• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Ge0force

Self-requested ban.
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Belgium
To no one's surprise:

PC-Gaming-Show_05-14-19.jpg

"The Epic Games Store headlines this year's lineup as a sponsor, and will reveal "brand new material for several games, including some exclusives, coming to the Epic Games store."

Other studios confirmed today include Annapurna Interactive, Chucklefish, Digital Extremes, Digital Uppercut, E-WIN, Fatshark, Fellow Traveller, Frontier Developments, Funcom, Modus Games, Paradox Interactive, Perfect World Entertainment, Raw Fury, Rebellion, Re-Logic, and Tripwire Interactive.

Source

Charamiwa

Oct 25, 2017
Man PC Gaming Show is always a cozy time far from the madness of other conferences. If we start adding exclusive deals and drama to it it's going to get worse. But I guess it's the PC gaming world we live in now.

Hektor

Community Resettler
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Deutschland
How much do we bet that the show will go full console and actively withhold mentions of steam or other stores for non-exclusive games

OP
OP
Ge0force

Ge0force

Self-requested ban.
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Belgium
I guess this also explains PC Gamers' constant shilling for Epic and downplaying people's concerns.

Kerotan

Banned
Oct 31, 2018
They are taking over. Hitting the market from every angle. Definitely going to go HAM at this E3. Expect lots more exclusive announcements.

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
That's a skip from me chief. I was annoyed enough already when AMD was sponsoring and taking up time. Can't imagine this will be any better to sit through.

Danteyke223

Banned
Oct 24, 2018
I still dont get the issue of games being exclusives to EGS? I consider it like a netflix vs amazon sort of thing.

May 17, 2018
Well, at this point, I just hope they announce improvements to their store. Just make it a better platform and I'll support it.

Quintus

Enlightened
Oct 26, 2017
I called it Epic will a have press conference, but couldn't predict it would be this soon.

Hektor

Community Resettler
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Deutschland
As a side note: would it still be considered "vilifying games media" if people accuse Pc gamer of getting paid by epic? 🤔

ramoisdead

Oct 25, 2017
That's a skip from me chief. I was annoyed enough already when AMD was sponsoring and taking up time. Can't imagine this will be any better to sit through.

Same here.

I mean, who even needs Hard Drive or Onion Games Network when the industry itself trips over their feet and falls down the stairs. For almost half a year, PC Era have been joking that the PC Gamer show would be sponsored in some way by Epic Games and their store. I mean, we shouldn't be shocked by this announcement but yet at least a little part of us were by how blatant this is.

Now imagine if Valve did this.

Mentalist

Mar 14, 2019
Surprising no one.
I'm betting 40% of titles will be EGS exclusives.

And no Sega? That's disappointing. Is the age of Best of Japan ports coming to an end?

GhostBanana

Mar 18, 2019
Hamburg
I still dont get the issue of games being exclusives to EGS? I consider it like a netflix vs amazon sort of thing.

Me neither. Would sincerely like to read a detailed list of reasons from someone who can rationally explain their hatred for EGS. For example: It currently lacks features. This is true but can be fixed. Otherwise, as much as I like collecting games into one launcher I do not understand the allegiance to Steam.

abracadaver

Banned
Nov 30, 2017
Last years E3 PC show was pretty good. EGS wasn't a thing back then.

Some of the games that were announced at last years show ended up being EGS exclusive though (Satisfactory, Maneater)