• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

AAMARMO

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
b1cGghs.jpg
The time has come and so has E3, This year may be a significant year in terms of game announcements and surprise reveals similar to E3 2015 (Year Of Dreams) however this time we have entered a new Era. To kick things off let's discuss our hopes and dreams as well as speculation for this year E3.

Showcase Time:
7lOnIkc.png

pKxABeo.jpg

rtLRklw.jpg

tBubymE.jpg

zBLqKWU.jpg

Jm8b2JU.jpg

2eyHZ39.jpg

BcumT9Q.jpg

aDzwab5.jpg

My favorite E3 coverage picks:
Easy Allies - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZrxXp1reP8E353rZsB3jaA
Giant Bomb - http://www.giantbomb.com/
Kinda Funny Games - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCb4G6Wao_DeFr1dm8-a9zjg
Youtube E3 - https://www.youtube.com/user/E3
Twitch E3 - https://www.twitch.tv/event/e3
AORkYBF.gif

Last edited:

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017
I'm feeling a Might and Magic XI announcement this year. Cmon Ubi, don't let the series die.

Farrac

Nov 3, 2017
Alcalá de Henares, Spain
Oh boy, here we go!

Particularly excited about Nintendo this year! Fire Emblem, the possibility of Pokémon and maybe Prime 4, and, of course, Smash!

Also optimistic about Sony.

Rowsdower

Prophet of Truth - The Wise Ones
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Canada
Wait, Sony has the 11th all to themselves? Ubisoft is the 11th as well right?

Anyways, looking forward to it. I'll miss EA since I work the 9th, but since that's my least favorite conference, I won't mind.

Acquiescence

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Lake Titicaca
Seeing the return of Splinter Cell is exciting, as long as Ubisoft isn't adamant about ticking off all those boxes and moulding its design to fit something that's incredibly familiar in stock Ubisoft fashion. In other words, just please don't make it open world.

I predict we'll see Sony further embracing nostalgia and resurrecting another of their long-dormant franchises. They saw how well the Crash remake sold and are bringing back MediEvil in response. It won't end there though. Next will be Ape Escape or Jak & Daxter.

EA will unveil a new Fifa game.

FrontierGamer

Banned
Jan 31, 2018
b1cGghs.jpg
The time has come and so has E3, This year may be a significant year in terms of game announcements and surprise reveals similar to E3 2015 (Year Of Dreams) however this time we have entered a new Era. To kick things off let's discuss our hopes and dreams as well as speculation for this year E3.

Showcase Time:
EA.jpg

bKX8s1i.jpg

rtLRklw.jpg

Jm8b2JU.jpg

SelPn9W.jpg

aDzwab5.jpg

My favorite E3 coverage picks:
Easy Allies - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZrxXp1reP8E353rZsB3jaA
Giant Bomb - http://www.giantbomb.com/
Kinda Funny Games - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCb4G6Wao_DeFr1dm8-a9zjg
Youtube E3 - https://www.youtube.com/user/E3
Twitch E3 - https://www.twitch.tv/event/e3
AORkYBF.gif

One of the most epic moments of my life :)

Final Fantasy VII Remake

I have an incredible Hype for what will bring Square Enix to this E3 :)

Kingdom Hearts 3
Final Fantasy VII Remake
Final Fantasy X-3
Final Fantasy XVI
Final Fantasy XIV
Final Fantasy XV Episode Ardyn
World of Final Fantasy 2
Dragon Quest XI
Octopath Traveler
The World ends With You - Final Remix
Life is Strange 2
Avenger's Project
Project Prelude Rune
Shadow of the Tomb Rider
Deus Ex 3
Legacy of Kain Remake

and more :)

HYPE

Deleted member 39587

User requested account closure
Banned
Feb 6, 2018
EA Play was so bad last year that I currently don't plan to watch the press conference. All other publishers managed to make a watchable and entertaining show but EA just fucked it up badly. Embarrassing.

