• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Rösti

Oct 25, 2017
Disclaimer: The information below concerning E3 2020 is preliminary and may change at any time without prior notice.

Disclaimer: Due to the current status (demo/testing) of these sites I will not provide direct links to them as an effort to prevent unnecessary loads, but will provide links to a mod if requested.

header20xojfn.png

On Thursday, October 10, 2019, testing of certain registration systems (handled by CompuSystems) for E3 2020 began. Currently systems for registration of attendees (gamers), press and exhibitors exist but at least for the first category registration is currently inactive. Registration for E3 2019 opened on February 12, 2019. If registration for E3 2020 will open early next year I do not know, but it would not be surprising. Anyhow, this is the frontpage of the registration system:

eee20_frontpagetwje7.png

The site is much a work in progress and features inaccurate links and a countdown to some other show. The FAQ also appears inaccurate and seems to be something copied from another show. As you can see, three elements concerning Industry, Exhibitors and Media respectively are shown. Clicking the first button takes you to a basic information input screen and then the following:

eee20_passeszjkr3.png

Prices ranging from $60 - £995 depending on the extent of the pass. New for 2020 are the 1-day and 2-day gamer passes.

You will also be able to gift a pass, like in 2019:

eee20_giftqlkhy.png

And something I think a lot of people will appreciate: You will be able to opt-out from being included in the infamous media list. That's my take on it nonetheless.

eee20_mediax7jhf.png

This is from the media registration process.

Also, the media requirements for this year:

eee20_requirementsv0kig.png

And lastly, some information on what demographics you can choose interest in is given if you click the "back" button on one of the pages. Nothing too interesting but I figured it was worthy a mention:

eee20_demographic4ijgk.png

Again, this information is preliminary and E3 2020 does not happen until June 2020 so much can happen until then. But as this provides a lesser glimpse into some of the details of a show bound to see some major changes this year, I figured it was worthy the limelight. I will update this story if new information emerges shortly.

jelly

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Going to be a good one unless platform holders do next gen reveals themselves.

est1992

Oct 27, 2017
I've lived in LA my whole life and never been to an E3. This may be the year that changes...

Droidian

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Dec 28, 2017
I've lived in LA my whole life and never been to an E3. This may be the year that changes...

Oh yeah at least go ONCE in your life especially since you live here.
$60 for a single day is new right?
I used to buy a 3 day pass, go for a day or 2 and sell it by the 3rd day for half the cost or less. I'll be able to just buy myself a day now, much better for me.

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
how much do you pay to get extra advertising while standing in line

Feep

Lead Designer, Iridium Studios
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
So, wait. Are industry professionals not going to get a free badge this year, then?

Josh5890

I'm Your Favorite Poster's Favorite Poster
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Next gen baby! Its 2013 all over again

Cheezeman3000

One Winged Slayer
Jan 5, 2018
Sometimes E3 sucks. Sometimes you get to play FFVII Remake before most everyone else. Overall, worth.

est1992

Oct 27, 2017
Oh yeah at least go ONCE in your life especially since you live here.
$60 for a single day is new right?
I used to buy a 3 day pass, go for a day or 2 and sell it by the 3rd day for half the cost or less. I'll be able to just buy myself a day now, much better for me.
Yeah I'm thinking about doing the one day pass. I talked to a guy who went this year with his brother, and he just seemed miserable lol Kept talking about the long wait lines and whatnot, and it just didn't seem like the glamorous experience that it looks like from the outside. I'm guessing that was also due in part to the lack of Sony and just overall huge announcements and presence this year.

dallow_bg

Oct 28, 2017
texas
Yeah I'm thinking about doing the one day pass. I talked to a guy who went this year with his brother, and he just seemed miserable lol Kept talking about the long wait lines and whatnot, and it just didn't seem like the glamorous experience that it looks like from the outside. I'm guessing that was also due in part to the lack of Sony and just overall huge announcements and presence this year.
It's pretty lame tbh. You'll hardly play anything notable.

Plotinus

Oct 30, 2017
Wait, why does the the media list still exist at all? If you check the wrong box you get doxxed? Lol.

Droidian

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Dec 28, 2017

It's true which is why one day is enough. Just imagine going to Disneyland on the busiest day 3 days in a row. Not fun, so I just go for what i want to experience most and that's it.

Castform

Banned
Jan 10, 2018
Florida, United States
I love that they're allowing people to opt-out of the media list. After all, even though there is no possibility of this backfiring and doxxing professionals in a field that has been the subject of online harassment campaigns, the option sure is nice.

OP
OP
Rösti

Rösti

Oct 25, 2017
So, wait. Are industry professionals not going to get a free badge this year, then?
New information was added recently on this subject (the FAQ was updated). The Industry Badge will be complimentary for qualified industry professionals, and will be available until April 23, 2020.

Feb 24, 2018
How much does it cost to have my information stored securely and safely?

After that and that leaked document (plus all the other stuff ESA has done), I wouldn't want to go anywhere near E3 and I'd be especially weary if I were press or a Video Entertainer after this year. Really be surprised if any of the affected people go next year.

Plus from that leaked document, it doesn't sound that fun to begin with. At least my local con had YGO card game tournaments and star wars shaped fudge.

LoneWolfHunter

Banned for abusing Giftbot
Banned
Aug 27, 2019
I'm guessing Gamer passes don't give you access to the Press Conferences right? That's all for Industry People right?