• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

modiz

Oct 8, 2018
https://www.reddit.com/r/PS4/comments/b2l206/image_ea_access_web_source_code_hides_ps4_and_psn/

5w0qrz0mqwm21.jpg

Here is the link so you can see it for yourself: https://www.ea.com/pt-br/ea-access?eaaccess-modal=true

These two lines say:
Sign in from your PlayStation 4 and link your EA account
You need to sign in with your PSN account in order to buy a EA Access subscription

So i guess it really is happening. EA did hint at a new platform getting EA Access this year, which will be a very interesting decision from Sony in my opinion

Vaco6121

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Near Rochester, MN

Vex

Oct 25, 2017

BGA

Oct 26, 2017
I always wanted to try this out and hopefully it's confirmed coming to PS4.

big_z

Nov 2, 2017
ea ties platform ids across origin accounts. it makes sense to use one universal log in but have the ps4 disabled on the access portion instead of creating specific pages for sony users. Unless the site was recently updated and someone has proof of the ps4 portion being added I don't think this is evidence of the service coming to sony platforms.

Deleted member 20297

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Oh the horror, more options! I will sub immediately, the protection reasoning was always bull and people were even defending it back then.

Volkama

Oct 30, 2017
I don't mind another subscription service, but EA Access is a weak offer for me. If you remove all the games of the last generation, there will be 42 games of which there 3 UFC, 4 FIFA, 5 NFL, 4 NBA, 3 NHL.
I would be happy to subscribe to such a service from Ubisoft though.

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I've had EA Access continously since I bought the Xbox One. Gave me so many hours of fun that I can't really think of not owning it. PS4 owners are in for a treat.

[Sigma]

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Good for PS4 owners I guess but I won't subscribe because its EA and I think they are trash. The only game I still like that they make is Battlefield. And the games that I do want they don't make anymore and even if they did, id be afraid they would suck now because of said company.

RestEerie

Banned
Aug 20, 2018
what's the value other than EA giving you a way to pay them money to

A) play old outdated games
B) early access of broken beta pre-release games

Yaqza

Oct 27, 2017
EA Access on Xbox also offers BC 360 games right?

Will probably seem like EA Access on PS4 will be the weakest version.
Exactly. It makes sense on Xbox thanks to all the X360 games. But on PS4? Most of this offer consists of consecutive FIFA, Madden, NHL and NBA iterations. Calling this catalogue "lackluster" would be too generous.

Deleted member 4247

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
What does EA actually have these days? I'm trying to think why I'd want this. Sports games and BF? No thanks.

bombshell

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Denmark
Exactly. It makes sense on Xbox thanks to all the X360 games. But on PS4? Most of this offer consists of consecutive FIFA, Madden, NHL and NBA iterations. Calling this catalogue "lackluster" would be too generous.
  • Battlefield 4 (PS3)
  • Dead Space 3 (PS3)
  • Mirror's Edge (PS3)
  • Battlefield Hardline
  • Need for Speed Rivals
These were added to PS Now in the last two months. Assuming an EA Access subscription on PS4 would give access to these through Now as part of the EA Access vault, then it would not just be FIFA, Madden, NHL and NBA games. They might have even more PS3 games prepared for additions soon.

Yaqza

Oct 27, 2017
  • Battlefield 4 (PS3)
  • Dead Space 3 (PS3)
  • Mirror's Edge (PS3)
  • Battlefield Hardline
  • Need for Speed Rivals
These were added to PS Now in the last two months. Assuming an EA Access subscription on PS4 would give access to these through Now as part of the EA Access vault, then it would not just be FIFA, Madden, NHL and NBA games. They might have even more PS3 games prepared for additions soon.

We don't know whether PS Now games will be included - why would they? And even if they do - and that's a big IF - I won't be able to access them in my country (Poland), because we don't have Now. Without those last-gen games EA's offer is simply bad.

bombshell

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Denmark
What does EA actually have these days? I'm trying to think why I'd want this. Sports games and BF? No thanks.
The current vault games on Xbox One: https://www.ea.com/en-gb/ea-access/games
Sports games and Battlefield? Sure.

Then also: Unravel 1+2, Mirror's Edge+Catalyst, Mass Effect whole series including Andromeda, Dragon Age whole series including Inquisition, Dead Space whole series, Fe, Burnout Paradise remaster, Need For Speed games, Garden Warfare 1+2, Titanfall 1+2, etc.

We don't know whether PS Now games will be included - why would they? And even if they do - and that's a big IF - I won't be able to access them in my country (Poland), because we don't have Now. Without those last-gen games EA's offer is simply bad.
True, that's why I said "assuming". Why they would be included? To match the vault value on Xbox.

