• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Allseeingeye

Banned for having an alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Why this entire self-righteous internet outrage is beyond embarrasing in a nutshell.

??

They know people will notice it. They also know that this will have zero tangible effect on the company.
Making peoples voices heard, over poor business practices is self-righteous? Sure ok bud. We should just lay down and accept any BS that comes our way.

Plotinus

Oct 30, 2017
I want to protest this game so badly, but I just can't face another day without the privilege of playing as Iden Versio.

Roytheone

Oct 25, 2017
Q3OjVSu.gif

replace Ubisoft with EA.,

Honestly, compared to this ea ubisoft isn't even that bad anymore :(

Oct 30, 2017
i said in the other thread and i will repeat it here
I do hope this game flops just like Mass effect did, so EA takes another hit in loss just for trying to fuck the consumers. if the developers were behind this, then i hope they would follow suit and get shut down and kicked out of their jobs.

I know what i am saying makes me look like an ass. But honestly, this looting / micro-transaction shit needs to stop. we are paying premium price for the game already. Its not a f2p so you can charge us more in order to advance like those cheap f2p games.

Jiro

Permanently banned for usage of an alt-account.
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Japan
Was going to post the exact same thing lol.
This has to be EA's scummiest year in a very long time.

The decisions this year put all the other publishers practices combined to shame.

Is there any person at EA who singlehandedly behind all of this, is it the CEO?

NeoKnight

Oct 28, 2017
My god. The sad part is this is exacrly what a company like EA would do, make it harder to be fair to its consumers. By doing this, 99% obviously deliberately, they confirm themselves as a anti consumer and just mindlessly greedy corporation, borderline on just evil. Honestly, someone in EA yesterday saw returns were being asked, and his immediate thought was "lets make it harder/impossible for them to ask for refunds of their money, fuck whatever policies we had to be nice to them, that's the obvious best play!" Like, the Worse Company in America award may not have been worthy of them then, they sure as heck feel like it now.
Now, I can abandon all hope for any future EA game, including Titanfall 3 and Anthem, those will most definitely be designed from the ground up to also provide gamers an unfair playing field for sure, just to push microtransactions.

Aeferis

Oct 25, 2017
Italy
This is because you people keep asking "how lower can EA go?" and they have to do this so you won't be disappointed.

/s

Steezus

Banned
Oct 31, 2017

Allseeingeye

Banned for having an alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Newsflash, bud: the entire gaming community laid down and accepted any BS that came their way since Horse Armor.
Nothing you said, changes anything I said..Only way to enact change, is make the voice heard, regardless if you think it's worthwhile or not. This is not Horse armor, it's far worse. How did the Xbox DRM backlash make out?

Oct 28, 2017
I was never going to buy Battlefront 2 after how the first one turned out. But goddamn if EA hasn't managed to completely blow me away with how scummy this shit has gotten.

zychi

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Chicago
Give it a week and the people gettting refunds will be banned from the service.

Sony and Microsoft both pulled this too. Banning people for asking for preorder refunds or for broken games(Halo MCC).

Govt needs to step in and force these companies to allow refunds.

Also, DONT PREORDER EVER

Elandyll

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Worst Company in America (rip Consumerist)

2012 EA
2013 EA
2014 Comcast
2015 [probably Comcast, but not published]
2016 (Consumer Reports poll) EA

I'd say EA is in the running again...

Brandon

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
If people feel the need to buy EA games go ahead and pick up Garden Warfare or Garden Warfare 2. Great games.

Deleted member 8408

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
If that is what you got from my post you should try to read it again.

You literally said you'd get banned if you expressed your feelings on fans and customers hating on EA.

Somebody's gotta look out for EA I guess. Screw the customers who feel shafted by all of this. Screw the fans who were looking forward to this game. EA's feelings and survival is of paramount importance at the moment.

Deleted member 9241

Oct 26, 2017
Haha, wow.

This takes some serious balls given the current climate around this game and company.

danowat

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
You literally said you'd get banned if you expressed your feelings on fans and customers hating on EA.

Somebody's gotta look out for EA I guess. Screw the customers who feel shafted by all of this. Screw the fans who were looking forward to this game. EA's feelings and survival is of paramount importance at the moment.
Won't somebody think of the developers

Deleted member 6733

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The
If you're only realizing this now then that's on you for not paying attention to the direction of the industry since its customers approved of the outright removal of content to pay for it later.

It's not on me at all. It's on these shitty companies. I don't get what point you're trying to make?

We expect some unintrusive MTs in that sort of game, such as in Destiny. Put it in the hands of EA though and it's on another level. I never though EA would go this low. They have. Hype evaporated.

Steezus

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Nothing you said, changes anything I said..Only way to enact change, is make the voice heard, regardless if you think it's worthwhile or not. This is not Horse armor, it's far worse.

And nothing you or the rest of the internet is going to say will change anything. People throw tantrums, but keep buying those games.

Only way to enact change is to follow up on making "your voice heard".