• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

RedHeat

Oct 25, 2017
I'm pretty sure I can solve this in a few minutes with a Google search, but will this game unlock the night before launch date or at 12 PM? I heard first party Nintendo games release on the former.

Raxious

Oct 27, 2017
Focusing on the length of a single playthrough of the campaign is really weird for an ARPG.

not so much as the length of the campaign but all the extra content here as well. Sure we got some trials and a difficulty mode, but is that basically it? I seriously loved the previous two games. What I'm doubting if this game will have enough content to keep me busy, especially considering all of the other Switch titles releasing.

JakeNoseIt

Catch My Drift
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
I'm pretty sure I can solve this in a few minutes with a Google search, but will this game unlock the night before launch date or at 12 PM? I heard first party Nintendo games release on the former.

Midnight EST, or Noon EST on Friday are basically the options. Given the Nintendo-published nature of this game, I'd bet on midnight

Aine

May 27, 2019
I'm kind of iffy on buying Switch games digitally, so I'll be sticking to physical. Gonna be hard to avoid immediate spoilers on social media, though.

thonerayman

Oct 27, 2017
Yup. I have the game preloaded but the marketing for this is simply atrocious. Still missing some important basic information like that. Nintendo seems to be all in on Fire Emblem while this is left in the dust.

Oh it's terrible. So bad that the discord basically banned discussion of it because every day someone would really get into it when new people bring it up.

Last edited:
OP
OP
spad3

spad3

Oct 30, 2017
California
So excited to get this and a Switch on Saturday for my birthday. I loved the first one back in the day on 360.

back in the day on 360

Wow this made me feel really really old.

any advantages for digital over phystical. Do Switch games come with manuals?

Depending on how Nintendo unlock times work, it's possible to play the digital copy Thursday night instead of Friday assuming they go by the region-based unlock vs time-zone based unlock.

Region based = if it's 12am Midnight in one part of a given region, the entire region gets the game at that same exact time meaning if the game unlocks at 12am EST since that part of the US moves into Friday first, then the west coast gets the game at 9pm PST, because the region technically hit Friday already.

Time-zone based = if the game is to release at 12am Midnight on Friday 7/19, that means every timezone in a given region has to wait until it hits 12am Midnight in its respective time zone, meaning east coast US gets it at 12am EST, west coast US gets it at 12am PST (which is 3am EST)

JakeNoseIt

Catch My Drift
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
5 days away buddies. In anticipation of online features and if anybody wants to add me on Switch, my friend code is: 8525 1640 2035

Oct 27, 2017
Please do! Especially how online works. Tons of people on the discord (myself included) are dying to know

That's one thing I won't be doing until release is taking my Switch online with it. I don't need Nintendo ninjas getting me.

I'll be more than happy to give info on characters and stuff though. I'm not going to post spoilers about the story or anything like that.

thonerayman

Oct 27, 2017
That's one thing I won't be doing until release is taking my Switch online with it. I don't need Nintendo ninjas getting me.

I'll be more than happy to give info on characters and stuff though. I'm not going to post spoilers about the story or anything like that.

LOL fair enough. I've got a bet with someone else on here and the discord about how many characters are on the base roster. So if you find anyone who wasn't announced already let us know! He and I have an icon bet lol

Oct 27, 2017
LOL fair enough. I've got a bet with someone else on here and the discord about how many characters are on the base roster. So if you find anyone who wasn't announced already let us know! He and I have an icon bet lol

Ha! Yeah, I've got you. You think everyone wants to know specifics if there are more characters? Or just that there are more?

thonerayman

Oct 27, 2017
Ha! Yeah, I've got you. You think everyone wants to know specifics if there are more characters? Or just that there are more?

You know I think it varies. I would just out the number in a spiloiler tag and then the list in a second tag that way people who want the number can get it without knowing who and people who wanna know who can see it.

Edit: also mate if you see that characters have more than 4 powers, like if you get to pick your 4 from more than 4 let us know!!

Last edited:

JakeNoseIt

Catch My Drift
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
As I have mentioned, I recently played through the past 2 games on PS4 and low-key one of the biggest differences I'm seeing is the way light and heavy attacks are handled here.

In 1 and 2, there were some combos, but they were rarely necessary to use. Every character's melee felt more or less the same, too. Something cool I've noticed in 3 is the how varied the light and heavy attacks can be among the roster. The chief difference being that some heroes have ranged attacks in those spots. That was never the case in the old games!

I think part of team comp is definitely going to be keeping in mind who is ranged and who is melee. I can't imagine an all ranged team making much sense, but maybe I am wrong haha. A balance just seems like the best way to go

JakeNoseIt

Catch My Drift
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
I have personally sold 4 pre-orders of this game to friends and family.

Imagine what Nintendo could do if they wanted to market it lmao

Lord Vatek

Avenger
Jan 18, 2018
There's apparently early copies out in the wild. I'm not sure what the rules are of posting footage from them but my biggest takeaway from what I've seen is

The Spider-Armor MK 1 is a costume in the game.

latest

Oct 26, 2017
There's apparently early copies out in the wild. I'm not sure on the policy of posting footage from them but my biggest takeaway from what I've seen is

latest

While we know that there are alternate costumes in the game, I was originally thinking they were going to be alternate colors.