Nightengale

Oct 26, 2017
Malaysia
There is no "need" for EA to match the software library value of EAA on PS4 just because XB1's library is richer due to BC.

The onus is on Sony to provide the backward compatibility to offer the same level of library, not EA to match the value just because the Xbox console by default has access to older library of games.

I expect EAA on PS4 to be just the PS4 games natively available on the console and won't have any PSnow or previous gen titles.

gofreak

Oct 26, 2017
i can see some sort of PSNow integration that you could play a select list of the PSNow library that is also included in the EA Access library.

It's 'funny' because the last PSNow update was EA heavy.

I'm not sure I'd read much into that in terms of integration between the two services, but it may have been part of business terms between Sony and EA that they would bring EA content to Now also. Sony was possibly antsy about separate publisher subs diminishing the Now offering so I guess they came to some understanding as part of the EA Access agreement, and that means more EA content on PSNow.

I highly, highly doubt a EA sub will give you PSNow access to EA games on that service.

bugulu

Oct 25, 2017
This sounds lovely. As someone living in Sweden, we just recently got access to PS Now and with EA Access hopefully on its way, I'm gonna have a great deal of gaming time ahead of me. I wonder if we'll have to buy EA Access for Playstation if we already have it for PC though. Hopefully not.

OP
OP
modiz

modiz

Oct 8, 2018
It's 'funny' because the last PSNow update was EA heavy.

I'm not sure I'd read much into that in terms of integration between the two services, but it may have been part of business terms between Sony and EA that they would bring EA content to Now also.
tbh i think about it even bigger. Imagine this: what if sony overhaul's PSNow, so that in the future it will offer smaller subscription packs like EA Access pack and other unannounced subscription services from the publishers, that each would cost, say, 5$ a month, where you get access to their PSNow games + the PS4 games that they allow on the service. if you buy a smaller pack you are still requried to purchase Plus to play online, while subscribing to the full PSNow library will bring you all these subscription packs and plus subscription all together. this could be something like game pass that sony will likely charge more due to including a bunch of services together.

Kerotan

Banned
Oct 31, 2018
I can imagine Sony got a better deal agreeing to this at a later date. Either a bigger revenue cut or other pros. Possible the option to offer EA games via ps now at an affordable price.

gofreak

Oct 26, 2017
tbh i think about it even bigger. Imagine this: what if sony overhaul's PSNow, so that in the future it will offer smaller subscription packs like EA Access pack and other unannounced subscription services from the publishers, that each would cost, say, 5$ a month, where you get access to their PSNow games + the PS4 games that they allow on the service. if you buy a smaller pack you are still requried to purchase Plus to play online, while subscribing to the full PSNow library will bring you all these subscription packs and plus subscription all together. this could be something like game pass that sony will likely charge more due to including a bunch of services together.

As long as the normal Plus sub didn't go up in price that would be great.

Obviously it would be great if subbing to EA Access gave you 'PSNow access' to the EA catalogue that's on there. And it would be especially great if your PSNow sub encompassed EA Access content and perks.

But I still think that's very unlikely ;) Seems too good to be true. I think they'll be marketed as separate options. I really doubt EA would want to give all their Access titles to PSNow subscribers... the only thing EA would have to compete on then would be price.

OP
OP
modiz

modiz

Oct 8, 2018
As long as the normal Plus sub didn't go up in price that would be great.

Obviously it would be great if subbing to EA Access gave you 'PSNow access' to the EA catalogue that's on there.

But I still think it's unlikely ;) I think they'll be marketed as separate options. I really doubt EA would want to give all their Access titles to PSNow subscribers... the only thing EA would have to compete on then would be price.
yea what that i am suggesting is a very unusual move, but i do think sony is planning on overhauling the way PSNow (and maybe PSPlus) works and i think this could serve as a really effective way to combat game pass.

Are they waiting for some event to announce this?
well GDC is happening right now, maybe EA will announce it in the next few days

or maybe sony have a secret upcoming event....

bombshell

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Denmark
ea ties platform ids across origin accounts. it makes sense to use one universal log in but have the ps4 disabled on the access portion instead of creating specific pages for sony users. Unless the site was recently updated and someone has proof of the ps4 portion being added I don't think this is evidence of the service coming to sony platforms.
True for the link account part of the website, that part could be for the whole EA website and not EA Access page. But why would this disclaimer text value be there?
"ps": "Será necessário iniciar a sessão na sua conta PSN para comprar a sua assinatura do EA Access."
It specifically mentions EA Access in same sentence as PSN. It's there right now if you go to the page source of the link in the OP.
https://www.ea.com/pt-br/ea-access?eaaccess-modal=true