• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

SweetNicole

The Old Guard
Oct 24, 2017
https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20180308005948/en/
3260334_Origin_Access_Warner_Bros_Image_2.jpg

REDWOOD SHORES, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Electronic Arts Inc. (NASDAQ: EA) today announced the addition of six Warner Bros Interactive Entertainment titles to Origin Access*, marking the first major publisher outside of EA to introduce titles to The Vault. Origin Access members can now play games from the hit Batman™: Arkham series and LEGO® Batman series. In the coming weeks, more games will be joining The Vault including the award-winning indie title, The Witness, and a brand-new game, Out of the Park 19.

For players who are not a member of Origin Access, they can try some of these games and the full line-up of titles in The Vault for free during a seven-day trial from now through March 26, 2018. Players can also access discounts on Origin game purchases. To learn more about member benefits, visit www.origin.com/store/origin-access.

The new line-up of games entering The Vault will include:

Available now:

• Batman™: Arkham Asylum
  • Batman™: Arkham City
  • Batman™: Arkham Origins
  • LEGO® Batman
  • LEGO® Batman 2
  • LEGO® Batman 3
Coming soon:

• The Witness
  • Out of the Park Baseball 19
  • Lost Castle
  • Bulletstorm – Lite
  • Wasteland 2

Vinc

Oct 25, 2017
Whoa. Between this and Game Pass, we really are moving towards a service model for games distribution.

Raijinto

self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Huh, didn't really imagine this would happen. Sounds cool, though I wonder when/if they'll be added on EA Access on Xbox One?

Much

The Gif That Keeps on Giffing
Feb 24, 2018
I still don't know if I want games distribution to be done as a service akin to Netflix. That's just my two cents, but I certainly can see the benefits in doing so. I wish EA Access was on PS4 because then I could play Battlefield on the cheap end.

Nov 15, 2017
Not going to lie, if this comes to Xbox i'm definitely re-subbing. I haven't played any of the Batman games and all i keep hearing are good things about them.

Rainemane

Oct 27, 2017
So are EA and MS basically competing to get publishers to put their games on their origin access/gamepass services? Then again I don't see the problem with WB putting games on both services.

Tomacco

Oct 27, 2017
So are EA and MS basically competing to get publishers to put their games on their origin access/gamepass services? Then again I don't see the problem with WB putting games on both services.
Wouldn't be surprised if it's announced during the Xbox Insider (or whatever it's called) this Saturday

Stalker

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Batman Origins is amazing and if you missed it because it wasn't part of the trilogy everyone should play it.
Leagues better than Arkham Knight

Also play Bulletstorm, Even if it's just the original. Once the controls click it's a blast and the humour is actually okay. Story is solid and the characters are pretty neat.

Delusibeta

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Judging by the fact that they didn't mention it, I'm going to assume this does not apply to EA Access on the Xbone. Makes sense, since Origin Access has featured a few indie games that EA weren't involved with previously. EA Access, meanwhile remained strictly EA only (presumably because Microsoft runs it, according to an EA customer support rep).

Deleted member 18161

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Companies need to unify this stuff so it's the same on Xbox and PC with users choosing where they play.

Xbox Game Pass should be on PC too.

Gren

Oct 27, 2017
I still don't know if I want games distribution to be done as a service akin to Netflix. That's just my two cents, but I certainly can see the benefits in doing so. I wish EA Access was on PS4 because then I could play Battlefield on the cheap end.
Maybe I haven't been paying close enough attention, but it doesn't seem like Origin Access is heralded as much as EA Access or Game pass (at least on here anyways). We'll see if this new development can move the needle more for their distribution model on PC.

Oct 25, 2017
Maybe I haven't been paying close enough attention, but it doesn't seem like Origin Access is heralded as much as EA Access or Game pass (at least on here anyways). We'll see if this new development can move the needle more for their disibution model on PC.
Yeah Origin Access has not been as well received as EA Access because the vault has less things in it, it gets nearly all the same things added, but missed out on the 360 BC titles that don't have a PC version,. and also the certain sports franchises that EA stopped developing for the PC (like NHL and Madden).

So I wouldn't be surprised if these titles don't show up at all on EA Access and are meant to make Origin Access more attractive. Cheaper to have these show up on PC, instead of PC & Xbox.

Stalker

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Maybe I haven't been paying close enough attention, but it doesn't seem like Origin Access is heralded as much as EA Access or Game pass (at least on here anyways). We'll see if this new development can move the needle more for their distribution model on PC.
Origin Access is EA Access just on PC instead of Xbox and it's the suprior version. Not sure what you mean by this.

Starlatine

533.489 paid youtubers cant be wrong
Oct 28, 2017
put the lego games and wasteland 2on ea access as well ffs

dont care about the rest

I mean I don't see nearly as many people here post about that service (ergo, I assume it's less popular) compared to the other two, that's all.

unless valve decides to do a steam access you're not going to hear much about it

Stalker

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I mean I don't see nearly as many people here post about that service compared to the other two (ergo, I assume it's less popular), that's all.

It's exceptional Value for money however it does suffer because of the PC market being so "deal heavy" at times and many of the titles already being in peoples library one way or another.

Oct 25, 2017
I've been waiting to subscribe (too busy to dive into a subscription service) and it looks like it'll be an even better value when I do. Looking forward to seeing what AK looks like on my setup.

zedox

Oct 28, 2017
EA is basically making a PC competitor to Game Pass before it "officially" comes to PC. Good on EA. Though this is just expanding something that they started before anyone else.

nampad

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I wanted t subscribe to Origin access anyway, great news.
Just bought some Warner games though :/

Maneil99

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
It's not on EA access because these are all last hen games not on XB1? Maybe they don't have rights for Backwards compatibility for these games. WB might also think that they aren't going to sell anymore of these on PC whereas the Xbox live store versions are still selling

mas8705

Oct 27, 2017
While I'm not going to suddenly get EA Access over this, I will say that this is pretty neat to see. I wonder what the chances will be if we were to get some "NetherRealm" support in there too? Pretty sure if you work a deal to bring over MK9, MKX and both Injustice games to EA access (and maybe a few more tidbits like Sholin Monks if possible), then you could draw in a bigger audience into the service.

Malawhur

Oct 27, 2017
Wow, this is getting ridiculously good value for the money. I have so many things to play so I stopped my subscription a while ago but will re-sub later.

Rosur

Oct 28, 2017
I wonder if this will come to the Xbox version in the future as, got excited a little then realised was PC only.

Ge0force

Self-requested ban.
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Belgium
The battle for game subscription services has begun! I wouldn't be surprised if we got a few more services by the end of the year.