• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Aiervon

Digital Strategist
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Dallas
E3 loses a lot of its excitement when you know what's coming. A lot of [strong] guesses in here. It's going to be a fun show.

Deleted member 5727

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Death Stranding gameplay would be surprising, since all everyone expects is another bizarre trailer and some talk. I don't think it would be the biggest news of E3, though.

StrapOnFetus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
TX
Microsoft +7

Super excited what too see from them

SONY -1

Do not like any games from them, not interested Will skip, and we already know most of what they got. It should be a lackluster E3 from them.

Nintendo +10

Super Excited for Smash, Fire Emblem and what they have up there sleeve. My most hyped upcoming conference.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
True. althought honestly I'd be most surprised if there's anything surprising about how Spiderman and The Last Of Us 2 play :p

I feel Ghosts of Tsushima and Death Stranding have way more room to actually surprise.

Yeah, I was mostly thinking about these two. Though I hope TLoU has a few surprises in its sleeve.

SageShinigami

Oct 27, 2017
Microsoft +7

SONY -10

Do not like any games from them, not interested Will skip, and we already know most of what they got. It should be a lackluster E3 from them.

Nintendo +10

Super Excited for Smash, Fire Emblem and what they have up there sleeve. My most hyped upcoming conference.

LOL.

Death Stranding gameplay would be surprising, since all everyone expects is another bizarre trailer and some talk. I don't think it would be the biggest news of E3, though.

It certainly won't be mine, I'm thinking.

Krakin

Banned
Jan 19, 2018
There's some huge potential leaks that came out on some notepad looking documents.

One of the rumors says WoW will be coming to ps4

I'm taking it with boulder sized grains of salt but has anyone heard about this?

Oct 25, 2017
There's some huge potential leaks that came out on some notepad looking documents.

One of the rumors says WoW will be coming to ps4

I'm taking it with boulder sized grains of salt but has anyone heard about this?

Pretty sure that list was confirmed fake. Is that the same one that lists "Battlefield 1945" instead of Battlefield V?

EDIT: Yeah this is fake. PS4 Pro 2.0? Come on.
cropped.png

LuuKyK

Oct 29, 2017
Brazil
Lol.

People need to stop believing in these pre E3 lists. The idea of these huge companies printing out lists detailing how their conference is going to be presented is quite hilarious tbh.

Aiervon

Digital Strategist
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Dallas
Lol.

People need to stop believing in these pre E3 lists. The idea of these huge companies printing out lists detailing how their conference is going to be presented is quite hilarious tbh.

What I like most about them is that they always include a wild guess or two that is accurate, which helps enable the belief the next year that maybe it could be true.

TheModestGun

Banned
Dec 5, 2017
Microsoft +7

SONY -10

Nintendo +10

Lol what a bad take. Don't get me wrong your opinion is your opinion, but if Sony isn't compelling, I fail to see how Microsoft could be for you.

GamerDude

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Microsoft +7

SONY -10

Nintendo +10

Oh my. That's...an opinion, all right.

Deleted member 42221

Banned
Apr 16, 2018
Microsoft +7

SONY -10

Nintendo +10

This will not be counted for the tally.

Unicorn

One Winged Slayer
Oct 29, 2017
Now's the time for Sega to return, right?

New Jet Set Radio, NiGHTS, Virtua Fighter, Vectorman, Phatnasy Star, and Fighters Megamix plz

shaneo632

Weekend Planner
Oct 29, 2017
Wrexham, Wales
This far out I can still be sceptical of leaks but the ones to avoid are the ones that come out in the few days or hours before. I will be minimising my web presence in the week leading up to E3 lol.

Deleted member 19218

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I just heard that Microsoft will apparently have a 2 hour presentation.

What will they do for 2 hours?

We know Nintendo will bring out super smash brothers and that Sony will bring out The Last of Us but what about Microsoft? At 2 hours I bet they must have a few good surprises.

Lentic

Oct 27, 2017
Microsoft has been strangely quiet about Crackdown 3. It still says it's releasing Q2 this year. I don't get a good feeling. Delayed to Fall maybe?

Man, that series deserves so much better.

DMVfan123

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Virginia
I just heard that Microsoft will apparently have a 2 hour presentation.

What will they do for 2 hours?

We know Nintendo will bring out super smash brothers and that Sony will bring out The Last of Us but what about Microsoft? At 2 hours I bet they must have a few good surprises.
They're going to pimp the shit out of Cyberpunk
Maybe they have Perfect Dark/Fable/Gears announcements in the chamber? Don't really have a read on what Xbox fans want

Aiervon

Digital Strategist
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Dallas
I don't wanna be surprised. Most of the time they never give me what I want lol. I'd rather know in advance tbh, like a leaked list.

I can see where you're coming from and that being the case. I used to feel that way too. Knowing what's coming this year has somewhat tempered my excitement for the show compared to previous years.

