• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN1X

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I'm gearing up for the most disappointing, or otherwise most underwhelming, E3 in years. I haven't even asked for days off at work!

Leocarian

Banned
May 13, 2018

Ok! have fun in no particular order but I am only doing Microsoft.

• Halo Infinite - Gameplay Demo - Holiday 2020 (Launch title for the Xbox Scarlet Family)

• Halo MCC for PC - Release Schedule/New Trailer showcasing PC perks/graphics (All games out by end of this year)

• Gears 5 - Gameplay Demo with Fall 2019 Release Date (sooner than you think)

• Gears Tactics - Short gameplay trailer with 2019 Release Date

• Battletoads - Short gameplay trailer with 2019 Release Date

• Sea of Thieves - Roadmap/Future Content for 2019 Trailer

• Ori and the Will of the Wisps - Last and final trailer with Release Date for 2019

• New Mech Game Announcement Trailer

• World Premier for Dino Crisis Reboot for 2020 Announcement (Monster Hunter World - fans got it . Resident Evil 2 Remake - fans got it. Resident Evil 7 was well received. Devil May Cry 5 fans got it. Do you see the trend here? Capcom has pretty much been giving what fans wanted and they've been arguably the most successful publisher this generation with exception of Marvel vs Capcom Infinite. It's only a matter of time.)

• World Premier for Splinter Cell - (later showcased at Ubisoft Confernece)

• Reveal of the Xbox Scarlet Family (Specs, how they work, what they do, and so on.)

• Xbox Live Update + New Functions for next-gen set of Xbox consoles

• Project xCloud Talk

• Bleeding Edge Announcement Trailer from Ninja Theory

• Fable Teaser from Playground Games

• Teaser of the next-gen Rare IP

• New Studio Acquisitions
Note - I might change this list/update depending on what happens and what I hear in the next 60 or so days before E3 but I think for the most part I am pretty happy with my predictions. Believe it or not, things can change last minute very easily for several different reasons.

cyrribrae

Chicken Chaser
Jan 21, 2019
This E3 will actually be a 48 hour livestream mukbang featuring the executive teams of every platform. You'll watch GabeN fry up some Swai and share it with Doug Bowser. Tim Sweeney will choke on a kernel of corn and Phil Spencer will perform the Heimlich maneuver - at which point it will be revealed to be a sneaky deception and Sweeney will knee Spencer in the face screaming "UWP!!!". A giant digital Detective Pikachu will stride into the frame for about 10 seconds 28 hours in, being ridden by Sean Layden. No new games will be shown. However, several new lines of food products based on your favorite gaming franchises. Next gen consoles will be revealed as decorative ceramic plates. Thus, you will be able to still say something like "I'm gonna be having Gears 5 on my next gen console!"

But really, who knows. I'm still shocked people didn't like MS's conference last year. It was overall very, very good IMO. I expect plenty of nuts and bolts discussion on stage, but I expect quite a few new game reveals as well. Don't super care if they're 1st party or not. I have no idea if Nintendo/MS partnership is real or what it would entail, but I just want to see it happen.

Star-Lord

Oct 25, 2017

• Halo Infinite - Gameplay Demo - Holiday 2020 (Launch title for the Xbox Scarlet Family)

• Halo MCC for PC - Release Schedule/New Trailer showcasing PC perks/graphics (All games out by end of this year)

• Ori and the Will of the Wisps - Last and final trailer with Release Date for 2019

• World Premier for Dino Crisis Reboot for 2020 Announcement (Monster Hunter World - fans got it . Resident Evil 2 Remake - fans got it. Resident Evil 7 was well received. Devil May Cry 5 fans got it. Do you see the trend here? Capcom has pretty much been giving what fans wanted and they've been arguably the most successful publisher this generation with exception of Marvel vs Capcom Infinite. It's only a matter of time.)

• Reveal of the Xbox Scarlet Family (Specs, how they work, what they do, and so on.)

