• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

TheDeep1974

Oct 26, 2017
Yeah he is obviously guilty. Let's skip all this court bullshit and give him a life sentence.

Over and out.

Oct 27, 2017
Bandung Indonesia
Man, does a figure like Roger Federer really is one of a kind in sports? One that many considers as the best in its field, filthy rich, and yet he married his girlfriend from his very young years and is absolutely scandal free, especially in terms of how he treated the opposite sex?

Sad stuff.

Igniz12

Oct 25, 2017
Man, does a figure like Roger Federer really is one of a kind in sports? One that many considers as the best in its field, filthy rich, and yet he married his girlfriend from his very young years and is absolutely scandal free, especially in terms of how he treated the opposite sex?

Sad stuff.
Yeah I think so. When you play certain sports over others your dna changes over time to match the specific sport so you're less likely to commit abhorrent acts depending on the sport./s

Menx64

Oct 30, 2017
142 millon Instagram followers, almost 4 million likes on his last post. Dude is a money machine. You have to be incredible brave to try to go against someone as famous as CR7.

Oct 27, 2017
Bandung Indonesia
Yeah I think so. When you play certain sports over others your dna changes over time to match the specific sport so you're less likely to commit abhorrent acts depending on the sport./s

I mean, a very famous world renowned male figure that is absolutely scandal free like Federer seems like a rare thing indeed. Which is sad. Or maybe it's just that I don't pay enough attention to sports of all kinds.

Igniz12

Oct 25, 2017
I mean, a very famous world renowned male figure that is absolutely scandal free like Federer seems like a rare thing indeed. Which is sad. Or maybe it's just that I don't pay enough attention to sports of all kinds.
Scandal free or is now that these sorts of stuff are coming to light more and more? Answer is obvious I think.

Igniz12

Oct 25, 2017
Yea but even with that stipulation Roger is indeed scandal free, you'd think for an extremely famous guy that has been at it for three generations in his field someone would out something about him but none whatsoever. Which is something else indeed.
Well idk what any of this has to do with this case but good to know that we can all look to Rodger Fedora for scandal free hero worship if the need arises.

The decision to add or remove him seems to be based on how much traction the story gets.
I wonder if EA is legally required to do so and don't have a choice in the matter after review. I can imagine Ronaldo being a big enough star that he can makes terms that state he must be present in all marketing images regarding FIFA products in his contract.

Squaresoft

Jan 23, 2018
Good bye and good riddance.

What a disappointing end. But it's what he deserves. To fade away.

He will never fade away.
He is one of the greatest sportmens of all time.
This is like saying Michael Jordan or Federer can fade away.
Impossible.
There is not even a conviction yet.
But anyway, this man will forever be a legend. Thats a fact and not my opinion. A record 5 times best player of the world.

Last edited:

Squaresoft

Jan 23, 2018
Football culture is toxic and disgusting in so many ways, this is just one very bad example. I hope he ends up in a cell.

?

Disgusting? Toxic?

Ten of millions of kids play in all countries of the world and many teams of old friends play in every town around the world. From 6 till 70 years old people play football at their clubs.
People go to the stadium of their team with their fathers and then with their own children and the children of their children for generations.

Its a beautiful culture.
You clearly know nothing.

Bosh

Oct 26, 2017

Sad stuff.

Paul Scholes has to be my top sportsman. One of the best midfielders and handled himself amazing off the pitch, was always scandle free.

Actually bumped into him at a pub last year while he was out with wife and friends, guy was down to earth.

Edit : to be fair we got Carrick as the natual replacement who filled that spot very well and was another fantastic sportsman both on and off the field

Keldroc

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah he is obviously guilty. Let's skip all this court bullshit and give him a life sentence.

Over and out.

Banned already, I know, but what is with these people who lean so hard on "the court" and its verdicts on this specific topic? Tons of shit can happen in a rape trial, including settlement and pleading down to lesser charges. That can result in the rapist never being convicted of actual rape, as part of the bargain. Did they somehow now not rape the person they raped? Are we not allowed to believe the rape occurred even if its occurrence is part of the public record but not part of the verdict due to the settlement terms? Because Suge Knight pleaded down to voluntary manslaughter are we supposed to believe he wasn't trying to kill that guy with his car when he hit him? Do you think OJ is innocent and still searching for the real killer?

