• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

spad3

Oct 30, 2017
California
EDIT 7/16/19:
REVIEW EMBARGO LIFTS 7/18/19 @ 4PM PST / 7PM EST
GAME RELEASES 7/18/19 9PM PST / 7/19/19 12AM EST*

*Yet to be confirmed.

Here's all the new information revealed at E3 2019 for MUA3:

E3 2019 TRAILER:

CHARACTER SELECT SCREEN:
screen-customize.jpg

Image is missing some characters, current roster is listed below:

CURRENT ROSTER:
As of right now, the full roster is:
  1. Black Panther
  2. Black Widow
  3. Captain America
  4. Captain Marvel
  5. Crystal
  6. Daredevil
  7. Deadpool
  8. Doctor Strange
  9. Drax the Destroyer
  10. Elektra
  11. Elsa Bloodstone
  12. Falcon
  13. Gamora
  14. Ghost Rider
  15. Groot and Rocket Raccoon
  16. Hawkeye
  17. Hulk
  18. Iron Fist
  19. Iron Man
  20. Luke Cage
  21. Magneto
  22. Miles Morales
  23. Ms. Marvel
  24. Nightcrawler
  25. Psylocke
  26. Scarlet Witch
  27. Spider-Gwen
  28. Spider-Man
  29. Star-Lord
  30. Storm
  31. Thor
  32. Venom
  33. Wasp
  34. Wolverine
We still don't have official confirmation on the following characters, but it is seemingly very likely that they are going to be NPCs:
  • Ant-Man
  • Beast
  • Colossus
  • Cyclops
  • Jessica Jones
  • Nick Fury
  • Nova (Nova Corps is seen in one of the trailers/gameplay vids, possible that he may be included in the roster)
  • Valkyrie
  • Vision
DLC roster is largely unknown besides the following:
  • Mr. Fantastic
  • Invisible Woman
  • Human Torch
  • Thing
Marvel Knights and X-Men are to be added as well, however because of the various possible characters in each of those teams, we don't have any official confirmation on who exactly is going to be included in the game

EDIT 7/16/19:

ROSTER SIZE LEAK

Some retailers broke street date and the game is out in the wild as of 7/15/19. One thing to note from the early copies is that the base game has apparently 36 character slots in the character select screen rather than the previously known 34. As of this writing, are currently 2 unknown characters that are in the base game that are not a part of the DLC expansions.

CURRENTLY KNOWN VILLAINS/BOSSES:
  • Black Dwarf
  • Bullseye
  • Corvus Glaive
  • Destroyer
  • Doctor Octopus
  • Dormammu
  • Ebony Maw
  • Electro
  • Green Goblin
  • Hela
  • Juggernaut
  • Kingpin
  • Klaw
  • Magneto (UNLOCKS AS PLAYABLE)
  • MODOK
  • Mysterio
  • Mystique
  • Nebula
  • Proxima Midnight
  • Red Skull
  • Ronan the Accuser
  • Sandman
  • Sentinels
  • Supergiant
  • Surtur
  • Thanos
  • Ultimo
  • Ultron
  • Venom (UNLOCKS AS PLAYABLE)

ABILITIES AND PASSIVE BONUSES

screen-evolve.jpg

Abilities can be leveled up and grant passive bonuses when they grow stronger. Each ability also has a type, a synergy trait for synergy attacks, an EP (energy point) cost, and additional properties that vary based on attack.

CHARACTER SCREEN AND STATS:

D84hjApXYAIDSmn.jpg:large

Similar to previous games (except far more striking visually), each character has a stat screen where you see their Level, Health, Energy Points, Experience, Attacks, equipped ISO-8s, Hero Trait(s), and Stat Chart.

Each character has a set of 6 stats that vary depending on the character and can be augmented via ISO-8:
Strength (STR) - Physical attack power (damage output for physical attacks such as punches/kicks/swords)
Vitality (VIT) - Maximum overall health (total health of a character)
Mastery (MAS) - Special attack power (damage output for superpowers like beams/magnetism/elemental attacks)
Resistance (RES) - Special defensive ability (resistance to opposing superpowers like beams/magnetism/elemental attacks)
Durability (DUR) - Physical defensive ability (resistance to opposing physical attacks such as punches/kicks/swords)
Energy (ENE) - Maximum energy output (overall energy available to use superpowers)

ISO-8's enhance your existing abilities, and there are also some that give new powers, meaning your characters aren't necessarily locked to the abilities they acquire via level up like previous games.

