• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

vixolus

Prophet of Truth
Sep 22, 2020
DS2 seems extremely obvious to make.

DS3 would be interesting. I wonder if it would be a full remake top to bottom like FFVII remake style or something

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
anyone who played the DS1 remake can tell they already working on 2, they added like half the basic mechanics from it anyways

Deleted member 16908

Oct 27, 2017
Dead Space 2 has gotta be a lock, right?

Zebesian-X

Dec 3, 2018
DS2 is a must, but frankly 3 excites me even more. The setting + lore are top-notch, and 1 Remake's writer could easily fix the shoddy characterizations + plot contrivances

AuthenticM

Son Altesse Sérénissime
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
remake of 2

complete reimagining of 3 that is based on the original story and design that the devs wanted to make before EA forced them to course correct. I am pretty sure that that version of the game has a complete design document that is out there. Make that game.

P-Bo

One Winged Slayer
Jun 17, 2019
OFC YES FOR 2!!! I have no attachment to 3, maybe they could release a remastered port instead? It's definitely a wall that needs to be overcome if we are to get 4.

Bigg

Oct 25, 2017
The survey also asks if you want an entirely new Dead Space game too btw. I did the survey a few hours ago. Put definitely interested for DS2 and new DS, maybe interested for DS3.

Metroidvania

Oct 25, 2017
Remake 2, redo some vast swaths of 3, and/or make a new game that replaces 3.

Curious to see if the more realistic 'goals' for the franchise this time around can somehow avoid 3's precipitous chasing of trends, to it's vast detriment.

RoKKeR

Oct 25, 2017
Where is this survey so I can slam the yes button.

Bought the game day one. Doing my part!

Billfisto

Oct 30, 2017
Canada
2 100%, 3 if they think they can make it work this time. No co-op bullshit at the very least.

Heck, give me a remake of that one IOS game and the shooting game, as well.

dgrdsv

Oct 25, 2017
DS2 is a no brainer especially since their "remake" of DS1 was basically take DS1 and add DS2 into it.
DS3 though I don't see the point. A better option would be to split off at DS2's ending into a separate continuity and make a completely new DS-not-3.

Jersey_Tom

Banned
Dec 2, 2017
3 needs to be reimagined entirely to remove the crafting mechanics and possibly redo some story beats to not have so much of that game's story content locked behind co-op and which character you're playing as.

So much of that game was ruined because of EA's meddling through micro-transactions and the mistaken idea that Dead Space fans were interested in an RE5-esque co-op experience. A full remake would be quite the undertaking to make that game standout.

But definitely agree with others that a Dead Space 2 remake is a sure fire moneymaker.

LossAversion

The Merchant of ERA
Oct 28, 2017
It would be something if EA greenlit a remake of the game that killed the franchise to begin with. They couldn't be THAT detached from reality, right? They have to know that it would need to be a very different game.

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
Hell yeah to both. Gimme.

It would be something if EA greenlit a remake of the game that killed the franchise to begin with. They couldn't be THAT detached from reality, right? They have to know that it would need to be a very different game.
I have little doubt that if Motive are given a chance to tackle it, it'll pretty much be a different game that just has a lot of the same concepts and the same basic story (with a lot of changes).

I'd love it tbh. I like Tau Volantis and hope it doesn't get skipped over.

Diogo Arez

One Winged Slayer
Oct 20, 2020
I want it in my hands by tomorrow, get to work Motive /s

But seriously I'm really hyped to see what they cook with a DS2 Remake after this one, but considering they're doing Iron Man I don't see it releasing anytime soon

Zep

Jul 12, 2021
Probably already started working on DS2. They had to see the metrics before hand that this was gonna be a hit.

Ibuki

Feb 6, 2021
Yes EA, I would like to see Dead Space 2/3 Remake. Dead Space Remake is fantastic and I'm thrilled with it. More of that please.

Wise

Oct 27, 2017
It's weird I didn't really enjoy the dead space remake. Thought it was a 6/10 game

Maybe the series isn't for me

Rover_

Jun 2, 2020
Mash the good parts of 2 and 3 in one single remake and then do a proper completely original 3

Handicapped Duck

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
May 20, 2018
Ponds
I checked my email and got the survey and I made sure for ERA's sake that they keep the human enemies and Carver from the third game.
😂/s