• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

LightKiosk

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Depending on when Division 2 is releasing, and that's in the middle of the typical Destiny lull, that overall sounds like a good time to release the game.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
Thats a good time, the beginning the year gets ignored for big game releases. Of course that is slowly changing

Deleted member 31092

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 5, 2017
aka "BioWare has to release the game before the end of the FY no matter the quality of it"

I expect a shitfest but hope for the best.

justiceiro

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
e02e5ffb5f980cd8262cf7f0ae00a4a9_press-x-to-doubt-memes-memesuper-la-noire-doubt-meme_419-238.jpg

Kill3r7

Oct 25, 2017
As someone else mentioned. They should steer clear of The Division 2. Second biggest new IP this gen and they have worked hard to rehab the game.

texhnolyze

Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia
Depending on when Division 2 is releasing, and that's in the middle of the typical Destiny lull, that overall sounds like a good time to release the game.

As someone else mentioned. They should steer clear of The Division 2. Second biggest new IP this gen and they have worked hard to rehab the game.
Unless they changed the settings for The Division 2 from snowy everything, I guess it'll come out in Winter like the first game. Which is gonna be perfect for Anthem.

Sheev

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I need more Mass Effect and Dragon Age, so I really hope this game isn't a dumpster fire. I've got a feeling that PapEA comic might see some use again though after the game is released, unfortunately.

Wagram

Banned
Nov 8, 2017
I'm interested in it, but i'll not be pre-ordering based on their recent track record and what they're chasing. If it's some Destiny like cash in, then nope. If it's close to Andromeda, then nope.

If it's a high quality product that can stand on its own with an actual campaign and a full fledged narrative similar to a Mass Effect 1-3 then sure.

Highly recommend not pre-ordering and falling for the b.s.

P A Z

Oct 27, 2017
Barnsley, UK
Difference being that Anthem wasn't badly mismanaged for years before a last minute all hands on deck crunch to whip it into shape. As far as we know.

The main Bioware team have been on Anthem since finishing Mass Effect 3.

Fair point.

I wasn't a fan of Mass Effect 3 so they've got to show something real good to win me overwith Anthem.

Wololo

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 20, 2017
Sounds right Still wish it was coming this year though. i guess with Battlefield V they didn't want both to clash. Anthem would have been good counter programming though.

Deleted member 11995

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Scotland
Fair point.

I wasn't a fan of Mass Effect 3 so they've got to show something real good to win me overwith Anthem.

Hopefully we get a real good, confident showing of the game at E3 this year.

The reveal trailer was hype. I'm looking for some substance now. The negativity hasn't got me down yet. I think Bioware are still capable of greatness.

Wulfram

Mar 3, 2018
I'm interested in it, but i'll not be pre-ordering based on their recent track record and what they're chasing. If it's some Destiny like cash in, then nope. If it's close to Andromeda, then nope.

If it's a high quality product that can stand on its own with an actual campaign and a full fledged narrative similar to a Mass Effect 1-3 then sure.

Highly recommend not pre-ordering and falling for the b.s.

My guess would be that Anthem will have a strong campaign but struggle to deliver enough end game content and frequent updates for the multiplayer crowd. That's where Bioware's strengths and weaknesses lie, anyway.

Deleted member 5864

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Well, something will release I'm sure. Good thing they've given themselves 10 years to support it after that.

Red Alert

Banned
Mar 25, 2018
User Banned: 24h for history of trolling, and console warring.
i hope some good game will release it and it will bomb . Hopefully something like Rocksteady new game + RDR2 on PC maybe?

Rodney McKay

Oct 26, 2017
Hope they at least show a more in depth look at the game at E3, stuff like the loot and upgrade systems in the game, and maybe some story focused stuff. Without that I'm still not sure whether to get interested in this or not. If it's too multiplayer and loot focused (ala Destiny) then I'll probably not care for it, but if it has at least some of the story stuff I come to Bioware games for, it could be a winner for me.

Even with the huge disappointment that was Mass Effect Andromeda, I still like most of Bioware's stuff and hope this is a return to quality.

OtterMatic

Oct 25, 2017
It sounds like a good time, except for the fact that we don't what else are coming out, especially games from Ubisoft.

Ubisoft has been releasing games in late Feb to March for last few years and it rewarded them big time. Considering how successful Ghost Recon Wildland, Far Cry 5, and to a lesser extent, Far Cry Primal, I don't see them not releasing anything at that time next year.

Of course, this is assuming Bioware won't delay it.