• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

RPGamer92

Oct 25, 2017
Only three months until E3 2019!! With it being a lot closer now, I thought it would be a good time to start up a predictions thread. Even with Sony's absence this year, it still feels like it will be a big one based on rumors from MS's side and the already announced games from Nintendo as well as unknown third party announcements that could happen at the show or from now until then. So here goes:

MS conference:
Gears 5 gameplay demo with release date (October 2019)
Halo Infinite gameplay reveal
Ori trailer with release date reveal (July) if not announced by then
Ninja Theory game reveal
Battletoads full reveal
Fable IV tease from Playground Games for next gen
New studio acquisitions- 4A Games, Supermassive, Moon Studio
Third parties- Cyberpunk 2077, Rocksteady reveal, Borderlands 3, Watch Dogs 3, Jedi Fallen Order, Japanese content from Namco, Capcom, Square etc
Lots of PC talk- Halo on PC, Windows Store UI overhaul, Gamepass on PC

Nintendo:
Animal Crossing is the spotlight this year
Final trailers for SMM2 and Fire Emblem
Pokemon Sword/Shield trailer
New Link's Awakening trailer
Bayonetta 3 reveal
Astral Chain trailer
Smash DLC Character #2
Nindies
New big third party announcements

VilleEricson

Oct 27, 2017
Sweden
EA (or Microsoft):
Mass Effect Trilogy Remastered.

That is all.

EDIT: I would love a remake of Mass Effect 1, or atleast the first game with like the gameplay of the third but that won't happen so a remaster will do.

Aokiji

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Los Angeles
Microsoft will be there. Nintendo will be there. And in a shocking turn of events, Sony will not be there. You heard it here first.

CRIMSON-XIII

Oct 25, 2017
Chicago, IL
i am disappointed that PS wont be at the biggest week in videogames.

ill watch it but as soon as MS and Ubisoft are done on Monday by the early afternoon, E3 conferences will be over for the most part. I hope E3 continues to be huge. I need a huge PS conference this year whenever

modiz

Oct 8, 2018
i have a feeling that watch dogs 3 and rocksteady's game are getting sony marketing so they wont appear on MS stage.

Rotobit

Editor at Nintendo Wire
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Only three months until E3 2019!

*drewscanlonblinking.gif*

I went to last year's and it feels like it was just yesterday.

As for my predictions tho... Nintendo taking advantage of the spotlight basically being handed to them, unless Microsoft wants to announce its next hardware before Sony

Kind of excited for relatively smaller devs and publishers to get more attention this time around

gogojira

Oct 27, 2017
I hope Sony has a conference around the same time. It's a bummer that they'll be skipping, one less conference to look forward to.

I think we all expect Microsoft to go wild this E3, hopefully they live up to that expectation. I just want some next gen goodness and get some insight into what all those studios they've created or bought have been up to.

For Nintendo, not really sure. I thought Metroid Prime 4 but then, well, the big announcement happened so no luck there. I'm hoping for a surprise Prime Trilogy and maybe a 2D Sakamoto Metroid for Switch. Nintendo reveals so much throughout the year via Directs it's hard to predict. Maybe Retro will surprise announce whatever they've been working on prior to Metroid Prime 4 going to them.

Betty

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Nintendo mostly focus on Animal Crossing & Fire Emblem.

MS get lots of great third party showings, they have a teaser reel of dev's talking about the next Xbox and how amazing it'll be, but won't show the console at all.
Also MS probably buys a big developer or something, like Capcom, EA, Sega, etc.

There will be much handwringing about Sony not being there and how it was a mistake but won't impact them at all in the long run.

Sony's E3 conference will be a disappointment.

Well for a lot of people that wouldn't be too different from last year.

Last edited:

CGiRanger

Oct 25, 2017
Astral Chain should be playable considering it will be released in August. It would certainly be a near-final or even final build

ZhugeEX

Senior Analyst at Niko Partners
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
Sony's E3 conference will be a disappointment.

Feb 10, 2018
Excited for halo infinite, gears 5, Ninja Theory, Fable and hopefully some scarlett news.
Xbox conference is going to be pretty stacked if most of this stuff happens.

A shame Sony won't be there.

Somone could do a unofficial Sony conference, outside the expo on a table with a budget of less the $100, would be funny.

Big G

Oct 27, 2017
There will be a lot of insider rumors pointing towards the Metroid Prime Trilogy and/or the game Retro Studios was working on pre-MP4 appearing, and once again the show will come and pass without either being mentioned.

KtotheRoc

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Smash DLC Character #3 should be revealed around that time. I think character #2 ("Brave") will be revealed whenever they give details on the next update that they teased in the last general Direct.

Meg Cherry

Oct 25, 2017
Seattle, WA
Microsoft will lead with their next-gen efforts, both a streaming-focused device/service and a proper Xbox One X successor. Fable, Halo Infinite, and an new IP headline the launch lineup. 2020 target, possibly console hitting before streaming device.

Nintendo focuses on Pokemon, showcases Animal Crossing & Bayonetta.

EA talks a lot of game about Apex, lot of Jedi Order. Anthem & BFV get major updates announced for the Fall. New Need for Speed & PvZ shown.

Ubisoft has Watch Dogs 3 out this year, plus a new game from the Mario v Rabbids team. Beyond Good & Evil 2 shown yet again in a conceptual state. Close on Avatar.