Papertoonz

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
in for Kingdom Hearts 3

really excited to see what's in store for this year and all but KH3 will take priority above all else

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
Here are my current predictions.
  • Before E3
    • Pokémon Direct (Sometime in May or Early June): Reveals Pokémon Switch for a November 2018 release
  • At E3
    • Smash Switch gets most of the veterans & a number of newcomers revealed, out September 2018 (alongside Switch Online)
    • Fire Emblem is officially revealed, out December 2018
    • Yoshi is shown off & is given a final name, out August 2018
    • A port of Dragon Ball FighterZ for the Switch is announced, out Late 2018
    • Devil May Cry V is announced for PS4 & PC, out 2019
    • Mega Man 11 gets a new trailer with a solidified release date sometime in Late 2018
    • Cody is revealed for Street Fighter V: Arcade Edition, out at the end of June
    • Kingdom Hearts III gets a solidified release date (it's actually in 2018).

Deleted member 5764

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I don't want to make a gigantic post, so I'll keep my predictions short and sweet:

Microsoft
- I expect tons of focus on Game Pass, as well as a few surprises. No "new" IP, but spinoffs of existing FP titles. A solid improvement from where they've been

Sony
- I expect a third party surprise or two, but I think the first party front is well known at this point. I think we'll see gameplay for a bunch of 2019 exclusives but not much news for what comes after.

Nintendo
- I expect big things from the big N! They have to show off Smash, Yoshi, and Fire Emblem as they're known to be releasing this year. I also fully expect details on whatever Virtual Console is for Switch, as well as some "surprise" game announcements releasing this year. Pokémon seems possible, as does the possibility of another Wii-U port or two and maybe some smaller scale exclusives. I'm also hopeful that we'll see third party ports of older games like GTAV and Diablo 3.

nikasun :D

Oct 30, 2017
CEST times for example for conferences that are in the evening in the US are most likely on the next day. E.g. 10th June 6 pm PST is June 11th 3 am. Might want to make that clear in the banners somehow?

Oct 26, 2017
Predictions that I feel are interesting at all (eg, Doom 2019 and Fire Emblem predictions are uninteresting as it's overwhelmingly likely they will be there)

Ridley in Smash
Pokemon 2018
Assassin's Creed 2018
Big Ubisoft new IP
Starfox from Ubisoft shown.
Retro Studios reveals weird as fuck spinoff/revival of Nintendo IP
Prime 4 gameplay
Starfield shown, disappoints a lot of people because it's got a lot of shared world shooter elements
Survival horror Gears of War
No Death Stranding or Ghost of Tsushima gameplay

Last edited:

Alwaystriumph

Nov 1, 2017
I'm holding out hope for a Bloodborne sequel but I know it is most likely improbable.

I'd like to see more about Valkyria Chronicles 4. English trailer and gameplay.

More info on Code Vein.

I'd like to see Sony finally put to bed Username changes.

I think Xbox is going to do some kind of deal with Live/Gamepass.

After Nintendo announcing and then releasing Labo I have no confidence in predicting what we will see from them, other than what they announced and most likely more WiiU ports.

I hope for a good surprise like Mario v Rabbids, something that looks absurd but turns out great.

Coríu

Feb 27, 2018
Asturies
I love how the colors of E3 and ERA combined form the Spanish Republic flag.

Here are my current predictions for a safe and disappointing Nintendo "video presentation":

Fire Emblem first look. December 2018
Yoshi quick trailer. August 2018
Reminders for Mario Tennis Aces (including prelaunch tournament), Octopath Traveler, Splatoon 2 Octo Expansion
Pikmin 4 first look. 2019
New Super Mario Bros All-Stars reveal. October 2018
DLC kingdoms for Super Mario Odyssey. Fall 2018
Third party corner: DBFighterZ, Diablo III and Fortnite ports revealed for 2018.
Metroid Prime 4 teaser. 2019
Super Smash Bros. for Switch full reveal. September 2018

Pokémon will not be present at the show and it will be separately confirmed for 2019.

SeanMN

Oct 28, 2017
I had made my predictions in the previous E3 thread, though looking at them now I'll make some revisions.

Microsoft / Xbox:
- Cyberpunk 2077 gets a trailer and is given a release quarter. The release date is less than 1 year away (at time of showing)
- Hitman Season 2 announced (multiplatform). Will be day and date on Gamepass
- Playdead's new game gets a trailer
- Ori and the Will of the Wisps gets dated in a new trailer
- Halo 6 cinematic trailer and onstage demo. Release date revealed, less than 1 year away
- Elite controller V2 announced.
- Forza Horizon 4, September 2018
- All past MS first party games (since XB1) will be added to Gamepass over the next 12 months (by mid 2019)
- 1 new AAA IP revealed
- 1 past/dormant IP revived in new game
- 1 other 3rd party game AAA to launch simultaneously on gamepass in 2018
- Ryse 2 announced.