Deleted member 721

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
since ps4 is in its last years i think its interesting to see how it will go comparing to ps3 in terms of announcements

2013 (last ps3 e3 it divided time with ps4)

- Last of Us
- Puppeteer
- Rain
- Beyond: Two Souls
- Gran Turismo 6
- Batman: Arkham Origins
- GTA V

0 new announcements all of those were annouced before the e3 even if its in the same year like GT6 and batman

2012 (last e3 with ps3 as the only home console)

- Beyond: two souls (reveal)
- Playstation All-stars battle royale (reveal)
- Assassins creed 3
- Far Cry 3
- Wonderbook (reveal)
- God of War: ascension (date)
- Last of us

2 reveals (excluding move)

2011 (vita announcement)

- Uncharted 3
- Resistance 3
- God of War psp collection to ps3 (reveal)
- NBA 2k12
- Move titles (reveal)
- Little big Planet 2
- Starhawk
- Sly cooper: thieves in time (reveal)
- Dust 514 (reveal)

3 reveals (excluding move)

the last 3 years of ps3 in terms of announcements on e3 was kinda bad, they revealed a bunch before the e3 or in other game event, but sony still announced some great games in those last 3 years of life, but not during e3

*if there's something wrong, just talk and i will fix it

Last edited:

crash-14

Oct 27, 2017
I posted this in another thread a few months back

- A game based in the Harry Potter prequel universe (Don't remember how the movies are called)
- RDR 2 will be featured in Sony's Press conference... with Gameplay.

- The year of the Hack & Slash. DMC 5 and MGR2 announced (Plus MGR Remaster)
- F-Zero teaser
- There won't be much difference between The Last of Us 2, The Adventure Star Wars Game, Smash, KH and DMC5 in GoTS awards.
- The next fighting game from NRS it's a MK vs (LoTR most likely).
- The Avengers game will be DOA.
- SF will have something big (and finally that Tekken vs SF reveal?).
- A new Dino Crisis.
- No one cares for the new Rocksteady game and Borderlands 3 (Exclusive for MS?).
- The next Bluepoint remake it's a fan favorite JRPG.
- Bethesda announces a Marvel Franchise game.

Since this it's a more serious thread, I'll stick with bold ones.

I think Dino Crisis will return, but not at this E3, but I think Monster Hunter success will make Capcom approach a few more franchises.

I'm actually curious about what Remedy it's going to present and if they're going the Bungie route doing exclusive deals with Sony.

DanteLinkX

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
A friend just sent me this sony e3 plan image via messenger which seems-fake-as-fuck that hopefully ends up being true.

Take it with a quantum grain of salt.

Screenshot_20180523_172217.jpg

daniel77733

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
A friend just sent me this sony e3 plan image via messenger which seems-fake-as-fuck that hopefully ends up being true.

Take it with a quantum grain of salt.

Screenshot_20180523_172217.jpg

That list looks pretty legitimate to me.

- Ghost of Tsushima gameplay is guaranteed. Don't think that it opens the show though as that belongs to Spider Man with Layden appearing after the video to show off the Spider Man PS4 Slim/Pro bundles.
- Shadows Die Twice. Definitely possible. If its not at Microsoft's conference the day before, then it's an easy guarantee to be at Sony's conference.
- Destiny 2 DLC and COD:BO4 is guaranteed.
- Dreams will definitely be shown if they have a BETA announcement planned.
- DMC 5. Think this pretty much a guarantee. Only question will be if it's console/timed exclusive or multi-platform day one.
- RaySpace from Japan Studio.
- REmake2 from Capcom. Believe this is a guarantee.
- PSVR and PSVR Indie will probably be clips of several games in a short segment each so definitely believable.
- Medievil Remastered guaranteed.
- Days Gone is 100%. I have been saying story trailer for weeks and a February 2019 release date.
- Spider Man is also 100%. Switch this with Ghost of Tsushima.
- RDR 2 will be shown with gameplay. GTAV had gameplay in 2013. This will be no different. Also expecting a PS4 Slim/Pro bundle.
- Death Stranding is definitely guaranteed.
- (?) My prediction is The Order 1887 from Ready at Dawn. February 2020.
- (?) My prediction is the remaster from Bluepoint Games. Short teaser trailer. My guess is Demon's Souls.
- Avengers is definitely possible. SOTTR will be at Microsoft's show. Left Alive, DQ11 and KH3 will be at SE's video showcase. Not expecting FFVIIR this year at all if the reports of it being completely redone from scratch is true. Just no fucking way.
- Rocksteady is definitely possible as im expecting WB Games to have three games this year. The other two would be Dying Light 2 and MK11 at Microsoft's conference. Don't know what Rocksteady's game is and I wouldn't be surprised if it's an online multi-player game BUT im going with Superman as I think Rocksteady stays with the single player open world games using the Arkham combat system they're known for.
- TLOUP2 is 100% and I do believe that it ends the show.

Except for the order (not the game) in which games are shown, I think this looks very realistic and very possible. The only unrealistic thing is my prediction for The Order 1887 but I believe their new IP is bullshit and it will be a sequel to The Order 1886 instead. Of course, all of this is my own personal opinion. If this all happens, I would say a pretty damn good show. For me personally, at least ten out of the twenty segments (games) either interest me or are day one buys so damn good for me. LOL. :)

Diginade

Feb 27, 2018
Australia
Hey guys, I've continued my series of E3 previews and have just posted one on Ubisoft if anyone's interested in checking it out: https://diginade.com/2018/05/22/e3-preview-ubisoft/

Here are my past posts as well if anyone's interested.
Microsoft: https://diginade.com/2018/05/01/e3-preview-microsoft/
EA: https://diginade.com/2018/05/08/e3-preview-electronic-arts/
Bethesda: https://diginade.com/2018/05/15/e3-preview-bethesda/

I'll also have one dedicated to Sony going up on Thursday so keep an eye out :)

For anyone that's interested, I've just published the post previewing Sony's press conference. Read it here: https://diginade.com/2018/05/24/e3-preview-sony/

Dizagaox

Banned
Feb 26, 2018
London
My dream of GTA V on the highly-portable Switch got dashed with the realisation that Rockstar probably don't even have a Switch dev kit, and probably wouldn't outsource a port to another company either. Oh well.