• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

E3 Question: Who is your favourite keynote speaker?

• Phil Spencer

Votes: 40 18.3%
  • Shawn Layden

Votes: 14 6.4%
  • Phil Harrison

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • Reggie Fils-Aimé

Votes: 58 26.6%
  • Kaz Hirai

Votes: 13 6.0%
  • Keanu Reeves

Votes: 57 26.1%
  • Other

Votes: 35 16.1%

• Total voters

Pancracio17

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
I think that of the ones that regularly present E3s and are still active Phil Spencer is the best. I cant think of any real problem with him except that he speaks too slowly but thats a general E3 theme.

iareharSon

Oct 30, 2017
I don't think any of the big three have a gifted orator at the moment.

Whenever they do a proper reveal for their next console, Microsoft should put Panos Panay. That dude lowkey makes electronics sound like a sexual experience.

Ruruja

Oct 25, 2017
Although he wasn't really a speaker. I thought Neal Pabon who talked through the FF7: Remake combat footage was very good.

Oct 25, 2017
Cincinnati
Lol, I think devs work hard enough to be allowed a little spotlight to introduce the game they've spent years working on.

No, you're right and that is fine, I don't need them to but I am fine with them doing it, I get it, they want to share what they have been doing and it's probably a really exciting time for them so it is all good. I guess I am more talking about a "Host" position anyway now that I think about it. I liked Aisha for example as she was entertaining but Ubi still had dev's come out and talk about the games at least usually.

Klaphat

Banned
Dec 18, 2017
I think Phil Spencer is by far the best. You can see that he loves games and he always seems to be in a good mood. He also manage to both come off as someone who is just a regular guy you would like to play games with and the boss off Xbox. Lots of other speakers comes off as one or the other, but Phil manage to do both. The way he talks is both really casual and precise at the same time and he never comes off as being wooden or nervous. He is a very natural speaker.

As someone who has struggled and spent a lot of time learning how to speak to a big audience i wish i was as good as Phil.

dat boi

Oct 28, 2017
Reggie is extremely well-spoken but most of the time, he wasn't saying anything of substance (not his fault though).

I've always found Mark Cerny really pleasing as a speaker because he's so damn smart.

vrcsix

Oct 29, 2017
Since we're counting Reggie then Reggie. Otherwise Phil Spencer. Shawn Layden has the charisma of a wet paper bag. Jack Tretton is one of my past favorites, but he was also a major shit-talker.

Jury's out on Doug Bowser.