isn't canceled. Plus it might be closer to 18 months total, since Jason first brought it up at the tail end of 2016. I don't hold out hope for DC games, I just watch events and hope to be surprised lol

I always tell myself not to get hopeful but I never learn my lesson and disappoint myself lmao

ULTROS!

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This is interesting. SE's Booth seems to be bigger than E3 2015's Booth: where SE announced Star Ocean 5 (English), FFVII Remake, showed off more FFXV, World of Final Fantasy, showed off more KH3, I Am Setsuna, and NieR: Automata

E3 2015:

e32015southhallfdb4q.png

E3 2018:

022601156_targetfloorcpsbz.png

Oct 25, 2017
This is interesting. SE's Booth seems to be bigger than E3 2015's Booth: where SE announced Star Ocean 5 (English), FFVII Remake, showed off more FFXV, World of Final Fantasy, showed off more KH3, I Am Setsuna, and NieR: Automata

Ehhh, Tomb Raider will be big for them.

Not to mention Crystal Dynamics new game if that does get revealed there. Possibly Avengers?

Not surprised SE is going for the big booth this year.

Oct 25, 2017
They're in trouble lol. Jason Schreier said they rebooted their last project. The rumor was a Damian Wayne thing. That's supposedly gone and now they're reworking it into something else. It'd be hella impressive to have turned that into something else in...about a year?
Man if I was WB at this point i'd literally just give Montreal all of Knight's assets and tell them
1. simple story that involves Batman, Catwoman, Robin, Batgirl and Nightwing
-those characters playable start to finish

2. Cut the Battank entirely. Batmobile, batbikes and Batboat/sub for standard vehicles.

3. try to get full story co-op in.(would have been a main priority but with Montreal's current situation...)

Starmud

Oct 27, 2017
Doing a outside fan event has typically been a let down, see if MS can surprise on that

Henrik

Jan 3, 2018
What makes you day that?
Last year was a non busy E3 for Sony. They announced nothing new from first party. Announce a remake for a PS2 game was ironic and suitable for rehashing E3 2016 announcements. 50 min long predictable conference they called "media showcase". Sid Shuman at the end of the conference because there were nothing new to be impressed by. If you watched the livestream from Playstation Japan's youtube channel you got a message from SIEJ president Atsushi Morita and Capcom's MH producer Ryozo Tsujimoto inside SIEJ's building. That's what Sony all cared about from a Japanese standpoint in 2017.

Previous years when they announced E3 plans was around mid May and last year was early May.

Jaded Alyx

Oct 25, 2017
The amount of people asking where is Microsoft when they already announced they're moving their booth to the Microsoft Theater, which is a 10 minute walk from the convention center is ridiculous.

Excuse me for not paying attention to every little detail regarding E3.

The only E3 plans I'm aware of, are Nintendo's as I own a Switch (and PC). I don't go out of my way to find every bit of info on Microsoft.

Tbf, I didn't know this and I practically live on this website.

Vertpin

Oct 27, 2017
Last year was a non busy E3 for Sony. They announced nothing new from first party. Announce a remake for a PS2 game was ironic and suitable for rehashing E3 2016 announcements. 50 min long predictable conference they called "media showcase". Sid Shuman at the end of the conference because there were nothing new to be impressed by. If you watched the livestream from Playstation Japan's youtube channel you got a message from SIEJ president Atsushi Morita and Capcom's MH producer Ryozo Tsujimoto inside SIEJ's building. That's what Sony all cared about from a Japanese standpoint in 2017.

Previous years when they announced E3 plans was around mid May and last year was early May.
Uhh I don't think the fact that last years e3 didn't have anything new and when it was announced has anything to do with it lol

SageShinigami

Oct 27, 2017
Man if I was WB at this point i'd literally just give Montreal all of Knight's assets and tell them
1. simple story that involves Batman, Catwoman, Robin, Batgirl and Nightwing

-those characters playable start to finish

2. Cut the Battank entirely. Batmobile, batbikes and Batboat/sub for standard vehicles.

3. try to get full story co-op in.(would have been a main priority but with Montreal's current situation...)

Co-op very probably is in, judging from open job positions Nirolak has talked about.

But yeah, I wouldn't mind asset reuse combined with a few vehicles and some actual boss battles with unique new villains. Add that in plus whatever Nemesis Mode stuff they were talking about and we could probably have a REALLY good game.

SageShinigami

Oct 27, 2017
Maybe one day you can get an X-Men game that doesn't suck. Maybe. Right now I'd just take an X-Men cartoon, though.

Xenosaga

Oct 27, 2017

E3 2015:

e32015southhallfdb4q.png

E3 2018:

Do those games matter in booth size? Stuff like FF7R, KH3, Nier Automata, WoFF were all trailers so I am not sure if size of the booth matters for those games. I always assume it's the number of playable demo sections that is important for booth size.. and considering we will be having KH3 and other games playable I can see the booth size being bigger than before.

Xeontech

Oct 28, 2017
Excuse me for not paying attention to every little detail regarding E3.

The only E3 plans I'm aware of, are Nintendo's as I own a Switch (and PC). I don't go out of my way to find every bit of info on Microsoft.

You're fine. A lot of us had no idea.