• Project xCloud Talk

Note - I might change this list/update depending on what happens and what I hear in the next 60 or so days before E3 but I think for the most part I am pretty happy with my predictions. Believe it or not, things can change last minute very easily for several different reasons.
That's a good prediction :)
For me I really want to see rocksteady game it's been almost 4 years since their last game.

cyrribrae

Chicken Chaser
Jan 21, 2019

• Project xCloud Talk

Is this your full set of predictions? Or just the ones you care about? This sounds like a crazy 1st party heavy show, with almost no time given to 3rd parties and indies especially. Also, do you really think we'll get full spec reveals on stage now? Dang, you really do think next gen consoles are coming out sooner than expected.

vivftp

Oct 29, 2017

• Project xCloud Talk

Nifty. Well if it's the same time as last year I might be at work for the first hour of the MS conference, factor in the drive home and I'll pretty much miss it. Guess I can rewatch the stream when I get home. Just gonna have to ignore all news and stay the bloody hell away from Era for that short period of time, lol.

Leocarian

Banned
May 13, 2018
Is this your full set of predictions? Or just the ones you care about? This sounds like a crazy 1st party heavy show, with almost no time given to 3rd parties and indies especially. Also, do you really think we'll get full spec reveals on stage now? Dang, you really do think next gen consoles are coming out sooner than expected.

Then expected? Most people expect new consoles end of 2020 including me. Not sure where you see anything early here.

Scorpio specs were given out officially at the end of e3 2016 conference and released in November of 2017. Same time difference as for next set of consoles. There is nothing really surprising here imo.

Leocarian

Banned
May 13, 2018

I might have a good idea of what one of those studio purchases is. Honestly, it's kind of been in your face already :) but I'd rather keep that quiet for the funsies.

cyrribrae

Chicken Chaser
Jan 21, 2019
Then expected? Most people expect new consoles end of 2020 including me. Not sure where you see anything early here.

Scorpio specs were given out officially at the end of e3 2016 conference and released in November of 2017. Same time difference as for next set of consoles. There is nothing really surprising here imo.
Really? It is my impression that not only did we not get Scorpio specs at E3, we didn't ACTUALLY get them until Spring of 2017, when Digital Foundry got that exclusive to go down to Redmond and talk with the team actually putting it altogether. Am I mistaken?

I might have a good idea of what one of those studio purchases is. Honestly, it's kind of been in your face already :) but I'd rather keep that quiet for the funsies.
Sure, no need to ruin any surprises. My question was more directed to you only including three 3rd party games (surprises each one would be, of course). It would be pretty surprising if MS didn't go hard on 3rd parties. But your schedule doesn't necessarily leave much room after all the Xbox and MS-published stuff lol

vivftp

Oct 29, 2017

In your face? Sounds VR related. Microsoft buying a VR developer or hardware manufacturer? :)

Really? It is my impression that not only did we not get Scorpio specs at E3, we didn't ACTUALLY get them until Spring of 2017, when Digital Foundry got that exclusive to go down to Redmond and talk with the team actually putting it altogether. Am I mistaken?

You are. Microsoft gave some general specs for the Scorpio at E3 2016. Here's a timestamped link to the conference

srtrestre

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Nintendo:

-Animal Crossing Switch
-Next Smash newcomer
-New Switch model
-Breath of the Majora teaser

Microsoft:

-Next Xbox
-Halo fully unveiled
-"Hey, here's a list of studios we just bought..."

Sony:

Leocarian

Banned
May 13, 2018

Sure, no need to ruin any surprises. My question was more directed to you only including three 3rd party games (surprises each one would be, of course). It would be pretty surprising if MS didn't go hard on 3rd parties. But your schedule doesn't necessarily leave much room after all the Xbox and MS-published stuff lol

The reason why there is a lot of Microsoft published stuff at this years E3 is because they need to showcase that their studio acquisitions are prepping for next gen and doing work.

3rd party while that stuff is exciting don't get me wrong. I don't believe they are as important 1st party in their current situation. They had a good 3rd party show last year with 1st party being the big show with studio acquisitions.

This time it will be big for 1st party games I personally think with a slew of good 3rd party announcements.

Its impossible to predict everything 100% and just because I gave my predictions does NOT mean they will all happen. You have to realize I am an person just like you. I might have more insight than other people but that doesn't always guarantee everything. Long story short, take everything you read on the internet with a grain of salt.

