• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
CmTaNau.jpg

The time has come and so has E3, This year will be the last year that will focus on the current gen of games (PS4 and XB1) this is the swan song show for them. But that is not all as this could be the year we get a glimpse of the next generation of games from major publisher and developers in the industry. So expect a show similar to E3 2012 with great announcements for current gen and next gen.

Showase Time:
ySOAbVT.jpg

EA_19.jpg

KTeQff9.jpg

Tg6IS0b.jpg

Devolver_19.jpg

zm1DNAK.jpg

60bqocv.jpg

Kinda_Funny_19.jpg

XHybQfb.jpg

klZRU4t.jpg

E3 coverage picks:
Easy Allies - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZrxXp1reP8E353rZsB3jaA
Giant Bomb - http://www.giantbomb.com/
Kinda Funny Games - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCb4G6Wao_DeFr1dm8-a9zjg
Youtube E3 - https://www.youtube.com/user/E3
Twitch E3 - https://www.twitch.tv/event/e3

AORkYBF.gif

eF9OXQ4.jpg

Last edited:

Onix555

Apr 23, 2019
UK
I've got this feeling that this is gonna be a quieter year than usual, its just this.. strange sort of feeling in the back of my spine.

Eitherway, excited.

ASilentProtagonist

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 25, 2017
Reposting my predictions from previous thread

• New Fromsoftware title announced - Dark Fantasy ARPG, early 2020
  • Cyberpunk 2077 - Gameplay, and release date, Oct-Nov 2019
  • Sony announces more PS5 details a week before E3, and TLOU Part II announced for Oct, 2019.
  • Nioh 2 - Gameplay trailer, and Alpha demo announcement
  • BGE2 - Gameplay
  • WD3 announcement
  • Rocksteady new next-gen title, or WB Montreal DC title announced
What won't be there

1. AC: Vikings
2. Starfield
3. Cdprojekt AAA game
4. Bayonetta 3
5. SMT 5
6. FF7 Remake
7. Metroid Prime 4

hq720.jpg

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
can't say i'm too excited for E3 this year with no sony

in it for rocksteady's game, kh3 dlc and capcom's game i guess

BrickArts295

GOTY Tracking Thread Master
Oct 26, 2017
Crazy how deflated I feel about E3 because of no Sony. I'm sure MS will bring the goods but still. I definitely will not need to ask for a day off now XD

Rotobit

Editor at Nintendo Wire
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
EA - I dunno, Jedi Fallen Order trailer uploaded to YT that morning I guess?

Xbox - Tease of the next Xbox, maybe like how they "unveiled" the One X with devs talking about how rad it is alongside close-ups of circuit boards. Few game announcements, probably a heavy focus on Halo Infinite to make up for it.

Bethesda - Fallout 76 gets the sort of token shout-out ESO used to get. ESO, meanwhile, gets a lot of attention in comparison. Outside of that, Doom and Wolfenstein, I guess? Will those games be out by E3?

Devolver - They'll reference a post in THIS VERY THREAD. Also they're porting and localizing Giftpia in partnership with Nintendo. Why the hell not.

PC Gaming Show - I get bamboozled by a lavish suitcase housing a GPU.

Ubisoft - Watch Dogs 3 opened, Just Dance gets less of a focus, there's a fair bit of VR, GAAS updates, another random Nintendo partnership, and even more Beyond Good 'n Evil 2. Rayman confirmed for Smash. Not really. But maybe.

Square Enix - Final Fantasy VII Remake, tiny bit of KH3 DLC news (like a pic of the new keyblade and that's it), a Switch exclusive Final Fantasy game, FFXIV Shadowbringers is brought up briefly, Life is Strange 2's next episode at the time gets a trailer and the first episode is released for free. Avengers and the rest of Marvel are no-shows.

Nintendo - Last Mario Maker 2 push, Smash DLC announcement, Animal Crossing is finally shown, bunch of new Pokémon reveals, and close out on something really unexpected/super boring. One or the other.

Last edited:

Joseph

Jul 7, 2018
I'll do MS predictions
New Games:
- Bleeding Edge
- Fable tease (think TESVI)
- New ip from Rare
- New game from Playful based on existing ip
Acquisitions:
- IOI
- Relic
- Bluepoint

Masagiwa

Jan 27, 2018
It's already that time of year isn't it? I'm in for:

- Rocksteady's Game
- FFVII Remake

- Tango Gameworks new game (Hopefully Evil Within 3)
- Cyberpunk 2077
- Splinter Cell
- Anything Capcom (R3make, Dino Crisis, Onimusha)
- The rumored Dark Fantasy ARPG by FROM

Honestly I'm really curious how many next gen games will get teased cause those are the most exciting, especially new IP's.

