• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

bmdubya

Nov 1, 2017
Colorado
I still dont get the issue of games being exclusives to EGS? I consider it like a netflix vs amazon sort of thing.
People have their preference on which storefront they buy games. But there are more issues with EGS than "just another launcher," like how games are becoming more expensive due to the lack of third party stores that carry Epic keys, or how consumers pay for processing fees outside of the US, where Valve pays for that fee. This makes games more expensive in areas outside of the US.

As been stated multiple times by the PC gaming community on this site, if Epic was funding the development of these games and they were first party, then it wouldn't be that big of a deal. But third party games being exclusive to one store is where the issue lies for a lot of us. Plenty of us buy games from EA on Orign, or games from Ubisoft on Uplay. The issue isn't "another launcher."
Me neither. Would sincerely like to read a detailed list of reasons from someone who can rationally explain their hatred for EGS. For example: It currently lacks features. This is true but can be fixed. Otherwise, as much as I like collecting games into one launcher I do not understand the allegiance to Steam.
This gets brought up all the time, and it's not an allegiance to Steam. I own games in so many different launchers, and the reason for that is because I buy games where I find the best price. With Valve allowing free key generation, it usually means I redeem my games through Steam. Also, see my comments above about games becoming more expensive due to the Epic Games Store.

OP
OP
Ge0force

Ge0force

Self-requested ban.
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Belgium
Me neither. Would sincerely like to read a detailed list of reasons from someone who can rationally explain their hatred for EGS. For example: It currently lacks features. This is true but can be fixed. Otherwise, as much as I like collecting games into one launcher I do not understand the allegiance to Steam.

There is no allegiance to Steam. PC gamers just don't want moneyhats and exclusivity deals for 3rd party games to be the norm for pc gaming. It leads to less options, less pro-consumer features and higher prices.

sora87

Oct 27, 2017
I really don't wanna support their bullshit but i can only imagine what twitch chat will be like during this..

bluexy

Comics Enabler & Freelance Games Journalist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
PC Gaming Show has always been pretty rough, but there's always one or a few announcements worth tuning in for. Should be interesting.

I'd die laughing if Tim Sweeney came on stage at the end of the show for a big announcement, "Thank you all for being patient. Let me introduce you what you've all been waiting for... shopping carts."

Last edited:

wiggler

Oct 27, 2017
Sounds like they'll have a much bigger budget, which is dope. Can't wait to see how it turns out!

I thought last year's show was scrappy but pretty good. Time to pump up that P R O D U C T I O N.

abracadaver

Banned
Nov 30, 2017
Looking at the participants I am sure that Trine 4 and Witchfire will end up as EGS exclusives (and some more of course)

Deleted member 32374

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 10, 2017
Whatevers.

PC gaming is more than Epic Games Store and PC Gamer. Just plastering PC gaming all over your shit doesn't make it the case lol. EGS has less than 50 games on its store. They get Borderlands 3, big whoop, Steam gets Halo.

Alexandros

Oct 26, 2017
They better select the audience for this event very carefully, otherwise the videos with all the boos will achieve meme status overnight.

pswii60

Oct 27, 2017
The Milky Way
I really hope Epic is investing in "first party" content for their store (that isn't Fortnite). And yes, I mean a new, proper instalment of Unreal Tournament. And Jazz Jackrabbit and Epic Pinball, obviously.

Firima

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, sure. You're all "skipping" the PC game show haha

In any case, it's not like the console/publisher shows don't get the exclusive reveals, anyway, so we won't be missing much.

Deleted member 10737

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I really hope Epic is investing in "first party" content for their store (that isn't Fortnite). And yes, I mean a new, proper instalment of Unreal Tournament. And Jazz Jackrabbit and Epic Pinball, obviously.
eh not gonna happen imo. why bother? they're already swimming in UE4 and fortnite money, and getting exclusives (timed or not) on EGS. first party games won't add much to their business.

ramoisdead

Oct 25, 2017
I still dont get the issue of games being exclusives to EGS? I consider it like a netflix vs amazon sort of thing.

Yes, years ago Netflix and Amazon had a robust amount of content among the both so no one minded. Fast forward to now, there are 15 or so different streaming services where now content is divided up more than ever.

Nobody in the PC gaming landscape wants this however it's been happening lately with publishers opting for their own launcher and now Epic Games snatching up 3rd party games for their store. No longer is content distributed throughout all services.

Einbroch

Oct 25, 2017
The Amazon/Netflix metaphor is a horrible one because you have to pay for those services.

Dest

Has seen more 10s than EA ever will
Coward
Jun 4, 2018
Work
This is fucking funny. Next up: people boycotting Unreal Engine games.
Yeah a platform with poor security, lacking features run by a company that could give a fuck less about their employees and customers is hilarious.

But we've been over this time and time again.

Sailent

Mar 2, 2018
So instead of taking the time to research, read some of the countless posts on this site explaining why, including in this very thread, or do some critical thinking on your own, you just jump to insults?

Nice.

I don't consider "drama queen" an insult, I consider myself one, not for this matter tho.

I've seen countless threads of "unfair competition", and other stuff the Epic store does. But I don't seem to care for it. It's not like you have to pay a subscription to use it or something. It's just another launcher, like the other countless launchers already on PC.

It just doesn't bother me as a consumer.

So enlighten me why should I "fight" against and throw shit at the Epic Store.