• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

DarkManX

Dec 20, 2017
If this became confirmed, its another scandal with EA and to the FIFA series

The icons are untradeable and being given out for thousands of dollars, loaded onto their accounts.

Screenshot-20210310-151742-com-twitter-android.jpg

Last edited:
Jul 10, 2020
So wait, if I am understanding this, the scandal is the devs are selling the best Ultimate Team characters behind the scenes?

dglavimans

Nov 13, 2019
So this has been popping of on Twitter today. In the gamemode FIFA Ultimate Team you build your own team. You can do this with grinding in time or buying packs for a chance to pack good players. What has been popping of on Twitter now is that some employees are issuing very good cards on people their account for money. I cannot link all in this thread but the prices are as high as 1000 dollar for an icon card.

www.dexerto.com

FIFA 21 devs confirm “questionable activity” following EA Gate card selling allegations - Dexerto

EA SPORTS under pressure as allegations of FIFA 21 card selling from their own employees go viral on social media – with EA Gate trending.

Included is a link which goes more indept on the matter and also links to Twitter. If this turns out to be real (wouldn't suprise me. )

EA may be in the mud. Please keep in mind that believe it or not, 1000 is still cheap. You either get really lucky or you will never play with those players ever. Their whole game needs a good revamp because it is beyond broken at the moment. It is time someone steps up

Deleted member 29464

Account closed at user request
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
I don't know if any of this true but why would anyone pay so much for this when it deprives them the fun of the surprise mechanics...

dglavimans

Nov 13, 2019
Nothing will come from this really... But as an football fan it pains me what this mode has become. It is beyond broken at this moment with the best cards FAR out of reach for you to access. Strangely 1000 is kind of cheap for those cards lmao

Thera

Banned
Feb 28, 2019
France
Are you sure it isn't support? Support is handled by third party companies dedicated to game support and not EA themselves.

Pyro

God help us the mods are making weekend threads
Jul 30, 2018
United States
Every time I look at or learn something new about FIFA's UT I'm more disappointed and a little nervous about the future of GaaS.

At least those employees are finally getting proper compensation before they're probably fired? I'd like to think they wouldn't do this if they weren't getting screwed in the first place but idk.

Lausebub

Nov 4, 2017
Who would be this stupid to use the official Twitter account and add their name at the end? Or am I missing something?

dglavimans

Nov 13, 2019
Every time I look at or learn something new about FIFA's UT I'm more disappointed and a little nervous about the future of GaaS.

At least those employees are finally getting proper compensation before they're probably fired? I'd like to think they wouldn't do this if they weren't getting screwed in the first place but idk.
Fut is like GaaS, but on the ABSOLUTE max of it's highest point right now. So you have every right to be nervous tbh.. They are finally getting something against them with regulation. But they have been going for years now and nobody stopped them

Oct 27, 2017
I swear the bottom tweet is just CS rep going to tell them how to load up fifa points on their console. CS reps don't have access to put players in peoples team's.

OP
OP

DarkManX

Dec 20, 2017
Is there anything to actually link employees into this so far, or just hearsay?
Since the players are untradeable and put into peoples accounts... and yet this week, a case on reddit with a person that got a strange mistake or his POTM Messi SBC, got his card later after being contacted by a person on FIFA team to get him the card. So i suppose the suport cant do anything or have access to give players into peoples accounts

Patitoloco

Oct 27, 2017
You clearly don't play FUGT, FIFA's Ultimate Gambling Team.

I can't seem to find that reddit post on my mobile app to share it to my friends Patitoloco , did it get deleted?
Mmm I use Apollo for Reddit in my mobile, but it's there for me and still loads. It's the first post in the default Hot sort, other than the stickied one at the top.

fenners

Oct 27, 2017
Since the players are untradeable and put into peoples accounts... and yet this week, a case on reddit with a person that got a strange mistake or his POTM Messi SBC, got his card later after being contacted by a person on FIFA team to get him the card. So i suppose the suport cant do anything or have access to give players into peoples accounts

I've got experience of working on large online systems, and frequently hackers/exploiters could do things the devteam insisted was impossible. Stranger things do happen, especially on PC.

I'm not saying EA employees aren't involved; I'm saying it needs more proof than "it has to be EA employees".

Absolute

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
If true it's kinda funny that the devs are just as greedy as the people running the company. This would be a dreadful look and I'd expect people to be fired. If True.

Deleted member 29691

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
I'm sorry they're selling what now? Different colored icons for over a thousand bucks or am I reading this wrong?

I mean I know the whales pay it but yowwee wowwee

OP
OP

DarkManX

Dec 20, 2017
I'm sorry they're selling what now? Different colored icons for over a thousand bucks or am I reading this wrong?

I mean I know the whales pay it but yowwee wowwee
Yeah, Prime Icon Moments. Basically a different cards from the Prime version. The Moments it's from a moment during their carrer, with some changes on stats and the inclusion of Dynamic image.

sibarraz

Prophet of Regret - One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Dont know why EA should get sued for this, since if true, it seems to be a case of some devs going rogue, I doubt that this business came from the executives

Kyzer

Oct 25, 2017
Interesting never thought about this as a possibility. They should be forced to operate above board and by MSRP or something

cowtools

Jul 20, 2020
Canada
No shame in separating a fool from their money, but lots of shame to EA for cultivating a pretty dumb ecosystem and corporate culture.

Xater

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
Wow that would be some extra shady business. Also imagine paying so much for a player that will not even last you a year.

I don't know if any of this true but why would anyone pay so much for this when it deprives them the fun of the surprise mechanics...

I would buy this post on the blockchain. It is just perfect.

Last edited:

sponger

Dec 7, 2018
EA you made it.
First? Game has black market.
Second? Your devs were selling there.

What's that a criminal organization?

Chopchop

Oct 25, 2017
This is some crazy shit, though I guess this sort of corruption is the logical conclusion to any sort of gambling system.

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
Crazy. Fifa is crazy. This is super shady all around

bes.gen

Nov 24, 2017
i guess when you see how your employer preys on vulnerable people, you loose any sense of decency
like an actual gambling mafia lol

wrowa

Oct 25, 2017
I swear the bottom tweet is just CS rep going to tell them how to load up fifa points on their console. CS reps don't have access to put players in peoples team's.
Yeah, definitely. No one would be dumb enough to make these kind of deals on an official account multiple people have access to.