Allyougame

Oct 25, 2017
Definitely an interesting year, even with Sony not present.

Square Enix in particular, as mentioned, not only for taking the Sony timeslot which in and of itself isn't world-shattering. But combine that with what they've said about expectations in the fiscal year that point to a noteworthy release, it certainly leads you to wonder.

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
Nintendo-takes e3 for the win /jk

But on a serious note they are the main one I watch
Personally expecting a big final Mua3 trailer and breakdown along with plenty of floor footage, Luigi's mansion 3 and animal crossing first major looks and release dates. 2-3 surprises out of nowhere with one being a major reveal

CJohn

Oct 30, 2017
I won't be able to see the Square Enix one. I am curious to see that Avengers game.

Memento

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
No Sony is a massive letdown but I am in for next gen stuff and reveals at Microsoft's

ShinobiBk

One Winged Slayer
Dec 28, 2017
Platinum will have another game beside Astral Chain at the Nintendo conference and it won't be Bayonetta.
Also there will be a Metroid game. Whether it's a remake of the trilogy or a 2D game, idk.
Retro Studios will have something to show

Microsoft won't show a ton from first party. I feel they'll be saying all of it for 2020 so they can be next gen titles.
This year they will focus more on the next Xbox hardware but I'm not sure if they'll show us any games running on it. Halo Infinite if anything. Gears 5 will be the showcase

FF VII Remake may or may not show up but it will not have a firm release date

Deleted member 46948

Account closed at user request
Banned
Aug 22, 2018
I'm mostly hoping for Bloodlines 2 gameplay (but probably not in any of the main presentations) and possibly something new from Arkane in Bethesda show.

I think I've read somewhere they're not going to show Starfield this year, so other than that, I got nothing... maybe a new Splinter Cell at Ubi show?

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
We're still waiting for Nintendo to announce their E3 plans. It should still stay the Tuesday tho

Deleted member 46948

Account closed at user request
Banned
Aug 22, 2018
They just announced the game as at least one year away. Can't really say I'm too optimist about a full gameplay reveal now.

They have preorders open for March 2020 and the Paradox PR guy said "we have a year of marketing campaign planned", so here's to hoping we'll see at least something. We also know for a fact the press was shown a short gameplay demo IIRC.

Deleted member 51691

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 6, 2019
Microsoft:
  • New Ninja Theory game
  • Game Pass on PC
  • Rocksteady new game demonstration
  • Onimusha reimagining
  • Bandai Namco multiplat (new Tales?)
  • Acquires Studio MDHR and Housemarque
Nintendo:
  • Retro's unannounced project
  • BOTW sequel teaser
  • Apex Legends Switch port
  • New Paper Mario game
Square Enix:
  • FF7 Remake extended gameplay and release date for 2019
  • Avengers Project teaser trailer
  • Dragon Quest V remaster for modern platforms
  • Kingdom Hearts III DLC
  • Just Cause 4 DLC
Bethesda:
  • The Evil Within 3
  • Fallout game remaster (Fallout 3?)
  • Fallout 76 expansion
  • Todd Howard gets booed on-stage
Ubisoft:
  • Skull and Bones delay
  • Watch Dogs 3 reveal, gameplay demo, release date in 2019
  • Just Dance dancing sequence
  • Miyamoto on stage for some Nintendo collaboration

Feb 8, 2018
Devkits specs are known to be better than what ends up in the final product no? So I wonder if that means that we should expect some downgrades similar to Watch Dogs in next-gen gameplay.

Last edited:

ShinobiBk

One Winged Slayer
Dec 28, 2017
Oh I forgot.

Sora gets announced as the next DLC character for Super Smash Bros releasing the next day which once again crashes the Nintendo eShop and Smash servers in an embarrassing display

The Unsent

Oct 25, 2017
I'm expecting nothingburger the show. Would be cool to see a new Mario Kart or 2D platformer but probably too close to the ports being rereleased. No Sony apperance as well.

litebrite

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
MS
- Xbox Next Gen tease trailer
- Gears 5
- Gears Tactics
- Halo Infinite
- Ori and the Will of Wisps
- Cuphead DLC
- Battletoads
- Ninja Theory's new IP
- New Indie games montage trailer
- Banjo 1 & 2 Remake (coming to Switch too)
- Surprise new game reveal by MS
- Japanese Ports (Yakuza, Square Enix RPG's, etc.)
- Third party world premeire trailers

Gilver

Banned
Nov 14, 2018
Costa Rica
I just want to see what is Capcom's next big thing and I want to see Babylons Fall gamplay. And now that I think about it Fromsoftware might have a thing but other than that I dont know what else might be interesting.

Kawngi

Prophet of Truth
Oct 30, 2017
My favorite time of the year! Can't believe we're nearly a month away.