• Introducing Image Options for ResetEra 2.0! Check the left side navigation bar to show or hide images, avatars, covers, and embedded media. More details at the link.
  • Community Spotlight sign-ups are open once again for both Gaming and EtcetEra Hangout threads! If you want to shine a spotlight on your community, please register now.

E3 PC Gaming Show 2019 is being sponsored by Epic (See EGS Guidelines)

Ge0force

Self-requested ban.
Oct 28, 2017
Belgium
To no one's surprise:

"The Epic Games Store headlines this year’s lineup as a sponsor, and will reveal “brand new material for several games, including some exclusives, coming to the Epic Games store.”

Other studios confirmed today include Annapurna Interactive, Chucklefish, Digital Extremes, Digital Uppercut, E-WIN, Fatshark, Fellow Traveller, Frontier Developments, Funcom, Modus Games, Paradox Interactive, Perfect World Entertainment, Raw Fury, Rebellion, Re-Logic, and Tripwire Interactive.

Source

Oct 25, 2017
Man PC Gaming Show is always a cozy time far from the madness of other conferences. If we start adding exclusive deals and drama to it it's going to get worse. But I guess it's the PC gaming world we live in now.

Oct 25, 2017
That's a skip from me chief. I was annoyed enough already when AMD was sponsoring and taking up time. Can't imagine this will be any better to sit through.
Same here.

I mean, who even needs Hard Drive or Onion Games Network when the industry itself trips over their feet and falls down the stairs. For almost half a year, PC Era have been joking that the PC Gamer show would be sponsored in some way by Epic Games and their store. I mean, we shouldn't be shocked by this announcement but yet at least a little part of us were by how blatant this is.

Now imagine if Valve did this.

I still dont get the issue of games being exclusives to EGS? I consider it like a netflix vs amazon sort of thing.
Me neither. Would sincerely like to read a detailed list of reasons from someone who can rationally explain their hatred for EGS. For example: It currently lacks features. This is true but can be fixed. Otherwise, as much as I like collecting games into one launcher I do not understand the allegiance to Steam.