PASSIVE SKILL TREE:
courtesy of PadWarrior

POST-GAME CONTENT:
As revealed in the June Game Informer info drop, the game unlocks a new difficulty that's pretty much New Game + - your character progress, unlocks, abilities, costumes, and unlocked characters are all available to play from the get go for the harder run.

Infinity Trials will also be part of the post-game content, where some of the harder challenges may require higher leveled characters or abilities that unlock at later levels.

There is an Expansion Pass that has been announced as well, but other than including characters from the respective comics, we don't know if each of those expansions include story content/post-game content as well, but it is possible.

EXPANSION PASS ANNOUNCEMENT:

EXPAND YOUR ULTIMATE ALLIANCE
With the paid Expansion Pass, you'll get access to three exclusive DLC packs as they release one at a time after the game's launch. Packs will include story content and playable characters from popular franchises like the Fantastic Four, the X-Men, and the Marvel Knights, and they won't be available for individual purchase.

Bonus with purchase: Get an in-game alternative-color chef outfit for Deadpool at game launch!

Deadpool Outfit
switch_mua3_e3_char_dg2jxl.jpg

$19.99

INFINITY TRIALS:

screen-trials.jpg

Infinity Trials are challenges that have unique rewards that are not found in the main campaign, including special ISO-8 equips, character costumes, and playable characters. Each challenge has its own specific set of rules and may include character restrictions.

LEVEL UP WITH INFINITY TRIALS
Infinity Trials are special missions with specific rules. Succeed and you could earn some very helpful items to use in the main campaign.

Synergies - Team combo attacks that differ based upon the characters using them. Different synergies have different effects.
SYNERGIZE FOR EVEN MORE POWER
Combining your team's abilities can create more powerful attacks than usual. This is called Synergy, and many different types can occur. Be sure to experiment with different heroes to see how their abilities synergize!

Extreme Attacks - "finisher" like moves that generally either have wide AOE or have an increased damage threshold. All 4 characters using their respective Extremes results in an Ultimate Alliance Extreme finisher that has an ever higher damage threshold and/or AOE.
UNLEASH AN EXTREME ATTACK
Send foes running with an all-out strike using your heroes' most powerful special attacks.

Each hero has a different Extreme attack that they can use when their Extreme Gauge is full.

If all four heroes launch their Extreme at the same time, a massive Ultimate Alliance Extreme will occur—devastating the enemy!

TEAM BONUSES
(unfinished list, the video didn't reveal the whole thing):