Sony / Playstation:
- DCM5 (multiplatform)
- From Software's new game revealed. Not Bloodborne 2, Multiplatform.
- Trailers and release Dates/windows given for: Last of Us 2, Days Gone, Dreams
- New FFVIIR trailer
- Onstage gameplay of Death Stranding.
- Black Ops 4
- New Crash Bandicoot in Dev
- Rocksteady's new game revealed
- 1 new AAA 2nd/3rd party exclusive

Bethesda
- Todd Howard's next game revealed and dated, not Elder Scrolls. Lengthy gameplay demo on stage. Also shown at the Xbox show. November 2018
- Prey expansion and Xbox 1X patch annoucned

Ubisoft:
- Assassin's Creed: Origins season pass 2 announced
- Watch Dogs 3

Square:
- First marvel game is revealed, 2019

Take-Two:
- Borderlands 3 revealed. early 2019

Platy

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
My predictions!

Pokemon gameplay, it is the 3ds games with a better resolution
Everyone that is not a new third party character announced for smash
Virtual console relabeled Classics Collection (if they don't announce it next week) and just nintendo consoles
Fire Emblem gameplay
Random small eshop game like pushmo

Days Gone not gone
New Knack
Last of us 2 gameplay
Still no death stranding gameplay
3 minute Ghost of tsuhima trailer with 5 seconds of gameplay in the middle
That Devil May Cry 5 you guys are talking about
Lots of VR stuff, but nothing omfg

Assassin's Creed announced with cinematic trailer
New Dead Rising
Ori and the Blind Forest 2 release trailer
Cuphead dlc announcement
Something about cars and sports
More gamepass features
Spikeout on backwards compatibility
new Mortal Kombat announced

Gameplay trailer of the Assassin's creed (much better music choice)
New Just Dance for everything including the Wii
New generic open world ip that could be a far cry or tom clancy game but nope
More info on that pirates game
New Beyond Good and Evil 2 details
New Rayman 2d game, digital only

I have no idea what to expect from Betheda or EA

ASilentProtagonist

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 25, 2017
1. Cyberpunk 2077 will dominate Game of the Show awards.

2. Death Stranding gameplay trailer will knock our socks off,

3. FROM will blow our minds

4. Starfield will be a big deal.

5. Rocksteady will reveal their new project.

6. DMCV revealed at Sony's presser, release date is early 2019.

7. Pokemon is November this year, and Smash launches alongside paid service in September.

Wrynnax

Oct 29, 2017
Crazy how we still haven't heard from Sony about the conference with 1 month remaining

ArmsofSleep

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Washington DC
Here are my semirealistic hopes:

- More Death Stranding (I don't need gameplay, just more)

- details on the new From game (wouldn't mind Bloodborne 2 but would prefer a new title)

- Devil May Cry 5

- Metroid Prime 4 trailer

- Bayonetta 3 trailer

- Cyberpunk 2077 blowout

- Smash Bros Switch blowout

and my dreams:

- Resident Evil 8 tease

- Mario Kart 9

- Half Life 3 obviously

Protoman200X

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
N. Vancouver, BC, Canada
For Nintendo, I'm hoping to see a Punch-Out Wii sequel for the Nintendo Switch, with Little Mac as the trainer bringing up a new talent & reintroducing the weirder boxers from Super Punch-Out! & some other weirdo's.

I'm expecting Microsoft to be as conservative as ever, and outside from the obvious, no new IP will be revealed.

Sony? Well, they're doing just fine & I want them to continue on that path.

daniel77733

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Short rundown -

EA
2018 sports titles, Battlefield 2018, one or two EA Original titles, gameplay video for Anthem.

Microsoft
Crackdown 3 re-reveal and release date, Forza Horizon 4 gameplay reveal and release date, Metro Exodus gameplay video and 2019 release window, Cyberpunk 2077 short gameplay trailer, Halo and Gears spinoffs, Ori 2 gameplay and March 2019 release date.