If you want to believe it then go ahead. You don't then don't. But don't get upset if not everything lines up.

Deleted member 32615

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 12, 2017
My big prediction is that Sony does a big reveal at a State of Play pre E3 to get people talking.

If TLOU2 or one of the other big 3 is 2019 (which surely one of them is) then it will be revealed around this time. If not I still think we'll get something State of Play between May and June

Leocarian

Banned
May 13, 2018
Hehe, all good.

A question if I may. I'm not expecting any details but on a scale of 1 to 10 how confident are you that you know Sony's next gen strategy? I'm just curious where you think you stand on the info you have access to.

I'll be honest. Sony is a very strange company at times. They're hard to crack and hard to approach. Anything related to Sony I usually find out from other people who are closer to them than me.

However with Microsoft it's a lot different. Microsoft is a lot more predictable and they're also more talkative than Sony is, so it's a lot easier to gauge on what they're planning to do.

It also helps that I have very good relations with Microsoft from a Publisher to Media Outlet business side. They're fantastic publisher to work with.

Lucreto

Oct 25, 2017
I think Microsoft will be conservative on what they will show. A lot of the work we are seeing is next generation prep and that is when we will see it. The studios they bought last year will be silent unless one has an unrevealed game in late enough production that didn't get a publisher.

The standard Forza, Halo and Gears combo and third parties are the order of the day. Then tease next generation at the end.

Microsoft isn't going to do a Sony and reveal a heap of titles that are 2 or 3 years away this close to the end of the generation.

cyrribrae

Chicken Chaser
Jan 21, 2019
The reason why there is a lot of Microsoft published stuff at this years E3 is because they need to showcase that their studio acquisitions are prepping for next gen and doing work.

3rd party while that stuff is exciting don't get me wrong. I don't believe they are as important 1st party in their current situation. They had a good 3rd party show last year with 1st party being the big show with studio acquisitions.

This time it will be big for 1st party games I personally think with a slew of good 3rd party announcements.

Its impossible to predict everything 100% and just because I gave my predictions does NOT mean they will all happen. You have to realize I am an person just like you. I might have more insight than other people but that doesn't always guarantee everything. Long story short, take everything you read on the internet with a grain of salt.

If you want to believe it then go ahead. You don't then don't. But don't get upset if not everything lines up.
Heh not upset, just asking for a tiny bit of clarity. Makes sense if they want to go hard on 1st party. (I do think making sure they have good 3rd party relationships will be very important now and moving forward). But, in general, I've been much more excited about MS's conferences lately because Sony's have felt a little bit too self-absorbed. Earlier in the gen, when they had nothing 1st party to show, Sony was exciting because they were showing the near-future of gaming. Either way, I think it will be good. I won't be too upset either way.

vivftp Thanks for the timestamp. Watching through it, we only got 3 spec stats: 8 CPU cores, >320 GB/s memory bandwidth, 6TF of GPU power. While I suppose that technically counts as a spec reveal... I guess I wouldn't personally be able to divine too much from those and certainly not full specs. Launch Xbox One already had 8 cores, for example. But, point taken you are correct.

Caiops

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

• Project xCloud Talk

Have you heard anything about Capcom making a new Dino Crisis or is it just a bet?

Timppis

Banned
Apr 27, 2018
Ubisoft:
New Assasins Creed
Beyond Good and Evil 2
Mario + Rabbids sequel
New Nintendo/Ubi Crossover/collaboration
For Honor DLC
Division 2 roadmap
New IP
Rayman
Skull & Bones release date (Slips into 2020)

Microsoft:
Halo
Halo spinoff
new RPG from Obsidian
Gamepass, lots of Gamepass
Gears 5
Battletoads
Some sort of collaboration with big N
Revival of Golden Eye or other Rare franchise
Notch gets kicked in the balls midshow, everyone rejoices
Massive amount of smaller and larger new IP's

Nintendo
Smash, because... why?
Animal Crossing
Luigi's Mansion
Astral Chain
Chucklefish Games Witchbrook Exclusive for Switch
Square RPG's, FFVIII FINALLY!
New IP
Splatoon 3
IF Mario Maker 2 isn't out, then a lot of that.
New Zelda or 3D Mario teased
Plethora of 3rd parties

That's it. Great E3

vivftp

Oct 29, 2017
My big prediction is that Sony does a big reveal at a State of Play pre E3 to get people talking.

