• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Rösti

Oct 25, 2017
South Hall

southhallv6jfn.png

West Hall

westhallzfji2.png

Microsoft will not exhibit at the LACC during E3 2019. Instead they will be using the Microsoft Theater and the Xbox Plaza at LA Live.

Source: https://ufzt347431.mapyourshow.com/8_0/floorplan/

Last edited:

The Last One

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Look at all that space in Square Enix booth for VII Remake.

Goldenroad

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Wasn't it like only 2 years ago that Sony and Microsoft had the biggest booths at E3? Hell of a thing. MS does their own thing in that other theater though, right?

adj_noun

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Oooooh, Super Soul Bros is live video game music.

I thought it was a religiously themed Smash Bros.

cdm00

The Fallen
Dec 5, 2018
Does MS not have a booth or do I not see it? Are they hosting a booth elsewhere?

Edit: Nvm, answered

libregkd

Oct 25, 2017
It looks like Sony's usual space wasn't really taken up by any other publisher. Just a mish-mash of E3 sponsored stuff + Gamespot and Unreal.

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
Big N taking all that space haha
Weird to see it like this without the other big 2.

Oct 25, 2017
Oooof.

That Sony space is a big loss. Not much put in its place.

Thats where a lot of third parties went. Might as well be a dead zone right now looking at the plans.

SuikerBrood

Jan 21, 2018
For people wondering, these are Microsofts plans:
pKfZeGg.jpg

For those fans attending E3, we'll have plenty of opportunities to check out what we've got going on during the show. The Microsoft Theater and the Xbox Plaza at LA Live will be our home for all of our activities throughout the week. We're happy to share that not only will the Xbox Experience will be returning this year to the Microsoft Theater, we'll have it open from Tuesday through Thursday, just like the E3 Expo itself. The Xbox Experience gets bigger this year with over 100 gameplay stations on the main stage and a massive, dedicated Xbox merchandise shop.
This year, the Mixer team is bringing a ton of streaming activities to LA Live with the launch of the Mixer Dome, a dedicated space in the Xbox Plaza where gamers can play, stream, and interact with games like never before. The Mixer Dome will be bringing plenty of excitement to E3, featuring a variety of unique experiences you won't want to miss, including our popular HypeZone LIVE, Mixer merchandise, a live DJ, and more you'll have to see to believe.
In addition, every visitor will walk away with some awesome swag, and even a chance at winning a brand-new game console! We'll also have the Mixer @ E3 LIVE show happening live from both the Microsoft Theater and the Mixer Dome at LA Live throughout the whole week of E3. We'll be sharing more details on the Mixer @ E3 LIVE show and the rest of our E3 content as we get closer to the week of E3, so keep an eye out for our full schedule.
Finally, if you're in LA during E3 week, we've got something even bigger for you: Xbox FanFest: E3 2019! As we announced during March's episode of Inside Xbox, FanFest will indeed be returning this year.

This is what it looked like last year (without Mixer Dome, as they had a Mixer stand at the convention centre)

Hey Please

Avenger
Oct 31, 2017
Not America
So wait, Nintendo is actually having a press conference or is that simply the floor space? I don't know which hall represents conference halls and which the show floors for live demos and stuff.

Akela

Oct 28, 2017
Man, it's a bit sad seeing how empty E3 has become in the last few years. The west hall in particular just looks sad compared to the situation just a couple of years ago:

Atlus-E3-2016-Booth.jpg

westhallzfji2.png

Everything is just so much more spread out, and many of the booths have been taken up by much less "significant" exhibitors. (The section once taken up by Microsoft is now an eSports area and what looks like some kind of game jam area for college students.)

Last edited:

Tornak

Feb 7, 2018
Can the size of WB booth point to upcoming announcement? Rocksteady? Please!
They're publishing Cyberpunk in America iirc. Could it, if the game is on the floor, be there? Beyond that, yeah, Rocksteady comes to mind. It's been a long time now.

There's also that Harry Potter game, which apparently started development in early 2017 and is most likely a next-gen game. I hope they officially announce it, as two years and a half is enough for them to have something to show (unless they want to have a shorter announcement-release gap).

Feb 10, 2018
Not gaming, but maybe E3.

I think all the major players will move away from it in the coming years.

Yeah, it's not really needed these days, big companies like tesla, apple, blue origin do press conferences whenever they want.

But it still quite a sad end of an era, IE3 was/is a collection of the biggest platform holders and game publishers where they showcase there stuff, it's like Christmas, Easter, your birthday all rolled into 1.

I doubt there will be "sony/Xbox conference X food thread"

Mr.Fletcher

Nov 18, 2017
UK
Yeah, it's not really needed these days, big companies like tesla, apple, blue origin do press conferences whenever they want.

But it still quite a sad end of an era, IE3 was/is a collection of the biggest platform holders and game publishers where they showcase there stuff, it's like Christmas, Easter, your birthday all rolled into 1.

I doubt there will be "sony/Xbox conference X food thread"

Too right. I hope it sticks around because, like you say, it's something you look forward to every year as a gamer.

Fingers crossed. I think the E3 'week' will continue to exist in some form, it gets loads of publicity.

Nov 8, 2017
Yes stadia not having a booth is odd, unless they have no games.
Stadia is behaving not like a new player in the gaming industry.

It's strange there being no Sony and Xbox booths, makes it feel like gaming is dying.

It was the same last year. MS will have their own place outside the convention center.
Sony will probably be back with full strength next year with the launch of PS5.

Also gaming is certainly thriving, there's no denial to that. Gaming is bigger than ever and keeps growing.

srtrestre

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
"Where were you? We've been looking for you all day!"
"West Hall, at the Nintendo booth"
"Oh. Did you go to the South Hall at all?"
"What's a South Hall?"

StillEdge

Oct 29, 2017
Does activision not have a booth this year?

Also, seems like cyberpunk will be at warner bros as clicking on the booth displays Cyberpunk as a shared exhibitor.
Yeah Activision not having a booth is weird. Hopefully some kind of outside event. They will be there with a coliseum event for the next call of duty so I imagine they are going to have some kind of presence in the city then.

Qvoth

Oct 26, 2017
warner bros?
hoping for official reveal of that leaked harry potter game
big booth for s-e, too big for just ff7r imo