• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Equanimity

Oct 27, 2017
London
Looking forward to this reveal.

I hope they don't comprise on performance, stick to a rock solid 60fps on curren-gen no matter what.

Sid

Banned
Mar 28, 2018
Think it'll be cross gen with some features tweaked for the next gen versions

DarrenM

Oct 28, 2017
I can't wait for the reveal. I haven't really played Battlefield since BF4. So glad it's current gen only.

Oct 17, 2018
Andrew Wilson just confirmed it's coming to Xbox One and PS4.
> true next-generation game
519.jpg

Milennia

Prophet of Truth - Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
Very excited to jump in.

As a pad player for thousands of hours in the previous titles (especially the previous modern titles of 3 and 4) I may pick this up on console instead of PC unless it's input based.

So next gen is good news, hopefully not bogged down by being cross gen too much, if it is I'll just go PC anyway.

Beth Cyra

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Y'all even if it launches exclusive on PS5/Series or even marketed as such, it doesn't stop it from showing up later reveal on last gen.

Don't forget how Capcom first showed of Village. A "true" next gen game is not the same as saying it will not launch on last gen.

Zebesian-X

Dec 3, 2018
with five developers behind it, this should be epic.

Either that or they're just throwing as many bodies at it as possible to make sure it ships this holiday (See cod this year).

I'm more optimistic about this one though, DICE was given more time than usual if I remember right, so it could really be something special.

OP
OP
Schlorgan

Schlorgan

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Salt Lake City, Utah
Andrew Wilson just confirmed it's coming to Xbox One and PS4.
Was that on the call? I'm not seeing anything about it.

Y'all even if it launches exclusive on PS5/Series or even marketed as such, it doesn't stop it from showing up later reveal on last gen.

Don't forget how Capcom first showed of Village. A "true" next gen game is not the same as saying it will not launch on last gen.

Also this

Jun 17, 2018
Gonna just say that I'm betting those Xbox One and PS4 versions are going to be heavily scaled back visually and running at 30fps much like BF4 on 360/PS3.

bsigg

Oct 25, 2017
Kinda sounds like PS5/XSX|S will be segregated from XB1/PS4 based on their comments that the destruction and player counts on "next gen" are increased.

Desfrog

Oct 29, 2017
Battlefield 4 was one of the few cross gen games that was pretty different on current gen vs last gen (larger player count, bigger maps). I imagine it will be the same here.