MILD SPOILERS AHEAD

Team Bonus Screen
D84iM7aWkAEVlJE.jpg:large

New Avengers (DUR)
Spider-Man, Daredevil, Luke Cage, Iron Fist, Wolverine, Dr. Strange
Guardians of the Galaxy (RES)
Captain Marvel, Star Lord, Gamora, Drax, Rocket/Groot
Femme Fatales (MAS)
Black Widow, Gamora, Elektra, Psylocke, Elsa Bloodstone
Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D (VIT)
Captain America, Iron Man, Hawkeye, Black Widow, Elektra, Wolverine
X-Men (STR)
Storm, Deadpool, Wolverine, Psylocke, Nightcrawler, Magneto
Villains (VIT)
Deadpool, Venom, Magneto
Defenders (DUR)
Hulk, Daredevil, Luke Cage, Iron Fist, Elektra, Dr. Strange
Anti-Heroes (STR)
Deadpool, Venom, Elektra, Wolverine, Magneto, Elsa Bloodstone, Ghost Rider
Original Avengers (MAS)
Iron Man, Wasp, Hulk, Thor
Midnight Sons (MAS)
Dr. Strange, Scarlet Witch, Elsa Bloodstone, Ghost Rider
Web Warriors (RES)
Black Widow, Spider-Man, Spider-Gwen, Miles Morales, Venom
The Crew (RES)
Falcon, Black Panther, Storm, Luke Cage
Marvel Royalty (ENE)
Black Panther, Storm, Thor, Star Lord, Rocket/Groot, Crystal
Gods and Demons (VIT)
Storm, Thor, Ghost Rider
Generations (DUR)
Captain America, Falcon, Captain Marvel, Spider-Man, Miles Morales, Ms. Marvel
Heavy Hitters (STR)
Hulk, Thor, Drax, Venom, Luke Cage, Ms. Marvel
Agile Fighters (MAS)
Hawkeye, Black Widow, Black Panther, Gamora, Spider-Man, Spider-Gwen, Miles Morales, Daredevil, Iron Fist, Elektra, Nightcrawler
Ultimate Alliance 3 (VIT)
Wasp, Falcon, Star Lord, Gamora, Drax, Rocket/Groot, Spider-Gwen, Miles Morales, Crystal, Scarlet Witch, Elsa Bloodstone
Avengers (ENE)
Captain America, Iron Man, Hawkeye, Wasp, Black Widow, Falcon, Black Panther, Hulk, Thor, Captain Marvel, Crystal, Scarlet Witch
X-Force (VIT)
Storm, Deadpool, Wolverine, Psylocke, Nightcrawler
There are more teams that have yet to be revealed, and there are still some characters that weren't unlocked in the demo that fit into various teams as well. Full list will be updated once more info comes through.

Feel free to add anything else that I missed below and I'll try and add to the OP.

PREORDER PAGE LINK

BASE GAME: $59.99

Game Summary:

Assemble your ultimate team of Marvel Super Heroes from a huge cast including the Avengers, Guardians of the Galaxy, X-Men, and more! Team up with friends to prevent galactic devastation at the hands of the mad cosmic tyrant Thanos and his ruthless warmasters, The Black Order. Then expand your ultimate alliance with the paid Expansion Pass, which includes upcoming DLC content from popular franchises like the Fantastic Four, X-Men, and Marvel Knights.

FEATURES:

• Assemble your ultimate team of Super Heroes from the Marvel Universe, each with their unique superpowers
  • Super Heroes battle Thanos and The Black Order across the Marvel Universe in this new original story
  • Local and Online Multiplayer – The game can be played offline or online* with up to 4 players** on a single screen or using multiple systems
  • In addition to the series' traditional perspective, players can also select a dynamic, zoomed-in view, allowing for a more immersive play style for single-player or multiplayer when using multiple systems

EXPANSION PASS: $19.99

Expand your ultimate alliance

Expand your adventure and roster of playable characters in the MARVEL ULTIMATE ALLIANCE 3: The Black Order game with the paid Expansion Pass, which grants access to three exclusive DLC packs that will become available as they release one at a time after the game's launch and will not be available for individual purchase.

This paid Expansion Pass includes 3 DLC packs, which will become available as they release one at a time after the launch of MARVEL ULTIMATE ALLIANCE 3: The Black Order and will not be sold individually

• DLC 1 – Fall 2019
  • DLC 2 – 2019
  • DLC 3 – 2020

• DLC packs will contain new content such as playable characters, modes, and additional story
  • Includes content from popular franchises, like the Fantastic Four, the X-Men, and the Marvel Knights
  • First DLC pack will be available in Fall 2019
  • Purchase the Expansion Pass to receive an in-game alternative-color chef outfit for Deadpool at game launch.
  • Full version of game required to use DLC. Additional accessories may be required for multiplayer mode. Game, system, DLC and some accessories sold separately

BASE GAME + EXPANSION PASS: $79.99

Last edited:

EvilChameleon

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
Would be great if someone set an ERA Discord server for this up, especially with all the hype surrounding it now, after the Square Enix Avengers game got mud thrown on it.

Deleted member 17388

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Thanks!
I hope the Team Bonuses includes certain team >:D
hqdefault.jpg

Hoping for Spectrum, Boom Boom and Machine Man!

Lelouch0612

Oct 25, 2017
Great OP !

I was not sold on the game initially but it looks very good right now so I am buying it !

