• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

ManaByte

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Southern California
MOD EDIT:
Please do not make drive-by posts deliberately trying to start a console flame-war, these add nothing of value of to the topic at hand and only help to derail it. If you see any posts of this nature please avoid responding to them and report them instead. Also, please make sure to the read the OP to fully understand this year's venue and size changes to prior years. Thank you.

https://majornelson.com/2018/03/14/e3-2018-microsoft-readies-biggest-e3-showing-ever/

With the evolution of E3, now including fans and extended show hours, we saw an opportunity to create an entirely new show experience reaching E3 attendees and those that are following the show from afar. With that, in collaboration with the Entertainment Software Association, the organizers of E3, we're excited to announce that Xbox will be taking over the Microsoft Theater, a perfectly situated space located in the heart of L.A. Live and across the street from the Los Angeles Convention Center (LACC).

The Microsoft Theater will be home to official E3 events like the Xbox E3 2018 Briefing on June 10, 2018 at 1PM PT, various Xbox FanFest activities, hands-on gameplay and demos for all E3 attendees and more. Not only does the Microsoft Theater allow us to centralize our Xbox presence at E3, but it's size enables us to include even more fans and partners in the Xbox E3 2018 Briefing than ever before.

In addition to the Microsoft Theater, we'll also continue to have a meaningful presence at the LACC with a new booth completely dedicated to Mixer, where you can play, stream and interact with games and catch the latest E3 news live throughout the entire week.

So Mixer on the show floor, Xbox outside in their own building. That explains the floor plans.

Last edited by a moderator:

tarman76

Oct 27, 2017
Yep, definitely explains the smaller show floor presence. The whole MS Theater will be their floor. Cool.

sibarraz

Prophet of Regret - One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Men, the metldowns that this fórum will have after Microsoft announces the purchase of EA, Sega and Capcom.

Rychu

Oct 25, 2017
Utah, USA
So are they having their conference at the Microsoft Theater this year instead of Galen Center?

A Microsoft E3 conference at an actual Microsoft owned stage?

Deleted member 2791

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Who will take their place in the convention center then, since Sony & Nintendo aren't getting bigger stands ?

Black_Red

Oct 27, 2017
Cool, they know PS4 is in a better position and they have to improve their imáge before the Next PS/XBOX.

So I think we may see some cool surprises.

Mister X

Banned
Dec 5, 2017
the-empire-strikes-back-movie-poster-1980-1010189518.jpg

kadotsu

Oct 25, 2017
I'm an eternal optimist so it would be nice to see the MS that greenlit Mass Effect, Crackdown, Mistwalker and Alan Wake return. Even just a bit.

JINX

Oct 25, 2017
I was right, off site at the MS theatre. Nice change from the Galen centre, the stage should be different this year.

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I haven't this been excited for a Microsoft E3 since before the Xbox One reveal probably. They have a lot of great things going on between the backwards compatibility and game enhancing, the Xbox One X, the Game Pass, and from the leaks alone we know of plenty of high profile first party titles they're working. While some, like Fable and Perfect Dark will likely come out in the next generation of consoles, I'm sure there'll be plenty of goodness.

Also, I wonder if this will put a stop to the "Microsoft is ready to quit gaming" meme, since they're probably investing more money in this E3 than the past ones.

wapplew

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
With that much floor space, MS is cooking something big, something industy changing, I can feel it.

LewieP

Oct 26, 2017
What was inaccurate about my post? They do say it'll be their "Biggest E3 Showing Ever" every year.

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
With that much floor space, MS is cooking something big, something industy changing, I can feel it.

"For years people were talking about how Xbox lacks exclusives. Well, not anymore. We just bought E3 and all the companies present. Every game that is being shown is playable right now on Game Pass. Have a good night!"

Rocketz

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Metro Detroit
Cool, I'm ready for a new stage design. They've ran with the one they've had now for the last few years so I'm hoping it's something new.

Deleted member 8791

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I don't even have any interest in buying an Xbox but am super excited by the direction Microsoft is pushing the industry. Hope they deliver with their first party output as well from now on.

Deleted member 5764

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Well goddamn! I guess that explains some of the oddities we've seen recently in relation to booth space. Can't wait to see what they have in store!