If TLOU2 or one of the other big 3 is 2019 (which surely one of them is) then it will be revealed around this time. If not I still think we'll get something State of Play between May and June

After my earlier joke post here I gave it more thought and revisited the RuthenicCookie Reddit leak from late last year where he announced Sony bowing out of E3 the day before they announced it. In it he says he's expecting a mid-2019 reveal on par with the initial PS4 reveal. He does also state this could change, but assuming it hasn't I'm actually gonna hope to see something around the time of E3.

I'll be honest. Sony is a very strange company at times. They're hard to crack and hard to approach. Anything related to Sony I usually find out from other people who are closer to them than me.

However with Microsoft it's a lot different. Microsoft is a lot more predictable and they're also more talkative than Sony is, so it's a lot easier to gauge on what they're planning to do.

It also helps that I have very good relations with Microsoft from a Publisher to Media Outlet business side. They're fantastic publisher to work with.

Thank you for your response :) I like to have a sense of where people are coming from when they're discussing and providing info on hotly anticipated things like a next gen console launch.

And I know what you mean about Sony. I worked at Sony of Canada up until 2015 (not PlayStation related) and I remember the last couple of years there after Kaz took over there were numerous communications and reminders regarding discussing confidential information and whatnot. Back then it seemed like Sony was having tons of info across various divisions leak but it looks like those reforms have worked and they've got an extraordinarily tight ship being run now. Heck, I spend a lot of time keeping an eye on their smartphone division and they used to have prototype phones leak in full videos months before an official announcement, now we're lucky to get any real info up until a couple of days before an announcement. Good on them for getting their shit in order at least.

NediarPT88

Oct 29, 2017

• Project xCloud Talk

Anything on Cuphead DLC? I assume it's a lock for this E3 (hopefully). I also hope Ori release date is like super soon.

I wonder if that mech game is the new Armored Core from From Software, we know about it since 2016 so it would be logical.

Camonna Tong

Mar 2, 2018

• Project xCloud Talk

Change some dates and remove some things and I'll definitely agree. I'll copy and update what I think and anything I completely agree with I'll remove. I'll add my own at the end.

• Halo Infinite - Single-player Gameplay Demo - Holiday 2020 (Launch title for the Xbox Scarlet Family)
  • Halo MCC for PC - I don't think anything here unless it's Game Pass ad related.

• Gears Tactics - Short gameplay trailer with 2020 Release Date

• Battletoads - Short gameplay trailer with 2020 Release Date

• No new mech game, but I'm certain one is being made for next-gen (Piranha as dev). MechWarrior 5 may be ported.

• World Premier for Dino Crisis Reboot is very much possible, but I don't think we'll see it yet. If anything, I think Capcom will try to gauge interest in the series first. Onimusha is something I'm certain is coming back.

• Splinter Cell? Very much possible. A lot of conflicting reports on it though.

• No Fable Teaser this year if Playground is still even doing Fable. Job listings make it seem like it might be something completely else (now detailed as "entirely new AAA open-world action / RPG project"). Job listings aren't the only thing possibly suggesting Fable is no longer the game, as certain people have heard the same thing (though they could be feeding false info for all we know). Unless something has changed (or they want to do a hiring call), Ralph has stated we won't hear what the project is for a LONG time.

• Too early for new Rare IP being shown. The game is still VERY early in development, and won't be out for at least a couple more years. They do have another team (beyond SoT) if u recall, but I'm not exactly sure what's going on there. Phil could start announcing games further out in regards to first party soon. Still, a lot of the next-gen games won't be shown until next year at the earliest.

• Definitely new studio acquisitions, and I think I already know which you were talking about. If it's that one, I might know something more by the end of this month (depends on if their update goes through or not).
  • I'll throw this one out - Publisher partnership announcement for Game Pass.
  • Forgot this - Tales of 2019 being announced with a trailer and more information the following weekend at Tales of Festival.

