• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Aokiji

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Los Angeles
Now it's no secret I'm not fond of the current EA Corp, but given how we make sure to shine a light on the negative things involved with this company, I thought it a at least fair to bring some light to this.

https://gamedaily.biz/article/969/exclusive-a-candid-conversation-with-eas-andrew-wilson-at-e3-2019

While Andrew Wilson didn't confirm the news directly, several EA staffers confirmed to Gamedaily.biz that the CEO, along with other executives, declined a performance bonus for the 2019 fiscal year. Instead, that money went into a bonus pool intended to be distributed among employees all across the company.

EA did still recently cut 350 jobs, while the execs still made millions. This is not to pat EA on the back for doing what they should be doing. But at least it's something.

Last edited:

dotyoureyes

Alt Account
Jun 11, 2019
More companies should do this tbh...these guys make huge coin already. The imbalance is silly in the current market. Good on EA.

Tempy

Oct 25, 2017
Is this a one time thing? It's much more useful to make profit sharing a standard thing. Game makes money - everybody benefits, not just the execs.

Xiaomi

Oct 25, 2017
This is the moment when the villain tries the "I'm a reasonable man/We're not so different, you and I..." monologue, before revealing his plan is even more fucked up than it first appeared.

Silky

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Georgia
Doesn't EA have some of the best work conditions and worker relations in the industry and like, don't they actively strive for that?

Pasha

Banned
Jan 27, 2018
I hope people will realize that this wouldn't be happening without the constant pressure from the consumers/media.
I also hope that this isn't a one time gesture for PR purposes.

EssBeeVee

Oct 25, 2017
is each of the employee going to get a surprise envelope to say if they got bonuses or not.

Rodjer

Self-requested ban.
Jan 28, 2018
Wilson has been part of EA's values and habits for nineteen years, leading the company for the last six. Like many others in leadership roles at EA, he came up as a developer. And unlike the CEOs of Activision and Take-Two, he actively plays video games

lol

Billfisto

Oct 30, 2017
Canada
Initially this sounds good, but these are bonuses.

This is how they get you. They don't fix the ongoing issues (like crunch), or provide an improvement in the regular working wage. Nah, they'll throw you a bone once (and make a big PR deal about it), and that somehow makes everything okay.

PIMPBYBLUD

Oct 27, 2017
This should be a mandatory practice for any company that has drastic job cuts in a fiscal year. We know that ain't gonna happen.

Strat

Apr 8, 2018
Fozzy: There was once a company that was sooooooOOO ethical...

Andrew Wilson shattering a bottle: HOW ETHICAL WAS IT!?

Fozzy: It was quite ethical and there was nothing funny about it at all.

DrKelpo

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
1251636.gif

come on, people.. yes, it's nice I guess, but the dude earns insane amounts of money every year with or without his bonus.
Let's not forget he earns the average EA wage 200-300 times over.

TheMoon

|OT|
Oct 25, 2017
Video Games
This falls under "the least they could do" ... still good that they're doing it at all. Shouldn't be such a "wow omg they did something not evil for once?" moment, though.

Danzflor

Oct 27, 2017
EA did a good thing, nice. This doesn't magically erase all the bad coming from the company but is a good example to make in the industry right now.

8byte

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt-account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Kansas
Translation: Please don't unionize.

Edit: Shit already beaten? Message still stands. Good gesture, but almost certainly with bad intentions.

TheMoon

|OT|
Oct 25, 2017
Video Games
come on, people.. yes, it's nice I guess, but the dude earns insane amounts of money every year with or without his bonus.
Let's not forget he earns the average EA wage 200-300 times over.
literally the OP:
but given how we make sure to shine a light on the negative things involved with this company, I thought it a at least fair to bring some light to this.

[...]This is not to pat EA on the back for doing what they should be doing. But at least it's something.

Dest

Has seen more 10s than EA ever will
Coward
Jun 4, 2018
Work
did i misread that title or is that really what it says