• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Dancrane212

Oct 25, 2017
I previously wrote a goofily long thread about the demo for Phantom Brigade at PAX East this year, but this trailer does a much better job summarising what makes the game so fascinating and is worth highlighting on its own.

The trailer was released during the official E3 Twitch stream which was followed by a gameplay demo. Will update once the VOD is up.

There is also a Gamesbeat preview from E3: https://venturebeat.com/2019/06/12/...ver-blend-of-turn-based-and-real-time-combat/
I really enjoyed this game, and it felt like it was a triple-A experience, even though it was made by an indie game studio.

Launch plans for the game came out a couple days ago too. It will be exclusive to the Epic store for the early access period (starting in 2020, lasting for 1 year) but the full launch will be on both the Epic Store and Steam.

Today we're announcing that our upcoming title Phantom Brigade will launch as Early Access first on the Epic Games Store.

As with our previous announcement for Industries of Titan, Phantom Brigade will be on the Epic Store for one year as Early Access. After that, we'll launch a full 1.0 release on both the Epic Games Store and Steam.

Launching this way with two stages gives us the opportunity to spend more time perfecting the details of the game, and making sure that we can do the full launch with the strongest product possible. We really love how Phantom Brigade is looking right now, and we can't wait to show you more in the coming months. And if you're excited to see it, don't worry! We'll have a new game play video for you in the coming days.

Keep an eye on the Brace Yourself Games & Phantom Brigade Twitter accounts for more updates and release info in the future!

ara

Oct 26, 2017
I absolutely love the paused planning -> real-time simultaneous execution loop, really hope they'll nail it.

ShadowAUS

Feb 20, 2019
Australia
Huh, had never heard of this before which is odd for me when a game looks this much up my alley. That trailer looked great, I hope they can stick the landing on this. This older teaser trailer also is pretty hype it makes me pretty interested to learn more about the lore and world.

OP
OP
Dancrane212

Dancrane212

Oct 25, 2017
Huh, had never heard of this before which is odd for me when a game looks this much up my alley. That trailer looked great, I hope they can stick the landing on this. This older teaser trailer also is pretty hype it makes me pretty interested to learn more about the lore and world.

The game went dark for a while as the studio was merged/acquired into Brace Yourself Games and the combat was retooled from turn based into this new system. It was easy for it to fly under the radar.

OP
OP
Dancrane212

Dancrane212

Oct 25, 2017
Kotaku preview: https://kotaku.com/phantom-brigade-is-a-mech-strategy-game-where-you-can-s-1835525505

Phantom Brigade is about a year out at this point, and there's still a lot of work to be done. However, as an enormous fan of XCOM, mechs, and Shadow of Mordor, I'd be lying if I said I wasn't already dangerously close to core-reactor-meltdown levels of excitement. I went into the demo with zero expectations and came out with a new addition to my list of most anticipated games. If you have my exact taste in video games—or if you just like turn-based strategy games—this is one to watch, for sure.

Great to hear the nemesis system is still planned.

Protome

Oct 27, 2017
Looks great. I remember Waypoint talking about this at another recent event (PAX probably?) but no gameplay footage came out of that event which was a bummer because it sounded so cool.

Lobster Roll

signature-less, now and forever
Sep 24, 2019
Game looks really cool. It's on Epic for a year though, right? Is a release date set yet?