Bethesda
Doom 2 gameplay video and May 2019 release date, massive 30 minute reveal of Starfield with a November 20th 2018 release date

Ubisoft
Assassin's Creed Origins new expansion pass, Far Cry 5 DLC gameplay and full release dates, Splinter Cell reveal, Division 2 reveal and 2020 release year, Watch Dogs 3 gameplay reveal and early 2019 release date, Just Dance segment, The Crew 2 final push, Starlink gameplay video, Skull and Bones gameplay video...both being 2019.

Sony
Spider Man gameplay video and shows off PS4 base/pro bundles, Days Gone story trailer, gameplay video and February 2019 release date, Ghost of Tsushima gameplay reveal, TLOUP2 gameplay reveal, Death Stranding gameplay reveal, Activision trilogy of Destiny 2 expansion/COD/Spyro, DMC 5 reveal and timed exclusive for PS4...early 2019, Dreams gameplay video and Beta release date summer 2018, Shadows Die Twice gameplay revealed to be a new Tenchu game, Lost Soul Aside gameplay video and 2019 release window, Left Alive gameplay video, RDR 2 gameplay premiere and shows off PS4 base/pro bundles, price drop for base to $200 and $300 for pro but could be held for late October, Kingdom Hearts 3 gameplay video and 2019 release date and a short gameplay video for DQ 11.

Nintendo
Pokémon gameplay video, October 2018 release date, Yoshi gameplay 2018, Metroid Prime gameplay 2019, Octopath Traveler final push, Mario Tennis final push, SM3DW and NSMLB port announcements and fall 2018, SSB Switch September, online info...nothing for Virtual Console as I think Nintendo holds this for a "slow period" down the line.

Overall, im expecting good or better from all the publishers except for EA because well, it's EA. LOL.

m23

Oct 25, 2017
From Xbox:
  • 2 Halo games announced, with a reveal of the TV series. Mainline Halo will be a short CG tease, with a spin off game this year, includes beta access in winter for Halo 6.
  • Gears spin off for Spring 2019.
  • Forza Horizon 4
  • Obvious 3rd party stuff (Tomb Raider, Anthem, Cyberpunk, etc)
  • A big third party game coming to Game Pass at launch
  • Some service related announces such as combination of Gold and Gamepass, BC stuff
  • New elite controller
  • DLC/Expansions for existing games (Sea of Thieves, State of Decay)
  • Crackdown 3 re-reveal - beta now
  • One new IP for 2019
  • One unannounced game for fall 2018
  • Ori 2, Ashen, Below all release this year
  • Bethesda space game reveal
  • 2-3 other titles with existing IPs - AA games
No Fable or Perfect Dark.

Deleted member 26293

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Stuff i'm excited about/hope to see

- Remedy's new game: already confirmed to be there, can't wait to see more
- Cyberpunk 2077: same as above
- Shadows Die Twice
- Death Stranding: the time could be right for a gameplay reveal, but i'll keep expectations low just to be safe
- Whatever the new BGS game is: i'm not really into Bethesda's RPGs to be honest, but if it's really a sci-fi title i could be interested
- New Prey content
- A proper trailer for Bayonetta 3
- Kingdom Hearts 3 release date: i think i'm going to cry when i see that
- New info about Xenoblade 2 story DLC: it's supposed to be released this autumn, but might be still too early
- New info about TWEWY Final Mix additional content

Hopes and dreams

- Xenoblade X Switch: i think it's going to happen, but when?
- Monolith new Switch game: i don't think it's going to be announced here, but still...
- New content for The Evil Within 2, because the game absolutely deserves it
- That rumored Capcom game that ends with 5 -no,not Dead Rising-

Ushay

Oct 27, 2017
Not really sure what to expect from MS this year to be very honest. I'd like to be surprised with their momentum recently. Its very easy to be let down by their pressers, but equally amazing when they do something cool. So I'm keeping my expectations low for now. Would love to see something that really makes the X shine.

Sony will continue their show with their already excellent first party. Personally looking forward to Ghost of Tsushima, hoping it has a fantastical side to it.

Nintendo.. I just want Metroid from them. The rest is a bonus!

3td party. Starfield from Bethesda, Rocksteadys game and Cyberpunk are easily my most anticipated, more so so than anything from the main platforms.