The only thing I heard about was them changing their booth to mixer, and that booth was so small you could miss it on that page.

People just got over defensive cause it's ms.

Doskoi Panda

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I didn't know Microsoft was somewhere else this year. And so I read the thread and got my answer in less than a minute. I chose that path of action because, at the same instant that I realized I couldn't find a designated 'Microsoft' space on that floor map, a handful of neurons in my brain fired, triggering a chain reaction of thoughts that led me to quickly understand that someone must have already asked - and answered - that question long before I entered this thread.
Y'all got some of them neurons, right?

Last edited:

shinken

Oct 27, 2017
Hell yeah! We are gonna get a cool picture like this again, but between Sony and Nintendo, in Blue and Red!

backstage-at-e3-xbox-one-ps4-640x353.jpg

Taffy Lewis

Oct 27, 2017
Is this really all there is to E3 (not counting competing events like EA Play)? The showfloor seems tiny.

Deleted member 1839

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Do those games matter in booth size? Stuff like FF7R, KH3, Nier Automata, WoFF were all trailers so I am not sure if size of the booth matters for those games. I always assume it's the number of playable demo sections that is important for booth size.. and considering we will be having KH3 and other games playable I can see the booth size being bigger than before.

I hope one of those games is Left Alive I need actual look at gameplay and not a small snip of it.

rtv190

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

E3 2015:

e32015southhallfdb4q.png

E3 2018:

Hopefully they're having their own press conference this year just like in 2015.

Rico

Oct 27, 2017
BC
Press coverage is mainly from behind closed door meetings/demos. You didnt think press outlets actually waited on lines at kiosk?

True for the most part but our appointments are at the same booths spread across the show floor and off site venues are a total pain in the ass especially when you're lugging a bunch of stuff with you.

Xenosaga

Oct 27, 2017
I hope one of those games is Left Alive I need actual look at gameplay and not a small snip of it.
Would be interesting to see if they actually have gameplay demo booth for it. I feel there is chance we might see something new from it, but I don't think we will actually see gameplay demo at E3... more chance of it being in TGS.

Soundscream

Nov 2, 2017
True for the most part but our appointments are at the same booths spread across the show floor and off site venues are a total pain in the ass especially when you're lugging a bunch of stuff with you.
There holding their meetings offsite? I thought it was only their show floor that wasn't going to be in the convention center.

Fubuki

Jan 1, 2018
The amount of people asking where is Microsoft when they already announced they're moving their booth to the Microsoft Theater, which is a 10 minute walk from the convention center is ridiculous.
IIRC, there is just 1 thread about it in March(?). Even I have read it, I forgot this whole thing until this thread popped up again.

Deleted member 1839

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Would be interesting to see if they actually have gameplay demo booth for it. I feel there is chance we might see something new from it, but I don't think we will actually see gameplay demo at E3... more chance of it being in TGS.

I would think TGS might be a bit too late if they are still planning a release for this year. If not? then yeah I can imagine gameplay being shown at TGS.

Oct 29, 2017
Microsoft having one theater venue but no real exhibition space to play games on is interesting/weird. Maybe they'll have GamePass demos for the people at home, around which Mixer will broadcast at E3. Though more likely, they probably figured they don't need to build up a stage floor just for some State of Decay cabinets and then all the other big games will be moved to Xbox 2.

Bethesda's huge space has me very giddy.

Gamer17

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
sony can not reach their amazing level of their e3 2016 or 2015 but i hope its better than e3 2017.

SuikerBrood

Jan 21, 2018
Microsoft having one theater venue but no real exhibition space to play games on is interesting/weird. Maybe they'll have GamePass demos for the people at home, around which Mixer will broadcast at E3. Though more likely, they probably figured they don't need to build up a stage floor just for some State of Decay cabinets and then all the other big games will be moved to Xbox 2.

Bethesda's huge space has me very giddy.

With Mixer + MS Theatre they'll have almost as much exhibition space as Nintendo and Sony tho.

Microsoft Theatre:
Seating

• Seating Capacity: 7,100 seats
    • Orchestra: 4,340 seats (44 Rows)
    • Loge Level: 1,516 seats (13 Rows)
    • Mezzanine Level: 1,244 seats (20 Rows)
  • 12 Luxury Boxes
  • 250 Luxury Seats

Fan Conveniences

• 4 Lobby Levels: All open to ticketed guests
  • 10 refreshment stands
  • 13 restrooms
  • 4 elevators
  • 5 escalators
  • 12,000 square feet of VIP and Hospitality Areas
  • 6 Box Office Windows
  • Seats are 23 ½ inches wide
  • 20,000 parking spaces within a 10 minute walk of Microsoft Theater
    • 2,500 immediately adjacent to the theater (including subterranean)
  • VIP Lounge – A two level private "club," with its own patio, exclusively for VIP and special events.
The Lounge – Located on the lower level and accessible to all event guests.

Last edited:

Prine

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Doing a outside fan event has typically been a let down, see if MS can surprise on that

Not sure how non-Hardware providers failures apply to MS, if MS have new games to play on thier console location isnt a factor. Of course we can reasonably assume more space means greater amount of content to fill it with, so I can't see why this isn't an encouraging sign.