• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

jj70

Oct 27, 2017
I'm so worn out - I was looking for the Sony conference... read all the table across my timezone and then I've realized/remembered that Sony is not doing any E3 press conference this year

giphy.gif

Ogami Itto

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm gonna sound like a fanboy but I don't care, but no Sony makes this kinda of a pointless E3 for me.

Mexen

Oct 26, 2017
Looking forward to losing sleep and being a zombie at work during E3. So like any other day.

Edit: SONY
It feels weird not having Sony around this year but the more I think about it, the more I am OK with it. I really want to see what E3 today looks like without Sony. I really want to see what that could mean for the future of E3.

FaceHugger

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
USA
I hope it's good this year, even with Sony and others missing. This is the first E3 since like 2014 where I have a few days off to watch the first two days, and not watch when I can in the background at work.

Feb 10, 2018
Pleased Im not working during the xbox conference.

I think for my E3 food I'm going to have medium rare Ribeye steak cut into cubes with a Stilton dipping sauce, home oven fries siracha mayo.
Mango
A selection of cheeses, figs, apple + celery.

To drink a coke zero and water.

Last edited:

impingu1984

Oct 31, 2017
UK
Involved in a database move to AWS on Sunday night / Monday morning (UTC+1)... And I'm doing it remotely from home ... Just as Microsoft and Bethesda are on... So I know what ill be having on in background... Plus get paid double time and can have lie in on Monday after I've done..

That's worked out pretty well..

DrewyMcK

Nov 5, 2017
Any plans for a spoiler free thread with links to videos of the conferences? I know I won't be able to watch them live this year, and trying to search for them on Youtube/Era afterwards will definitely end up with me seeing news about the reveals before I can watch them.

TK_Shrodes

Sega of America
Verified
Oct 30, 2017
San Mateo, CA
Thanks so much for always posting the bag rules! I forget where they put it on the site and it's always helpful for our staff that uses a mix of different badge types.

OP
OP
Rösti

Rösti

Oct 25, 2017
Thanks so much for always posting the bag rules! I forget where they put it on the site and it's always helpful for our staff that uses a mix of different badge types.
You are welcome. Yes, that infographic could have been more easily accessible. To note is that the particular image used in the thread is my own designed which is derived from the official. The information is identical, I just found the official graphic to be too heavily compressed making it slightly difficult to read.

Moshio

Oct 27, 2017
Thanks for putting this together!

As a first time E3 attendee (standard gamer badge), I'm curious about what to expect for wait times. For something like Nintendo's booth, is there a line just to get into their main area versus lines for each game demo?

Oct 27, 2017
Thanks for this thread!

Hey, I don't think we've had a thread for all the non press-conference live streams going on throughout the week for E3. Starting on Saturday PDT with the EA PLAY stream (no conference, but a hosted stream) and going all the way through Friday PDT. An unprecedented seven days of livestreams!

These are some of the ones I can think of off the top of my head:

(All days PDT)

Saturday
- EA Play (Kinda Funny hosting part of it)
- Giant Bomb (EA Play watch-along)
- Easy Allies (EA Play watch-along)
- Nintendo Super Mario Maker 2 invitational thing, Splatoon and Smash world championships

Sunday
- Youtube at E3 (with conferences)
- Xbox show at night
- Kinda Funny (conferences watch-along and Showcase)
- Giant Bomb (conferences watch-along)
- Easy Allies (conferences watch-along)

Monday
- Youtube at E3 (with conferences)
- Inside Xbox
- Kinda Funny (conferences watch-along)
- Giant Bomb (conferences watch-along)
- Easy Allies (conferences watch-along)
- Easy Allies podcast live at night

Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday
- Twitch
- Gamespot
- Nintendo
- Ubisoft
- E3 Coliseum
- Xbox E3 Mixer Dome
- Square Enix (last year Just Cause also had its own stream going)
- Giant Bomb at night
- Easy Allies at night
- Kinda Funny gamescast in the morning

Friday
- Kinda Funny gamescast in the morning
- Easy Allies recap afternoon

I edited this post to reflect the Nintendo tournaments are happening on Saturday PDT, not Sunday PDT.

Dukie85

Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
This'll be the first year I won't be able to watch all the conferences live. Working sucks, but hey, lol.

Elderly Parrot

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Aug 13, 2018
Can you watch the conferences at E3, is there like a room for that

Volo

Oct 26, 2017
FYI I won't be posting the archive and spoiler-free E3 thread this year due to other commitments so someone else can post it.

Last edited:

elenarie

Game Developer
Verified
Jun 10, 2018
Not sure where to post this... If you're coming to EA Play, try to get breakfast at the Waffle, it's right next door. They make incredible waffles. :)

Arthands

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I will like to volunteer for the E3 VR thread. How do I go around doing that?

Last edited:

dirtyjane

Oct 27, 2017
Will there be a spoiler free thread with links to the streams? Im on vacation and going on a media blackout till I'm home again.

FaceHugger

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
USA
After digesting the Google presentation, Stadia would actually be something I'd be interesting in if

A: If my work had better public wifi. Only specific users and devices are allowed to access the fast wifi network
B: I didn't already have a PS4 and wasn't planning on getting a PS5

I also like how the guy talks about the production budget of BG3. Of course. Everyone knows it's going to sell a bajillion units even if it's mediocre.

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Is there going to be a "Spoiler-Free" E3 thread for people who can't catch some stuff live? I've found those very useful over the years and I forget if they usually go up closer to the start of the show or not so I'm kinda worried lol.

Captain of Outer Space

Come Sale Away With Me
Oct 28, 2017
Ubisoft just sent this out for their E3 press conference, which has a weird event happening before their conference.

D8dY_vSW4AAm0-U.jpg

stan423321

Oct 25, 2017
Ubisoft just sent this out for their E3 press conference, which has a weird event happening before their conference.

D8dY_vSW4AAm0-U.jpg
......wait, what.

Ubi, don't play with me.
Is there going to be a "Spoiler-Free" E3 thread for people who can't catch some stuff live? I've found those very useful over the years and I forget if they usually go up closer to the start of the show or not so I'm kinda worried lol.
...fine, I'll try to fix my page tonight.

Plum

May 31, 2018
What's the policy on a 'Leak Megathread'? It's really close to E3 now and so much stuff is leaking that going on Era without one is just going to ruin a whole bunch of surprises for you.