• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Nov 8, 2017
No Sony presence at all at E3 2019? I mean, I'm aware they're skipping the press conference, but I expected them to be around on the show floor like they've been at GamesCom after they started skipping press conferences at those.

Akuma-san メカ豪鬼

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 25, 2017
Philippines
No Sony presence at all at E3 2019? I mean, I'm aware they're skipping the press conference, but I expected them to be around on the show floor like they've been at GamesCom after they started skipping press conferences at those.
Sony also specifically said they wont be at E3 at all. They also said no plans of having anything outside of E3. So maybe they will be back at gamescom or paris games week

LabRat

Mar 16, 2018
that capcom booth looks big, they must have something to show right? maybe remake 3 or re 8

SuikerBrood

Jan 21, 2018
OK. I just didn't see them on any floor.

Both the Microsoft booth and the Mixer booth are on the other side of the street
pEPqgWL.jpg

J-Skee

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
So Google doesn't plan to have a presence at E3. Interesting, thought they would be excited to show some stuff off around this time. Maybe they'll do their own thing?

LordofPwn

Oct 27, 2017
had to look at last year's map, Square is in the same spot with the same size booth. they had KH3, Just Cause 4, and Tomb Raider. not sure what was actually at the booth though. I guess I just wouldn't look into it too much.

est1992

Oct 27, 2017
They're publishing Cyberpunk in America iirc. Could it, if the game is on the floor, be there? Beyond that, yeah, Rocksteady comes to mind. It's been a long time now.

There's also that Harry Potter game, which apparently started development in early 2017 and is most likely a next-gen game. I hope they officially announce it, as two years and a half is enough for them to have something to show (unless they want to have a shorter announcement-release gap).
Cyberpunk is most likely gonna be in WB's booth just like how the Witcher 3 was back in 2015.

WB will most likely have these four titles In their floor space: MK11(DLC), Cyberpunk 2077, Lego Star Wars, Rocksteady DC game.

PelicanBird

May 16, 2019
Im pretty glad Xbox is having their stuff again at the Microsoft theater. I really like the setup they had there last year, and it was a nice place to go to get away from the chaos of the show floor at the convention center.

MetatronM

Oct 25, 2017
Somehow missed this thread last week. South Hall looks like it's going to be particularly hellish this year with almost all of the major non-Nintendo exhibitors in there.

had to look at last year's map, Square is in the same spot with the same size booth. they had KH3, Just Cause 4, and Tomb Raider. not sure what was actually at the booth though. I guess I just wouldn't look into it too much.
Square's booth last year was mostly Tomb Raider, Dragon Quest XI, and Final Fantasy XIV. Kingdom Hearts didn't really have a floor presence that I recall, and Just Cause 4 was relegated to a relatively small and weird theater nook on the back side of the booth.

I expect Shadowbringers to have a huge presence at their booth this year. If VII Remake is actually on the show floor, those two games will probably make up the lion's share of their space.

MysticGon

One Winged Slayer
Oct 31, 2017
So EA, MS and Sony aren't there... Nintendo isn't holding a conference. Finally the "who won E3" talk can die. Hopefully it turns into a celebration of the industry.

Oct 30, 2017
I can't forgive Sony for not being there this E3, they could have made a good conference what what is yet still coming for PS4 but yeah screw that I guess.

Ouch :'-(

Cheezeman3000

One Winged Slayer
Jan 5, 2018
It's gonna be SUUUPER weird walking into West hall with no Sony or Microsoft. Even with Sony's relatively lackluster presence last year, it still felt right seeing their booth there. I'll still definitely be enjoying the Nintendo stuff but I'd argue this year's E3 is not really worth attending for videogame enthusiasts who don't care about Nintendo or the FFVII remake.

Ehoavash

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
It's gonna be SUUUPER weird walking into West hall with no Sony or Microsoft. Even with Sony's relatively lackluster presence last year, it still felt right seeing their booth there. I'll still definitely be enjoying the Nintendo stuff but I'd argue this year's E3 is not really worth attending for videogame enthusiasts who don't care about Nintendo or the FFVII remake.

Uh Microsoft is still at E3, they just moved right across the street...

Cheezeman3000

One Winged Slayer
Jan 5, 2018
Uh Microsoft is still at E3, they just moved right across the street...
I know, but that doesn't really count. I tried visiting their theater last year and just to get in was a few hour wait, as compared to E3 itself where you can just walk in and see the exhibits.

Microsoft is more just having their own separate event that you can attend if you'd like. I guess technically that means it's worth going to E3 if you're a MS fan, but just know you'll be waiting in a long line just to get into the place.

SuikerBrood

Jan 21, 2018
I know, but that doesn't really count. I tried visiting their theater last year and just to get in was a few hour wait, as compared to E3 itself where you can just walk in and see the exhibits.

Microsoft is more just having their own separate event that you can attend if you'd like. I guess technically that means it's worth going to E3 if you're a MS fan, but just know you'll be waiting in a long line just to get into the place.

This year it'll be a little different because they'll also use the whole square in front of the theater. So more space.

Cheezeman3000

One Winged Slayer
Jan 5, 2018
This year it'll be a little different because they'll also use the whole square in front of the theater. So more space.
That would be great, hope they're going to have demos and such outside. I'm the attendee that doesn't like to wait 2 hours for anything, so I'd rather look from the side and see the games and move on.

elenarie

Game Developer
Verified
Jun 10, 2018

The building (due to fire deparment and security concerns) had a limit on how many people could be in it at the same time.
Not sure if it is going to be the same / similar this time, or if they would allow more people in.

Once you were actually in, it was rather spacious. We were next to the Sea of Thieves booth, was fun listening to many of the shanties that were sang by the group at that booth. :D

ghibli99

Oct 27, 2017
The building (due to fire deparment and security concerns) had a limit on how many people could be in it at the same time.
Not sure if it is going to be the same / similar this time, or if they would allow more people in.

Once you were actually in, it was rather spacious. We were next to the Sea of Thieves booth, was fun listening to many of the shanties that were sang by the group at that booth. :D
Sounds pretty pleasant! Certainly much better than how I usually feel in the main halls... like Jon Snow getting buried in bodies near the end of GoT S6.

bsigg

Oct 25, 2017
Not sure if true cos I remember you have to pay the last year FanFest ticket cost $45.

That was implemented to keep people from claiming FanFest spots then bailing out without consequence. All the money earned from FanFest is donated to charity.

To get into the Xbox area at the MS Theater, you just need an E3 badge.

Fanfest attendees get a special session on Monday night then get to attend the rest of E3 later in the week and the Xbox area opens up to everyone else during the normal show hours.

pixadel

May 17, 2019
Last edited:
Nov 23, 2017
Wow, there's a lot of filler companies in here. Last year was like that too but it looks more egregious this year. E3 was fun to be at the last two years anyway though. I'm not excited about the lines. Are there going to be any watch parties for any of the conferences? I'd like to go to them. The only reason I'm going is for Final Fantasy VII Remake, honestly. This may be my last year there.