• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

golem

Oct 25, 2017
Well played EA, well played

Also there is a time based cap on rewards in Arcade mode

ironcreed

Oct 27, 2017
Definitely deserved it's own thread. I am numb at the level of callous idiocy on display by the folks at EA.

Coolduderedux

Oct 25, 2017
Adjusting the credit amount to reflect the changes makes sense. Putting a cap on earning in game currency is flat-out dumb and anti-consumer. They are literally telling their player base to stop playing. What the hell did they expect?

Alvis

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
Spain
I just want to remind you guys that Microsoft, fucking MICROSOFT, tried to make paid online a thing on PC with GFWL. The community rejected it so hard, they had to backtrack and make GFWL free while XBL was still paid.

We can stop this crap, we just need to make decent purchase decisions. I already did my part by not purchasing this.

Nov 1, 2017
I'm surprised EA's social team is even bothering with continued attempts to spin all this huge tempest of shit. They might as well let it fly at this point and hope the vocal internet crowd get tired out. Clearly their attempts at a fix aren't working either.

Oct 25, 2017
Isn't this why just having threads about tweets was frowned upon since it doesn't actually give time for any response. Makes sense imo from that EA reply and hardly need another thread to dog on BF2. This is the second tweet-based BF2 thread today that's been off base with its initial accusatory tone.

There's enough bad with the game without needing to run to Era in glee every time someone posts something negative about it on Twitter.

Mo0

Oct 25, 2017
While on some level, this makes sense, I still can't believe they didn't appear to think of the optics around the re-rerouting of the conversation right back to where it was, lmao.

Why not just make an Iden box if that was the plan?
They really should've been up front about it. As it stands it invites the level of fog that surrounds it now,

shimon

Oct 25, 2017
It's like this whole game is some sort of test for EA to see how far they can go with bs and how big of a pushback there will be from gamers.

JHoNNy1OoO

Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
Isn't this why just having threads about tweets was frowned upon since it doesn't actually give time for any response. Makes sense imo from that EA reply and hardly need another thread to dog on BF2. This is the second tweet-based BF2 thread today that's been off base with its initial accusatory tone.

There's enough bad with the game without needing to run to Era in glee every time someone posts something negative about it on Twitter.

Well to be fair he posted it over here as well.

CrocodileGrin

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Funny, I assumed beating the campaign would automatically unlock Iden. Of course they'd make you pay for her. Silly me!

Deleted member 5864

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
That cap on Arcade mode is straight up F2P game, LMAO.

Oh, EA. People eat up their shit too much anyway.

Metroidvania

Oct 25, 2017
I don't know, if I didn't give a damn about that character then I'd be happy I was offered the choice of one I preferred instead.

I mean that's my point tho - if the unlock IS supposed to be a reward for beating campaign, then why not just give it to players after they, ya know, beat the campaign? (heck, even leave the 5k points as an option for those who don't want to play campaign)

But if it's meant to be a 'freebie' 5k points, why not just keep it at the old 20k?

The direction they 'chose' to go is quite telling.

Jiro

Permanently banned for usage of an alt-account.
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Japan
I have said it before, I have no right to tell you what to do, but I still beg you, do not give these creeps your hard earned money...

They are so disgusting its not even funny anymore.

Oct 27, 2017
If the cost for heroes went down from (I assume?) 20,000 to 5,000 at the same time his reward went from 20,000 to 5,000 I don't think it would have taken me that long to understand.

She is the only one that is 5,000. Vader and Luke are 15,000. Also, it is a disingenuous response, because if the goal was so you can get her, she would just have been the reward. If someone blew those credits on other things, then they would be ass'ed out of this 'reward' if they did not notice her cost.

Oct 25, 2017
She is the only one that is 5,000. Vader and Luke are 15,000. Also, it is a disingenuous response, because if the goal was so you can get her, she would just have been the reward. If someone blew those credits on other things, then they would be ass'ed out of this 'reward' if they did not notice her cost.
That's the missing part of the puzzle, changes everything up. What a weird system. How many tiers of prices are there for heroes?