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Can someone confirm the entire roster for me? Is there a link to that yet? The CSS in the OP looks very incomplete.

Mr. Nice_Guy

Oct 27, 2017
Thanks for gathering all of this up. Was already pretty excited but after all the E3 reveals this has become one of my most anticipated games of the year.

Glio

Oct 27, 2017
Spain
No Cyclops is a disappointment but everything else looks excellent. Oh, maybe I'll fall into the Season Pass.

Lord Vatek

Avenger
Jan 18, 2018
I think the fact that both "Gods & Demons" and "Villains" are the only ones without four characters soft confirms unlockable Thanos.

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
Also all team bonuses go up to four which means we have at least one villain and a god/demon. Also we have confirmation they haven't fully revealed the launch todter
No Cyclops is a disappointment but everything else looks excellent. Oh, maybe I'll fall into the Season Pass.
Cyclops and Colossus are both extremely likely to be playable just unlocked either later in the game or in Infinity trials. Also Elektra is confirmed to be an intinity trial unlockable(it's likely Venom is as well)

Also multiple costumes to a character confirmed

Current Roster
OP
OP
spad3

spad3

Oct 30, 2017
California
Can someone confirm the entire roster for me? Is there a link to that yet? The CSS in the OP looks very incomplete.

1. Black Panther
  2. Black Widow
  3. Captain America
  4. Captain Marvel
  5. Crystal
  6. Daredevil
  7. Deadpool
  8. Doctor Strange
  9. Drax the Destroyer
  10. Elektra
  11. Elsa Bloodstone
  12. Falcon
  13. Gamora
  14. Ghost Rider
  16. Hawkeye
  17. Hulk
  18. Iron Fist
  19. Iron Man
  20. Luke Cage
  21. Magneto
  22. Miles Morales
  23. Ms. Marvel
  24. Nightcrawler
  25. Psylocke
  26. Scarlet Witch
  27. Spider-Gwen
  28. Spider-Man
  29. Star-Lord
  30. Storm
  31. Thor
  32. Venom
  33. Wasp
  34. Wolverine
We still don't have official confirmation on the following characters, but it is seemingly very likely that they are going to be NPCs:
  • Ant-Man
  • Beast
  • Colossus
  • Cyclops
  • Jessica Jones
  • Nick Fury
  • Valkyrie
  • Vision
  • Mr. Fantastic
  • Invisible Woman
  • Human Torch
  • Thing
Marvel Knights and X-Men are to be added as well, however because of the various possible characters in each of those teams, we don't have any official confirmation on who exactly is going to be included in the game.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
That character screen image is missing black panther to the left next to wasp and storm also to the left next to psylocke. Thats the 34 announces characters but:

Cyclops, Colossus and Beast are in the story mode, and you see them fight (its not just quest giving npcs) so they might be in.

And apparently in the latest treehouse they low-key mentioned that Elektro is playable, but ai missed that. But there's a "villain synergy" and only 3 villains announced (Magneto, Venom and Deadpool, strangely Elektra doesn't count as a villain even tho Deadpool does) and synergies go up to 4 characters in a team so...

Glio

Oct 27, 2017
Spain
Also all team bonuses go up to four which means we have at least one villain and a god/demon. Also we have confirmation they haven't fully revealed the launch todter

Cyclops and Colossus are both extremely likely to be playable just unlocked either later in the game or in Infinity trials. Also Elektra is confirmed to be an intinity trial unlockable(it's likely Venom is as well)

It would be quite unpleasant if Cyclops had a badass display destroying Sentinels and then it was a DLC, I hope you're right.