Last edited:

Jimmy1984

Banned
May 19, 2018
In this E3, MS Will probably share many info and updates on PC gaming, new Windows Store and big announcements.

Phil Spencer has been clear about that.
https://www.pcgamer.com/phil-spence...dios-and-its-commitment-to-pc-gaming-in-2019/

So, i can see:
Gear of War tactis
Age of Empires 4 reveal (with 2020 launch) with Relic entertainment's acquisition. Also, Small info on future of this franchise
Halo MCC and Infinite
Geaes of War 5
New Splinter Cell
Watch dogs3
Ninja theory's new game
Small teaser on next PG's game

Last edited:

Jimmy1984

Banned
May 19, 2018
Change some dates and remove some things and I'll definitely agree. I'll copy and update what I think and anything I completely agree with I'll remove. I'll add my own at the end.

• Halo Infinite - Single-player Gameplay Demo - Holiday 2020 (Launch title for the Xbox Scarlet Family)
  • Halo MCC for PC - I don't think anything here unless it's Game Pass ad related.

• Gears Tactics - Short gameplay trailer with 2020 Release Date

• Battletoads - Short gameplay trailer with 2020 Release Date

• No new mech game, but I'm certain one is being made for next-gen (Piranha as dev). MechWarrior 5 may be ported.

• World Premier for Dino Crisis Reboot is very much possible, but I don't think we'll see it yet. If anything, I think Capcom will try to gauge interest in the series first. Onimusha is something I'm certain is coming back.

• Splinter Cell? Very much possible. A lot of conflicting reports on it though.

• No Fable Teaser this year if Playground is still even doing Fable. Job listings make it seem like it might be something completely else (now detailed as "entirely new AAA open-world action / RPG project"). Job listings aren't the only thing possibly suggesting Fable is no longer the game, as certain people have heard the same thing (though they could be feeding false info for all we know). Unless something has changed (or they want to do a hiring call), Ralph has stated we won't hear what the project is for a LONG time.

• Too early for new Rare IP being shown. The game is still VERY early in development, and won't be out for at least a couple more years. They do have another team (beyond SoT) if u recall, but I'm not exactly sure what's going on there. Phil could start announcing games further out in regards to first party soon. Still, a lot of the next-gen games won't be shown until next year at the earliest.

• Definitely new studio acquisitions, and I think I already know which you were talking about. If it's that one, I might know something more by the end of this month (depends on if their update goes through or not).
  • I'll throw this one out - Publisher partnership announcement for Game Pass.

Are talking about Relic?

Carmelozi

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
Didn't we have the same thread last month ahah?

Super late edit : welp I found it was the same thread I posted in the last month D:

Last edited:

Ωλ7XL9

Oct 27, 2017
- Next Xbox Revealed with Full Specs and along with console reveal (Holiday 2019, $499/$559 SKUs).
- Ubisoft's exclusive next gen Xbox game.
- EA's exclusive next gen Xbox game.
-Platinum Games exclusive next gen Xbox game (Scalebound renamed to Rulerbound)
-Capcom's exclusive next gen Xbox game.

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
I've not really got many predictions for this E3, going into it with low expectations and hope something surprising catches my eye. That said, one thing I do look forward to is whatever Capcom's next game will be. Seeing as MS will have a big show again, I assume it'll be shown there like DMC5. I look forward to whatever it ends up being, whether its RE3 REmake, RE8, Dino Crisis, Onimusha... I'll end up buying it either way!

Also, this one is more of a longshot but I think timings about line up - but Sega announcing Yakuza 3-5 localisations. I've been thinking it'll be around/after Judgment and Yakuza 5 launching in Japan. Both those happen at the end of June, along with E3. So it'd hopefully make sense to get some sort of announcement at E3 (we got FOTNS and the PC port announcements last year).

