• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Strike

Oct 25, 2017
Huh. Interesting. I thought with G4 gone and the MS conference not being on Paramount this year that would be it.

TrickyAssist

Banned
Nov 19, 2017
Are they actually covering the conferences? What about Nintendo's Direct? There's no timezone so I'm assuming Eastern which would be early enough to catch the Direct.

GlassCup64

Dec 16, 2017
I'm sure these will be heavily modified and will not air live. Probably no M-rated games shown at all.

TrickyAssist

Banned
Nov 19, 2017
Just checked my TV guide, these are indeed using Eastern time. The one on Tuesday starts 30 minutes before the Direct... huh.

Lnds500

Oct 27, 2017
https://cdn.images./dynamic/184/photos/882000/620x/Kingdom-Hearts-3-Release-Date-NEWS-Confirmed-Worlds-PS4-Xbox-Nintendo-Switch-updates-679144.jpg

Deleted member 11093

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Eh, I'd make a distinction between existing and widespread usage. And it's not named after that specifically in the first place, so...
Well it's not like Disney XD was created in 2000, according to wiki it was created in 2009, XD was extremely popular around 08-09 kids (I was one myself) so it makes sense that some group focus/marketing research team would suggest to name it "XD" around the time.

If not a reference to the smiley face, what else is it short for?

Edit: did a bit of googling
Straight from the horse's mouth

According to Gary Marsh, President of Entertainment for Disney Channel Worldwide, "XD" does not "stand for anything" and was chosen simply because it looked "cool".

http://disney.wikia.com/wiki/Disney_XD

HeroR

Banned
Dec 10, 2017
The show that airs on the Disney Channel like all of their current and future cartoons? Yeah I'm surprised XD is still around too. Seems like with moving all of its programs to the main channel they'd be basically sealing the deal but apparently not yet, at least.

Their main channel mostly plays live shows.

Secretofmateria

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I hope there is another far cry 3 moment where g4 wasnt expecting the topless scene that was in the trailer and quickly cut to like some off air screen for 5 seconds. Or when they put the censor sound after the curse comes out

mas8705

Oct 27, 2017
So I take it that they are bypassing the conferences (for the obvious reasons). While it'd be nice to watch the Sony Conference on Disney XD, I probably wouldn't be shocked if it would suddenly cuts to a commercial when showcasing the Last of Us Part 2, Days Gone, or God of War (if it were to get an expansion).

May 5, 2018
We are going to see a whole lot of Spider Man and Kingdom Hearts 3 on Disney XD aren't we? Not surprising.

If they air Smash, I'd love for Smash to have Bayonetta back so Bayo can crash Disney again!

For those wondering, Disney XD aired Smash Evo finals last year (I believe) and the Bayo player won on the Disney channel of all places.