• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 11626

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I need more Mass Effect and Dragon Age, so I really hope this game isn't a dumpster fire. I've got a feeling that PapEA comic might see some use again though after the game is released, unfortunately.

Anthem needs to knock it out of the park or Bioware is probably getting put out to pasture. I would have preferred Anthem just be a Mass Effect MMO style game and all resources poured into it instead of splitting the studios for two games. I think Andromeda would have had a much better chance...but oh well. I'll just cross my fingers for Anthem

Wololo

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 20, 2017
If Destiny 3 releases in 2019 it is guaranteed to be disappointing. No way Bungie can put together a great game on the scale it needs to be in 2 years.

Depends how far in advance they began pre production. It could have been in pre-dev in the months leading up to Destiny 2.

LycanXIII

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017

arkay

Nov 8, 2017
If they don't have a significant showing for this during E3 and do one of those concept/dev diary trailers similar to Andromeda, I'll assume it'll be another disaster come release.

Deleted member 18951

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I get the feeling that Bioware are going to have a huge hit on their hands both commercially and critically. Time to step back into the spotlight.

spad3

Oct 30, 2017
California
Considering that they had a fairly small representation of the game last year, it'd be safe to say that an early 2019 release isn't far from realistic.

But then again, EA's business practices may interfere and may end up affecting it. Who knows. EA has yet to deliver a stellar title this gen.

Garlador

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Anthem is so weird for me. I have no interest in it, but I want it to succeed so Bioware can succeed so Bioware can make more/better Dragon Age and Mass Effect games, but I also don't want Anthem to succeed in the way that gamers hate, like lootbox mechanics, pay-to-win, or being the type of success that makes them stop supporting their other franchises.

It's just... I don't know. I hope for the best...

Kill3r7

Oct 25, 2017
Unless they changed the settings for The Division 2 from snowy everything, I guess it'll come out in Winter like the first game. Which is gonna be perfect for Anthem.

The Division came out in March 2016. We know Ubi is working on a sequel, likely coming out around the same time based on the last 3 years of massive March releases for Ubi. Anthem is allegedly coming out in March 2019. So one will have to move out of that time frame.

SuperSplit

Banned
Nov 16, 2017
That's alot sooner than I expected, thought it would be Q3 2019.

I'm thinking now it's gonna be delayed for sure.

P A Z

Oct 27, 2017
Barnsley, UK
Big stumbling block for me with Anthem is what is getting monetised.

In these kind of games, how my character looks (gear, armour etc) is as important as the weapons they use.

I read it might be cosmetics only which I still don't like unless it's something like emotes.

Maledict

Oct 25, 2017
It's the traditional time period when EA flings out a game that isn't actually ready, but whose sales they need to include in that year's financials. Unlike other companies, games released by EA in that time period don't seem to have a great track record (see ME3, Andromeda).

Ushay

Oct 27, 2017
Bioware have a huge chance here to fill the gaping hole left by Destiny.

TheZynster

Oct 26, 2017
Bioware have a huge chance here to fill the gaping hole left by Destiny.

YUP, while The Division is a mmo loot esque shooter.......its not based on a sci-fi fantasy setting like Destiny. It is a lot more grounded and plays more like a typical 3rd person cover shooter. It's raids were very bullet spongy and rather boring. There post support is absolutely amazing though.....I'm hoping The Division 2 goes further beyond the grounded setting......but as it stands

Destiny/Anthem/Borderlands 3 are much more aligned together than The Division is......just because of setting and what ideas can be implemented. Fighting a tank, helicopter or another generic looking fireman sponge......only goes so far.

I have faith on Massive though.....its obvious they know their engine insanely well....and can keep content coming. So they might have made plenty of strides on how to make the game more interesting.

OP
OP
Aokiji

Aokiji

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Los Angeles
Looks like mods changed the title but he specified it comes out in March via Dualshockers:
During Electronic Arts' financial conference call for the fourth quarter of fiscal year 2018 Chief Financial Officer Blake Jorgensen framed the release window of Anthem more precisely.

Until now, we knew that the game would come in the fourth quarter of the fiscal year, but now we know the month. Jorgensen announced that the game will be released in the last month of the quarter, which means March 2019.

Sayers

Oct 28, 2017
Whether it's ready or not . . .

I am terrified this will be BioWare's last game.

Wololo

Banned
Nov 20, 2017
Borderlands 3 would be nuts to launch in Anthems release window. I think BL3 will have a bit of the too little to late effect.

Sir Guts

Use of alt account
Oct 26, 2017
Last month of Q4 is March? OP you need some sleep. Anyways, I like that it's at the beginning of the year.

"Later in the fiscal year, we'll launch our stunning and ambitious new IP Anthem. Every dimension of this game will offer something entirely new for our audience of players, from a new universe with unique stories that BioWare is creating, to the cooperative gameplay, to the epic and beautiful environment that constantly evolves around the players.

Anthem is a fundamentally social experience and will open new ways for fans to join the community and play early, enabling us to shape and refine the game with their input and feedback. We're deeply excited to launch this brand new franchise and equally excited to work with our players to make Anthem a game they can't wait to play and share with their friends for years to come."

This whole "Play early" thing is interesting. Thanks Abriael

vivftp

Oct 29, 2017
Not surprising at all. Division 2 I see being a 2020 title.

I was expecting it to be a late 2018 title. I figured since they've got events this summer in The Division to earn loot in TD2 that the launch wouldn't be too far off, otherwise it'd be kinda weird to hold events to earn loot if the game was still so far away.

DeathyG

Oct 27, 2017
NW Indiana
Looking forward to seeing it at E3.

Then losing all interest when we learn how EA plans to nickel and dime us with their greedy ass practices.

Oct 26, 2017
I love the concept of this game, but I have zero faith in them to deliver a proper self contained experience that isn't designed from the ground up to push the player towards additional purchases.

Schaft0620

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If Rainbow 6 Seige and Fortnite can rebound from their launches Anthem can recover from its announcement.

no1

Banned
Apr 27, 2018
Doubt it, probably going to be delayed tbh.

Oct 25, 2017
Hmm this seems like a good idea. Start off the year strong but hope that the end of the year leaves a lot to be desired so this becomes an instant pick up.

All I hope is that this game better be good

daniel77733

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I was expecting it to be a late 2018 title. I figured since they've got events this summer in The Division to earn loot in TD2 that the launch wouldn't be too far off, otherwise it'd be kinda weird to hold events to earn loot if the game was still so far away.

Two and a half years later after the first game? I would be very surprised. I loved The Division as a solo lone wolf but they need to improve on some things and make the story better. Also, if it's still based in NY (which would be the only way I see the sequel coming out sooner), they need to add in the other boroughs.

Personally, instead of a Division 2, I was hoping for different boroughs and states/cities. Imagine playing in California and having to avoid random earthquakes while being engaged in massive shootouts? Or tornadoes in a mid-western state?

But we'll see.

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017
I wrote this in other thread but I will repeat it here too. Releasing game in last month of the fiscal year like they did with Andromeda has "rushed" written all over it. I really hope that they learned something from Andromeda launch.

kittens

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Nice, for some reason I'm really excited about this even though I kinda dislike both Bioware and Destiny lol

Deleted member 9857

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I'm hopeful but after their treatment of Andromeda pre & post launch I'm much more skeptical, I really hated how they dropped all plans for DLC and just shelved the Mass Effect series when the game didn't really sell all that poorly and wasn't a bad game by any stretch of the imagination

I love Bioware, I even enjoyed Andromeda and have no regrets having preordered it but I'm not excited for Anthem in the least :-/