AgonyRon

Nov 27, 2017
Microsoft:

- Game Pass for PC and PC compatibility with Xbox Discs explanation
- Halo MCC update (PC and Xbox One)
- Halo Infinite engine showed with glimpse of MP
- Ori and the Wasp
- Xbox Future (some specs of project Scarlet and when to expect more)
- Battletoads remake
- Something Minecraft
- Fable teaser
- Ninja Gaiden teaser
- Project Gotham Racing 5 surprise
- Indie games
- Shocking Switch connectivity
- Splinter Cell premiere

hmqgg

Nov 1, 2017
Reserved

====

Nah. This is prediction thread, not leak, right?

Tips: Don't mock at SIE for the absence.

====

MS did say they wouldn't have a downgraded E3.

Last edited:

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
Splinter Cell getting rebooted/sequel would be great in theory. I was really disappointed it didn't happen last year but I don't see how they'll do a sequel that manages to also be a big Ubisoft open world/GaaS styled game. Its probably too much to hope for a straight up Chaos Theory styled game with non linear level design (so tackle objectives in a number of different ways). Failing that, just make the first four games BC (if not already, make both the Xbox and 360 versions of Double Agent BC, both were different).

Speaking of BC, Capcom have made a decent chunk of their non ported games BC now, but there's still a few missing. I'd buy an X on the spot if Asura's Wrath gets BC support that fixes that horrid screen tearing. Oh, and Sega - Jet Set Radio Future please...

VN1X

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Microsoft:

- Game Pass for PC and PC compatibility with Xbox Discs explanation
- Halo MCC update (PC and Xbox One)
- Halo Infinite engine showed with glimpse of MP
- Ori and the Wasp
- Xbox Future (some specs of project Scarlet and when to expect more)
- Battletoads remake
- Something Minecraft
- Fable teaser
- Ninja Gaiden teaser
- Project Gotham Racing 5 surprise
- Indie games
- Shocking Switch connectivity
- Splinter Cell premiere
Is Team Ninja big enough for Nioh 2 and a new NG?

JackLinks

Banned
Mar 21, 2019
Microsoft
  1. Xbox two announcement. 400 dollar box and 100 dollar streaming solution.
  2. Amazing first and third party announcements.
  3. Announcement that Nintendo switch will have all of the functionality of the 100 dollar xbox
Nintendo
  1. Announcement of switch revisions
  2. First party blowout which includes
  3. Pikmin 3, new first party indie game and new first party retail game announcement for 2019
  4. Apex legends, overwatch, divinity original sin 2, soul calibur 6 to switch announcements

Tregard

Oct 27, 2017
Xbox:

• "Fable" Reboot
  • Banjo-Threeie (to tie in with their inclusion in Smash)
  • GoldenEye 007 re-release: Cross-play with Switch
  • Fallout: New Vegas 2 "Coming Soon".
  • Bioshock: Negative is set in an underground civilization attempting to burrow to the core of the Earth.
  • Dreamcast BC.
  • Online play is getting phased out of Xbox Live Gold.
  • Killer Instinct Vs. Xbox, features a cast of Microsoft characters. Clippy from MS Office is shown (Xbox One & Xbox 10 crossgen)
  • Ooblets, Buildings Have Feelings Too & Return of the Obra Dinn shown off with ID@Xbox (Xbox One)
  • Skate 4 - Xbox Exclusive in partnership with EA [When announced, Phil Spencer will return to the stage on a skateboard, v. important].
  • "No One Lives Forever" reboot
  • 1 Vs 100 returning, exclusive to Game Pass. More event-style Game Pass games to come.
  • Humble Bundle support for ID@Xbox titles.
  • Super Monkey Ball 3 revealed
  • Minecraft Dungeons shown off
  • New system is called 'Xbox 10'

Sawzer

Nov 5, 2017

[*]World Premier for Dino Crisis Reboot for 2020.
Pretty sure Zhuge said something about Dino Crisis in 2019 in reply to Jawmucher's post. Interesting.

As well wondering if From Software, Koei Tecmo, Square with FF7R or Avengers, WB Games with a DC game could show up. Who knows, maybe even Dead Island 2 will reveal itself again..

Last edited:

Bradbatross

Mar 17, 2018

• Project xCloud Talk

Well this would make an amazing conference.

Status
Not open for further replies.