Mr. Nice_Guy

Oct 27, 2017

When did the multiple costumes get confirmed? I've been looking at the images and I'm trying to piece that out. I wasn't expecting more than 1 alt. for each character so I'll be really happy to be wrong.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
  1. Black Panther
  2. Black Widow
  3. Captain America
  4. Captain Marvel
  5. Crystal
  6. Daredevil
  7. Deadpool
  8. Doctor Strange
  9. Drax the Destroyer
  10. Elektra
  11. Elsa Bloodstone
  12. Falcon
  13. Gamora
  14. Ghost Rider
  16. Hawkeye
  17. Hulk
  18. Iron Fist
  19. Iron Man
  20. Luke Cage
  21. Magneto
  22. Miles Morales
  23. Ms. Marvel
  24. Nightcrawler
  25. Psylocke
  26. Scarlet Witch
  27. Spider-Gwen
  28. Spider-Man
  29. Star-Lord
  30. Storm
  31. Thor
  32. Venom
  33. Wasp
  34. Wolverine
  • Ant-Man
  • Beast
  • Colossus
  • Cyclops
  • Jessica Jones
  • Nick Fury
  • Valkyrie
  • Vision
  • Mr. Fantastic
  • Invisible Woman
  • Human Torch
  • Thing
Marvel Knights and X-Men are to be added as well, however because of the various possible characters in each of those teams, we don't have any official confirmation on who exactly is going to be included in the game.

This fucking roster. This fucking roster. All I need is Cyclops and maybe America Chavez and/or Nico Minoru and I'm completely good to go.

OP
OP
spad3

spad3

Oct 30, 2017
California
When did the multiple costumes get confirmed? I've been looking at the images and I'm trying to piece that out. I wasn't expecting more than 1 alt. for each character so I'll be really happy to be wrong.

Costumes have historically been a staple to the MUA games (and the X-Men legends games for that matter). Each costume usually has its own set of passive abilities and strengths. Would be strange to leave something like that out.

This fucking roster. This fucking roster. All I need is Cyclops and maybe America Chavez and/or Nico Minoru and I'm completely good to go.

I've added it to the OP as well but yes, this roster is MARVELOUS (pun intended). As of right now, this game is putting that Square Enix showcase to shame.

RochHoch

One Winged Slayer
May 22, 2018
  1. Black Panther
  2. Black Widow
  3. Captain America
  4. Captain Marvel
  5. Crystal
  6. Daredevil
  7. Deadpool
  8. Doctor Strange
  9. Drax the Destroyer
  10. Elektra
  11. Elsa Bloodstone
  12. Falcon
  13. Gamora
  14. Ghost Rider
  16. Hawkeye
  17. Hulk
  18. Iron Fist
  19. Iron Man
  20. Luke Cage
  21. Magneto
  22. Miles Morales
  23. Ms. Marvel
  24. Nightcrawler
  25. Psylocke
  26. Scarlet Witch
  27. Spider-Gwen
  28. Spider-Man
  29. Star-Lord
  30. Storm
  31. Thor
  32. Venom
  33. Wasp
  34. Wolverine
  • Ant-Man
  • Beast
  • Colossus
  • Cyclops
  • Jessica Jones
  • Nick Fury
  • Valkyrie
  • Vision
  • Mr. Fantastic
  • Invisible Woman
  • Human Torch
  • Thing
Electro is also playable. They said so in the second Treehouse video at about 15:19

EDIT: Never mind. I misheard, they said Electra

Last edited:

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
I've added it to the OP as well but yes, this roster is MARVELOUS (pun intended). As of right now, this game is putting that Square Enix showcase to shame.

It's so good. It's diverse, it covers the entire Marvel spectrum, it has plenty of female heroes, it has so many good X-Men picks...

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
That character screen image is missing black panther to the left next to wasp and storm also to the left next to psylocke. Thats the 34 announces characters but:

Cyclops, Colossus and Beast are in the story mode, and you see them fight (its not just quest giving npcs) so they might be in.

And apparently in the latest treehouse they low-key mentioned that Elektro is playable, but ai missed that. But there's a "villain synergy" and only 3 villains announced (Magneto, Venom and Deadpool, strangely Elektra doesn't count as a villain even tho Deadpool does) and synergies go up to 4 characters in a team so...
RochHoch
Wrong it wasn't Electro they were confirming Elektra was an infinity trial unlockable
In infinity trials it shows a bunch also Deadpool has an extra one as a preorderbonsu

Woozies

Nov 1, 2017
It still blows my fucking mind that Elsa Bloodstone is in the base roster.

