• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

eso76

Prophet of Truth
Dec 8, 2017
Excited about the improved stealth and ai.
Sounds like stuff I've always wanted in my stealth games, but those have gone extinct so leave it to ND to push things.

Betty

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Sounds incredible, the enemy AI was particularly impressive and these details make it sound even better.

Wollan

Mostly Positive
Oct 25, 2017
Norway but living in France
That's a lot of hard earned improvements.
Seamless & believable animation blending, IK and contextual awareness are probably the most challenging frontiers in game development.

demosthenes

Oct 25, 2017
I don't think he'll be dead until Ellie kills him at the end of the game.

We've seen him in a trailer. He's not dead lol.

Also, I don't think she will kill him. I think that at the end of the last of us, she knows he's lying and their relationship grows strained and they just grow apart. They're allies but not friends.

Dragon1893

Oct 25, 2017
Everything on that list sounds awesome. Love the focus on improving the AI and the introduction of a dodge button.

2 timelines reinforces the theory that we also play as Ellie's mother in the past. Vegetation not making you automatically invisible is something I've been hoping would be introduced.

Deleted member 12833

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
i love tomb raider but man it looked last gen as fuck compared to TLOU 2. both in terms of graphics and gameplay.

If i were them i would be upset too. ND is just working on a completely different level and crystal dynamics and now eidos montreal just cant keep up.
Must feel bad to keep imitating a competitor that continues to be leaps ahead of you with every showing

AegonSnake

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
And it also reinforces the comparisons between this game and The Godfather Part II. Which, if Naughty Dog follows through on, means Ellie ends this game in a very dark place.

TepidSnappyEwe-max-1mb.gif

Must feel bad to keep A imitating a competitor they continues to be leaps ahead of you with every showing
I mean every studio has its strengths. For CD it was always puzzles and exploration. Uncharted was all about action setpieces and combat, and until The Lost Legacy hit, it had some extremely mediocre puzzles especially when compared to the Tomb Raider reboot.

I really liked Rise, and I was hoping CD would take the action setpieces to the next level but with Eidos Montreal taking it over, i guess they had to settle for just doing more of the same.

LifeLine

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Joel becomes dead-er everytime they show or talk more about the game. At least there'll be Flashback Joel.

Deleted member 7051

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Interesting... I really wonder why they're hiding Joel. It doesn't sound like he's AWOL, the guy in the demo mentions something about Joel giving him a hard time. Maybe he's far more bitter or the relationship with Joel and Ellie is in turmoil.

Not necessarily. They said "the Church scene is set 4 years after the events of TLOU in Jackson, the gameplay demo is set 5 years after".

Given that the first game spanned about a year, it's probably safe to assume the sequel will too. That means the gameplay segment we saw could have been from quite late in the game itself.

Personally I think Ellie's segment of the game is set during whatever shit goes down during her patrol and the subsequent journey for revenge that she goes on. What if these Seraphites attack Tommy's camp while Ellie is on patrol and she returns to find everyone dead, including Joel?

Killing all the people Ellie has come to care for sure would be one way to bring out the woman everyone should be terrified of. Even if Joel is later revealed to have survived, which is a very Joel thing to expect, there's still everyone else to avenge.

Omnistalgic

self-requested temp ban
Oct 27, 2017
NJ
Put some MGSV mechanics in my TLOU?? Yeah...gonna me awesome

Can we crouch through the whole game? I hope they really open up the mechanics so we can be creative and have more agency with controls. Don't give me that I can only crouch in crouch sections stuff ND

Riderz1337

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Crouching and jumping is awesome.

Also I really did notice the small detail of the AI calling each other by name. Really small detail but it's well done. Hopefully they add a few more character models, I saw the same female like 4 times in the span of 30 seconds

Oct 27, 2017
Seems like this'll be similar to the release of the first, released at the end of the gen. Hopefully theyre making the PS5 version alongside.

OP
OP
nib95

nib95

Contains No Misinformation on Philly Cheesesteaks
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
OP updated to include a direct link to a video of the discussion.

Pariah

Oct 29, 2017
The whistling system is something I'd consider close to revolutionary. It's the kind of elegant, realistic solution nobody had figured out yet, and opens a whole field of possibilities. Gone are the days of radio calls and hostiles walking silently.

Besides the dodging options, I'm also intrigued by the rest of the moveset, laying prone especially. It adds a new layer for stealth that would put your control over the character at a level only reached in MGS.

Buddeh

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It was my understanding the two timelines were for the demo, with small hints from Neil that the game might expand it even further.

a916

Oct 25, 2017
Don't need to follow anymore media that get's released after this.. don't need to see any more, want to go in dark so I can enjoy it completely unaware.

All this stuff sounds amazing.

Wollan

Mostly Positive
Oct 25, 2017
Norway but living in France
Was there any indication given on how far they are along in development?
It very much sounds like 2020 at this point. To me it sounds like this will become Sony's 'Zelda: BOTW' cross-platform PS5 launch day title.

Word by word Neil's comment on release date:
"So... we are going to disappoint people.
We have learned our lesson. We are not going to say the release date before we are very close to release....
So... we're not very close to release is the only thing I'm going to say."

Last edited: