• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

JakeNoseIt

Catch My Drift
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
I keep pausing to look at stuff during the tips screen haha. Love how thought out all the synergies are, it's really cool that they have their own names. Also digging all the UI tweaks you can make in the settings. I was hoping you could get rid of the little ability icons that show up when you hold ZR

Tanuki-Go

One Winged Slayer
Jul 21, 2018
US
I also decided to jump on the bandwagon and made my team up:

My-Ultimate-Team-desk1920x1200.png

Man, I really like the character designs in this game.

EDIT: Oh shit, I didn't notice that they have the 'halftone dot' comic style shading upon closer inspection. That's fantastic.

mnk

Nov 11, 2017
I don't want to watch the gameplay/story videos, but I'll sure be paying attention when these people start confirming new playable character.

JakeNoseIt

Catch My Drift
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
At this point I'd be surprised if he's not playable.

I'm letting my guard down and thinking the same. And if he's not, the model and some animations are RIGHT. THERE. So I'll resign myself to him being in the X-Men DLC pack, which I was gonna buy regardless. Either way, I will pew pew with my boy Scott

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
I'd like to point out this video still hasn't made it past the story points we've already seen, so post dark dimension/Wakanda could still have unlockable characters and infinity trial unlocks

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
Already copies out in the wild? Nice, that could mean I also have the chance to get it around tomorrow, if I'm lucky.

I'm really exited to play this, but I have no hope for much content or deep systems which keep you hooked even after the story. After everything I read, this seems to be really bare bones in that regard, no matter if costumes or additional gameplay system with more than stat boost to unlock. I feel I already know that this game has so many missed opportunities of keeping it easily alive for a long long time.

I hope I'm wrong but my feeling about this game is extremely mixed. Still get it and it looks fantastic on the Switch, but I'm very sceptical. :/

Oct 26, 2017
After watching that video, I'm still very much excited to play this! The synergy abilities sound great, and it makes me really want to experiment with team building.

I thought that Spider-Armor costume was an actual new costume, but it's just an alternate color for the default costume, which might mean that every character has a few alternate colors.

Last edited:

Forkball

Oct 25, 2017
Pretty sure all the playable characters have been announced. The roster is already huge and I doubt they are hiding any more until DLC.

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
I also decided to jump on the bandwagon and made my team up:

My-Ultimate-Team-desk1920x1200.png

Man, I really like the character designs in this game.

EDIT: Oh shit, I didn't notice that they have the 'halftone dot' comic style shading upon closer inspection. That's fantastic.
The designs for most of the cast are great, but characters like Elektra & Psylocke had better modern designs to pull from. I understand that what they have in MUA3 are their classic looks, but I was kind of happy that Marvel was moving away from the swimsuit one-piece costumes for the ladies in the comics (obviously that's less so for Elektra, but her modern design is way more ninja-like than her classic one).

Cool, cool. I hope to be surprised. Then again... I'll probably get spoiled one way or another since I won't be able to play this til long after it releases. Bummer.

Ah, those two would make sense, though not the most exciting surprises for me. Would be cool (though pretty unlikely) if the costumes could change more than just the look of the characters so that we get Thor: Ragnarok Loki with his knives.

Same for Elektra. Her modern (as well as Netflix) look is so good. I'd prefer if it was the default but I'd settle for it simply being an alternate costume. As for Psylocke, I think her Disassembled look is alright. Personally, my favorite look of hers would be her Uncanny X-Force outfit:

Oh god, that's so much better for Psylocke.

Last edited:

TDLink

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Pretty sure all the playable characters have been announced. The roster is already huge and I doubt they are hiding any more until DLC.
It's confirmed they haven't. We haven't had more reveals since E3 and they confirmed there that not all of the characters in the base game have yet been revealed.

I don't mind them hiding them, but they will all be uncovered by time we get to the release date, I'm sure.

Forkball

Oct 25, 2017
It's confirmed they haven't. We haven't had more reveals since E3 and they confirmed there that not all of the characters in the base game have yet been revealed.

I don't mind them hiding them, but they will all be uncovered by time we get to the release date, I'm sure.
Well either way, this roster is fantastic and I wouldn't be disappointed if this is all they had. They originally said "more than twenty" so having nearly 35 is pretty bonkers. Great mix of obvious inclusions, fan favorites, and "WHO?" picks.

TDLink

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Well either way, this roster is fantastic and I wouldn't be disappointed if this is all they had. They originally said "more than twenty" so having nearly 35 is pretty bonkers. Great mix of obvious inclusions, fan favorites, and "WHO?" picks.
I totally agree. I'd be fine if the current roster was it. But it's not. So it's still fun to see who else is going to be in. I think people are probably right that the "obvious" ones like Cyclops/Colossus/Vision/Ant Man may be it.

Neoxon

Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
I totally agree. I'd be fine if the current roster was it. But it's not. So it's still fun to see who else is going to be in. I think people are probably right that the "obvious" ones like Cyclops/Colossus/Vision/Ant Man may be it.
Also Black Bolt & Medusa, as it would be weird to have Crystal be the only playable Royal Family member.

Ehoavash

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
I forgot this game was coming out this week tbh

All of Nintendos marketing this month has been for fire emblem, and that shit is in my face everywhere

I'm kinda surprised this game hasn't been getting more marketing from them tbh

Anyway might pick this up Friday and see, gonna be my first game in this series

Oct 26, 2017
Man thought embargo was up already. Game looks pretty cool from what I've seen. Glad to hear bosses pose some challenge too. Never played the other Ultimatr games but have a lot of nostalgia for the 4 player X men arcade game

KingWillance

Oct 25, 2017
This comes out the day before my wife's birthday so thanks for the no-brainer birthday gift, Nintendo

Can't wait to play it co-op and have my wife ask "when do we unlock Captain Marvel" until she's available

Neoxon

Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
This comes out the day before my wife's birthday so thanks for the no-brainer birthday gift, Nintendo

Can't wait to play it co-op and have my wife ask "when do we unlock Captain Marvel" until she's available
It seems like you unlock her pretty early on (going by various previews, you start off with the Guardians, then transition to the heroes on Earth at The Raft).

Jaime.GGG

Oct 27, 2017
So the game is out in the wild and we still don't know if vision is playable? :(

Last edited:

JakeNoseIt

Catch My Drift
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
i have not seen it in the usual "wild" NYC places as of yet

I'm moving to NYC in like 3 weeks, can I get a DM of those places for future scientific purposes? Lmao

The insane part of my brain thinks that the Cyclops and Colossus models are more detailed than the Vision one, so that indicates he won't be playable, but, like, I think that's just how Vision looks! Hahah

TDLink

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So the game is out in the wild and we still don't know if vision is playable? :(
Even if it's "out in the wild" that varies heavily by location. And then there'd have to be a person near that location who is interested enough in finding out that info and posting it online. May have to wait until Wednesday or Thursday to really know.

TroubledChica

Oct 31, 2017
I forget if we got a hard confirmation earlier in the thread about the amount of powers available, Marvel's site seems to be confirming it's a max of 4 for everyone.

jZcS5nF.png

Was trying to figure this out a couple weeks ago and remember it was just a best guess, but there we go.

Nisaba

Oct 28, 2017
Canada
My team though not sure if I'll get the game right away~

izjJASO.jpg

Loving how bright and colorful all the charas look! I really hope there's still a chance more Asgardians get announced as playable?

Stuggatz

Jun 6, 2018
Does anyone have a link to the video that shows all announced character trailers? Each trailer is about 45 seconds long. I watched it awhile back but I can't find it now.

Status
Not open for further replies.