• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

NeptunePirate

Nov 1, 2017
I know that that EA Play/Access was joining the Game Pass on November 10th. I haven't been a subscriber for a few months and just noticed that it's no longer listed under the "Available Subscriptions" tag on my Xbox. I was able to download Black and Dead Space, then boot them up without any trouble. Can anyone else confirm all of this?

OP
OP
NeptunePirate

NeptunePirate

Nov 1, 2017
Are you part of the Xbox Insider program?
I never thought about that. I'm not too sure if I am. I haven't done anything Insider related in a long time. I don't do any of the firmware betas or anything. I'll have to check,

EDIT: It looks like I am apart of the Insider program. I guess that has to do with it then. Cool either way I guess, lol.

Dec 22, 2017
I don't have EA Play on my account, and I was able to download Dante's Inferno, but it says preload. Maybe they're allowing people to download the games in advance?

Kromis

Oct 29, 2017
SoCal
Still very curious how this will happen on PC.
It's probably one of those integrations on the Xbox app like how you can link your Discord and Twitch. You'd probably still use the Xbox app interface to download the games too now that EA no longer requires you to run the full Origin app to play their games on Steam.

Gorion's Ward

Apr 6, 2019
Israel <3
I just got "Install, Included with EA Play" on NFS Heat so I'm downloading rn. Doesn't say preload. Hopefully it'll launch. I'm an insider too.

Big_Salad

Jul 10, 2020
Insider as well, was able to download Black and a few others. When trying to play it says I'm too early.

IneptEMP

Jan 14, 2019
EA Play is currently already implemented into Game Pass in some fashion.

I have Game Pass Ultimate and don't have EA Play, yet I checked the Apex Legends store (on Xbox) today and I saw that there was a discount for the in-game currency, with the EA Play logo at the bottom of the screen.

TheKeyPit

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Germany
I'm currently downloading Battlefield 4. I don't own it. Seems like EA Play is already included here.

Edit: Download is possible, but can't launch the game yet.

Last edited:

arsene_P5

Prophet of Regret
Apr 17, 2020
I don't have EA Play on my account, and I was able to download Dante's Inferno, but it says preload. Maybe they're allowing people to download the games in advance?
Yeah you can start downloading games but it's not unlocked
You can preload everything on Xbox now without purchasing a game. This even benefits the consumers, who purchase a disc version, because you can now preload everything and then at launch put in the disc and start playing right away instead of installing games.

Last edited:

Irrotational

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Via the Xbox mobile app. That's currently the only way iirc.
Reads reply
Loads xbox app
Gets distracted by all the new things in the app
Horrified by bad search algorithms
Finds "pre load without owning button"

Huh, got it, thanks! It seems strange hat the xbox app doesn't have a "browse store" section but it looks cool anyway.

arsene_P5

Prophet of Regret
Apr 17, 2020
Huh, got it, thanks! It seems strange hat the xbox app doesn't have a "browse store" section but it looks cool anyway
The new design language is cool and they added some cool functions. But I think they should've waited with the release of the app, because it feels lackluster due to many features missing imo.

IneptEMP

Jan 14, 2019
Didn't know what thread to post this in but looks like the EA Play games are unlocked. Just started up Fe

Irrotational

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah I can see them all in the recently added section of the Gamepass app, so assume they're unlocked now, as is tetris effect and planet coaster.

I'm in the UK though so I don't know if it was midnight gmt for everyone or just us.

OscarK

Developer at Xbox
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Xbox employee here!

EA Play has just been enabled with Game Pass Ultimate on the console, so go enjoy the games and have fun :)