It's nice to see confirmation of real alternate costumes from the comics.

Santini

Oct 25, 2017
There's apparently early copies out in the wild. I'm not sure on the policy of posting footage from them but my biggest takeaway from what I've seen is

latest

Are you referring to the 57 minute video named "Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3 - Preview gameplay" on YT that was just posted?

Don't know why posting a public, SFW YT link would be problematic, but thanks for the heads up!

Deleted member 2340

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
When does the review embargo ends? I'm hearing more about Fire Emblem that releases in two weeks more than this game which releases next Friday.

Lord Vatek

Avenger
Jan 18, 2018

Vamphuntr

Oct 25, 2017
Talking about game breaking bug not even 5 minutes in. I'm not pleased lol.

Game looks really great outside of that quirk though. Nice stuff happening in the background. It's definitely musou like now.

NeonZ

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
So regarding the outfit,

It IS just a texture change rather than a full new model. I hope this means multiple outfits for each character rather than just one.

Mr. Nice_Guy

Oct 27, 2017
Costumes thoughts,

So we've seen Deadpool have more than just a texture change, and Spiderman with just the texture change so I am hoping there is a mixture of both, but at least for there to be a chunk of texture change ones. No stat changes is a little unfortunate but I guess with the ISO stuff they didn't want that to be layered on top of it, or just didn't want people to have to play in outfits they might not like for certain buffs.

Santini

Oct 25, 2017
On the rooftop...
wearing down Ultron with the cannons reminds me of the Fin Fang Foom boss fight on the SHIELD Helicarrier in MUA1.

gilded_Pb

Oct 27, 2017
The dude struggled 3 times at the boss fight so it seems like its not just a turn off your brain masher.

Santini

Oct 25, 2017
Based on the first 16 minutes of the video, it appears as if players are going to need some skill and not just mindlessly mash buttons. Very cool.

However, I don't know what difficulty setting the player is playing at, and he doesn't seem to have utilized more advanced game play concepts yet (his friend on the other end made him go through the in-game tips).

Tanuki-Go

One Winged Slayer
Jul 21, 2018
US
Yeah I was baffled by how the guy playing said it looked significantly better than the Insomniac iteration.

They certainly have some... interesting opinions. Like saying Other M was good. lol

As for the web-swinging, it's fine. I'm not expecting in-depth, physic-based swinging in a game like this.

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
While we know that there are alternate costumes in the game, I was originally thinking they were going to be alternate colors.

It's nice to see confirmation of real alternate costumes from the comics.
So regarding the outfit,

It IS just a texture change rather than a full new model. I hope this means multiple outfits for each character rather than just one.
I've been saying at least a recolor and a model change per a character for a while now with some special exceptions

Nov 2, 2017
Watched that video, and the wait until Friday has just increased exponentially lol. The whole time I was thinking I wish I was playing this instead as he didn't know what he was doing at all. Looking at that list of synergy attacks actually makes since on how they want us to play the game.

It's all about synergy, and finding the right team composition to play off of. It also makes me feel better about having only the four powers. The light/heavy+Powers+synergy+Plus EX+ISO (didn't they say two ultimate alliance team attacks)+ block/rolls should be more than fine with the buffet of character on offer here. That boss fight looked good and Hero camera was cooler than I thought it would be.

This work week is going to be long!

Valkerion

Oct 29, 2017
Playing through X-Men Legends 1 before this drops on Friday since its the only one I did not play. Whooooo boy does this game have some bugs haha.

Santini

Oct 25, 2017
Very cool. The game seems like it'll be a decent enough length for that initial story playthrough. Doing Infinity Trials to unlock stuff will also add to the playtime, as will just spending time leveling up all the characters.

The guy on YT had only unlocked 40 out of 114 cutscenes. Just guess-timating here, but based off the movie titles and footage, he'd only gotten through 4-5 major sections of the game, including boss fights. The
Ultimo fight
that he had trouble beating showed that you just can't button mash through the content. Maybe on the easiest mode?

Using his abilities (he seemed conservative with them early on), leveling them up, spending points & credits in the lab to enhance his team, and remembering to assign ISO-8 would have probably made for a much smoother ride in his case, I feel. Glad to see that MUA3 retains the action and RPG elements from the previous games. What's been presented so far definitely comes off better than MUA2, that's for sure.

Some wishful thinking: it'd be great if the nodes in the Alliance Enhancement section are more than just stat buffs and increases. This section and its nodes haven't been seen in its entirety yet, but this video and the previous Treehouse footage make it seem like that'll be the case. The defunct Marvel Heroes 2016 game had the Omega System, which allowed for some interesting builds and ways to play. This was replaced in Marvel Heroes Omega with the Infinity System which, IMO, wasn't as cool as it was just stat buffs and increases.

Anyhow, looking forward to the game coming out!

JakeNoseIt

Catch My Drift
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
I leave for five seconds and new gameplay surfaces haha. Graphically the game looks great??

Brixx

Jan 26, 2018
So it appears there are copies of this game out in the wild already? Damn, I gotta resist Youtube until Friday.

Status
Not open for further replies.