THAT SHIT IS WILD

InspectaDekka

Banned
Jan 4, 2019
Game looks so good. Can't wait. Will definitely buy a Switch soon and this will be the first purchase I make.

Deleted member 8593

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Game is shaping up to be fucking amazing. Massive and varied roster, character customization, a global skill tree and seemingly a ton of content. And then they're adding even more.

Glio

Oct 27, 2017
Spain
I'm pretty sure Blade will be there but I would not confirm 100%. The Midnight Sons expanded quite recently in the comics and characters like Moon Knight could fill the gap.

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
Again Cyclops and Colossus are likely late game/infinity trial unlockables, unlike Jessica Jones who disappears outside of cutscenes Cyclops and Colossus are both Ai helpers during the level and they both play heavily into the story so they are unlocked later or in infinity trials so they can play a bigger story role. Beast, Nick Fury and Vision are likely the same because they play an active role in the entire story and only become playable in the finale or in infinity trials

We still have plenty of base characters we haven't seen

I'd say Blade and Moonknight are likely for the Marvel Knights dlc, other canidates being Punisher, Black Knight, Namor, Black Bolt, Sheena, Man Thing and a few other are possible choices.

Also I'd imagine all the dlc characters will NOT show up in the base story since they are expanding the story to accommodate them

OP
OP
spad3

spad3

Oct 30, 2017
California
Marvel Knights DLC

MOON KNIGHT FANS REDEEMED.

Marvel Knights could add:
Moon Knight
Blade
Punisher
Black Bolt

X-Men could add:
Jean Grey
Gambit
Iceman
Magik

If they go 5 characters per DLC, we could have 4 heroes and a villain/anti-hero:

Marvel Knights would give us Namor
X-Men would give us Juggernaut
Fantastic 4 would give us Dr. Doom

Coleslaw

Nov 3, 2018
So what's the gameplay like in this? At a glance it looks kind of simplistic / button-mashy

Mr. Nice_Guy

Oct 27, 2017
RochHoch
Wrong it wasn't Electro they were confirming Elektra was an infinity trial unlockable

In infinity trials it shows a bunch also Deadpool has an extra one as a preorderbonsu

Completely forgot he already had one, good point. After MUA2 bringing it down to just 1 alt and the "less is more" approach so many games take these days I wasn't ready to get my hopes up. Really happy to hear this.

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
Marvel Knights could add:
Moon Knight
Blade
Punisher
Black Bolt

X-Men could add:
Jean Grey
Gambit
Iceman
Magik

If they go 5 characters per DLC, we could have 4 heroes and a villain/anti-hero:

Marvel Knights would give us Namor
X-Men would give us Juggernaut
Fantastic 4 would give us Dr. Doom
I could roll with that. I think 5-6 is likely and that since each likely adds an entirely new chapter to dlc not only will the characters be original but so will the level villain. In fact I imagine the X-men would likely get Dracula or Mr Sinister(who would both be great playables too provided they aren't in the base game) sorry sabertooth don't work as a mastermind

OP
OP
spad3

spad3

Oct 30, 2017
California
So what's the gameplay like in this? At a glance it looks kind of simplistic / button-mashy

It's like Diablo, kinda button mashy but it's got very basic levels of strategy to it. You have to know your builds and you have to manage your team stats to be able to maximize damage output. There are some enemies that resist certain types of attacks, therefore forcing you to switch characters/strategy to counteract those enemies with a different team member. There are also relatively basic environment puzzles that require you to use some characters' hero abilities to progress to the next area(s) (i.e. you'll need a character that can fly or teleport to cross a chasm to be able to pull a bridge for the rest of the team etc.).

If previous entries are anything to go off of, certain characters will also have exclusive dialogue with NPCs and enemies if they happen to be on your roster during a gameplay sequence.

Thanks for putting this thread together. I'm really excited for the game.

No problem friend! I'm hyped as hell for this game too! Probably my GotY 2019 tbh

Noog

▲ Legend ▲
May 1, 2018
Ctrl + F Bucky
Ctrl + F Winter Soldier

:(

But honestly, I'm excited for this. If there's a bunch of unlockables I'm so in.

Status
Not open for further replies.