Bethesda apologizes for Fallout 76, just in time to start selling pre-orders for Fallout 5. Starfield trailer.

wwm0nkey

Oct 25, 2017
Microsoft:
-XB Scarlett line revealed, 2 consoles
-XBO: X will be forward compatible, run games at a lower setting
-xCloud now in open beta
-xCloud and Gamepass coming to Switch
-GoldenEye remake lives again on both
-Fable 4 reveal
-3 new IPs shown
-Halo Infinite gameplay, bigger than people think
-Halo Infinite Engine showcase
-Announcement that Slipspace will be used by other MS studios
-Gears 5 shown
-Some third party stuff, Cyberpunk MP reveal
-Cyberpunk to support crossplay on Xbox, xCloud and PC
-Announcement of a new PC store that is separate from the Win store

Deleted member 11276

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Zelda: The Seal of Darkness

BOTW successor that builds upon BOTW's foundation and improves it greatly. Gameplay similar to BOTW, but with many tweaks and also themed dungeons and a great story.

tarman76

Oct 27, 2017
Isn't Sony just handing MS marketing deals by not being able to showcase things at E3?

Will be interesting to watch unfold.

breakYODAy

Oct 25, 2017
PC game show might have an opportunity to raise it's profile. I predict it slides into Sony's old timeslots.

modiz

Oct 8, 2018
Isn't Sony just handing MS marketing deals by not being able to showcase things at E3?

Will be interesting to watch unfold.
umm.... no...?
if sony has a marketing deal, then these games will either shown in their own event/E3 conference, or in a yet to be announced sony event.

Dyashen

Dec 20, 2017
Belgium
Microsoft/Xbox conference

• Starting with Gears 5. In Rod we trust!
  • Halo Infinite news including the start of the flighting program starting December.
  • Ori 2 launch trailer.
  • Xbox Game Studios segment where they announce three new studios which will be Double Fine/Klei or Panache studios.
  • Obscure/lesser known Xbox IP returns developed through Global Publishing.
  • Lots of 3rd party stuff. New Onimusha/Lost Planet game. Several JP games get ported to Xbox. Persona 5 for Xbox announcement.
  • Ending with a trailer for the new consoles coming 2020 featuring all the new in-house studios talking about what a beast the new systems will be.

edit: Totally forgot that Ninja Theory was going to show their game this year according to insiders. E3 seems like a perfect moment for it.

Last edited:

Trevelyan

User requested permanent ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
For Nintendo, we'll see Animal Crossing be the spotlight, with huge gameplay trailers for it, Luigi's Mansion 3, Astral Chain and Link's Awakening. For 2020 reveals we'll see first gameplay for Bayonetta 3, and reveals for Pikmin 4 and a 3D Donkey Kong game.

fossi8

One Winged Slayer
Apr 22, 2018
I beg for a new option on soccer games, Fifa is the same sh*t every year, PES is no competition anymore. Maybe a new super mario strikers or fifa street at least.

Deeke

Oct 25, 2017
United States
Microsoft:
  • Full Game Pass integration on PC begins
  • Tighter Windows Store optimization/new feature sets
  • Announcement of Fable 4?
  • New project reveals from fresh MS Studios like Ninja Theory, etc
  • New Cuphead stuff?
  • No Halo: Infinite gameplay
  • Lockheart Reveal, Scarlett tease
  • xCloud fluff
  • New Cyberpunk 2077 footage and POSSIBLY a release window (we already know CDPR wants to release by 2021)
  • More live services talk
  • Service updates, Xbox Quests, Community stuff, Mixer, etc.

No Game Pass on Switch, but Cuphead/Ori could crossover.

HellofaMouse

Oct 27, 2017
i want to -and probably will- see next gen games, doesn't matter who it comes from.

but worried i may not -and probably wont- be able to tell the difference.

christocolus

Oct 27, 2017
Hopefully, Xbox will announce new business partnerships, more acquisitions, brand new studios, mech assault and PD reboots, new games/IPs from new studios, Xcloud , Halo Infinite, PGs open world game, Slipspace demo blows minds and they announce that other 1P studios are using the engine. Global Publishing announces a couple of games in development by top talents in the industry (western and japanese). new BC announcements, new live features and lastly Gamepass 2.0.

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
Seeing what MS and Nintendo will be able to show off...i gotta say Sony not being part of this e3 will be manageable.
*hype*

wtd2009

Oct 27, 2017
Oregon
I plan to be disappointed again for not seeing ffviiR footage. But if I can get some borderlands 3 material it should make up for it. I got neither last year, so we can't really do any worse!

Coolsambob

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
Ubisoft will probably have a great turn out, with Watch Dogs 3 and some other stuff.

Microsoft will probably have so many game announcements with Sony out the picture it'll feel too much and take a fair bit of online reading after to feel caught up.

Square will do another boring direct style video, but have some FF7 footage in it.

....EA will keep up with the awful influencer style as always

Shoichi

Jan 10, 2018
Nintendo:
  • Animal Crossing Details
  • Pokemon Sword and Shield new mechanics/pokemon/story revealed
  • the Partnership with MS showing up in small pieces (Ori, Cuphead?, etc.)
  • Bayonetta 3 gameplay/story trailer
  • new Smash DLC character reveal
  • Deeper dive in Astral Chain, as well as all the games that are released post-E3 and were in this past Directs releasing 2019
  • Metroid Prime Trilogy finally showing up
  • new third party ports being announced
  • Nindies
  • some surprise game announcement or two from some long awaited IP
  • NSO new feature/services announced

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.