• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Nirolak

Oct 25, 2017
And here's the game information from EA's press release. We might get more in the call later.

It seems the sports singleplayer modes are hitting it off a lot... and maybe helping drive Ultimate Team (the microtransaction mode) adoption? Hard to tell if the last part is related.

• More than 50% of Madden NFL 18 players engaged in the "Longshot" story mode through Q2 and Madden Ultimate Team™ players are up 25% year-over-year.
  • FIFA Mobile unique player base grew to more than 113 million.
  • The BattlefieldTM 1 community grew to more than 23.5 million players worldwide.
  • Monthly active players for The SimsTM 4 on PC increased more than 40% year-over-year.

OP
OP
Nirolak

Nirolak

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, I'm hoping for something more interesting out of the conference call, though the growth in digital to make up most of EA's business is a pretty big shift for one year.

rokero

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
When is the Q&A ? Hopefully someone ask about Switch support

ZhugeEX

Senior Analyst at Niko Partners
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
Yeah, I'm hoping for something more interesting out of the conference call, though the growth in digital to make up most of EA's business is a pretty big shift for one year.

Indeed. When looking at Net Revenue it's now 72% of the total.

Which is interesting considering that EA's mobile division isn't that big a part of total Rev.

You can see it reflected here in the large increase across live services and full game downloads in the TTM chart.

upload_2017-10-31_20-23-41.png

Falchion

Oct 25, 2017
Boise
I like hearing the positive reception for the story modes, I know I play them once those games hit the vault.

Acorn

Oct 25, 2017
Scotland
Not played since the 1st month, I had over 1000 hours on BF4. Vehicles are horrible aka battlefield's usp.

Deleted member 42

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 24, 2017
50% actually seems pretty good? Apparently the Madden campaign was great too. I'd be happy to buy EA sports games if they start going in on those like they did with FIFA, because I love that kind of thing

Oct 27, 2017
23 million? Did I miss that BF1 suddenly went F2P or something?

This is confusing me too. What kind of magical number BS is this? It looks like they havent sold more than 12 million units across all platforms. I feel like with concurrent players being a popular marketing pitch for PUBG and now Fortnite, we are going to see a lot more of this type of noise. At least those numbers seem backed up by reality.