The court is not the final arbiter of truth. It's the final arbiter of what punishment a criminal may receive, but it doesn't get to define reality, especially considering how labyrinthine the legal system can be about what is and isn't admissible evidence. That's the whole reason there are appeals processes. Stop hiding behind the justice system as though people outside of a courtroom aren't able to use statistics, evidence, and their own damn eyes to determine what happened. Especially when the rapist literally says he did it in a document from his own legal team.

Wiped

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Don't know where the poster comes from, that you quoted, but the Jury trial is mostly a US thing. other countries have it either only on high-criminal cases or not at all.

I'm from the UK and we have had jury trial here for nearly 1,000 years. Unlike the US it's totally random as well, the jury cannot be selected or influenced. Most of western Europe also has the same system.

SprachBrooks

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
LOL you seem strangely annoyed by this. I am just feeling rather saddened since I originally thought Ronaldo was like Roger, one of the good guys.

But apparently he isn't.

Ronaldo is a good guy that did bad things!

Man, Perez must be even more okay with selling him last summer.

This won't go to a criminal court though — it'll go through the whole civil process, either lawsuit or settlement. I'm just fucking confused as to why the VEGAS PD didn't do shit when she initially reported it? Even if he chose to pay her to keep shtum.

OP
OP

Deleted member 8791

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017

Deleted member 3769

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
DoXXL7MXgAUds06.jpg:large

3 times, just because I know we're gonna have the "innocent until proven guilty" guys coming soon.

This is from where?

Deleted member 3769

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
User Banned (1 week) - Victim Blaming
Well I wonder why she went up to his room in the first place. Not that I don't believe he went out of line but what was she especting to what was going to happen there? Watching a TV novel?

OP
OP

Deleted member 8791

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Well I wonder why she went up to his room in the first place. Not that I don't believe he went out of line but what was she especting to what was going to happen there? Watching a TV novel?
Apparently Ronaldo's room was a larger suite and she was part of a group invited to a little private party. It wasn't a "come up alone with me to my 1 room hotel room" situation.

Deleted member 426

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Jesus this is awful. Regardless of who he is.

Plus so hard having to keep that bottled up for nearly a decade.

Oct 27, 2017
Bandung Indonesia
Ronaldo is a good guy that did bad things!

Man, Perez must be even more okay with selling him last summer.

This won't go to a criminal court though — it'll go through the whole civil process, either lawsuit or settlement. I'm just fucking confused as to why the VEGAS PD didn't do shit when she initially reported it? Even if he chose to pay her to keep shtum.

Ehhhhh.... I wouldn't put rape or forceful sexual activity as merely 'bad' though. It's terrible enough to wipe out all the good graces someone have in my eyes, imo.

Odesu

Oct 26, 2017

Honestly, if she didn't want to get raped she just shouldn't have left her house, it's really her own fault if you think about it.

What the he'll is wrong with you?

LinLeigh

Oct 25, 2017

Maybe she was expecting sex but he turned her off. Or she started to feel ill. Or she just randomly changed her mind.

I have walked into job interviews with the obvious goal to get a job and yet walked out knowing I would turn it down.

I have walked into my kitchen to make a cup of tea and yet walked out with coffee or no drink at all.

I have gone to friends to watch a movie but instead ended up playing a boardgame.

In no other situation do we say well what did you expect... .

King_Moc

Oct 25, 2017
Maybe she was expecting sex but he turned her off. Or she started to feel ill. Or she just randomly changed her mind.

I have walked into job interviews with the obvious goal to get a job and yet walked out knowing I would turn it down.

I have walked into my kitchen to make a cup of tea and yet walked out with coffee or no drink at all.

I have gone to friends to watch a movie but instead ended up playing a boardgame.

In no other situation do we say well what did you expect... .

It's worth noting that they pump those places full of oxygen to keep people awake and gambling. At that time, she'd likely have gotten tired really quickly upon leaving. Anyone insinuating that a woman can't change their mind, and that sex should be a guarantee if you leave with them, is a rape apologist.

SprachBrooks

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Well considering their current position, only if still really hates the guy. They have yet to score in 6 hours of play and I don't think they won a game in the last 5 matches?

I support Real Madrid. So yeah, I've been watching their shitty form. They weren't exactly lighting it up last year early on the season with Ronaldo in the squad.

Deleted member 300

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

So your saying if women want to go into a room with a guy they should expect n by going into room they have consented to sex.

Yea fuck off

Gonzalo

Oct 29, 2017
User Banned (1 Month): Dismissing sexual assault allegations. Account still in junior phase.
Ronnie is innocent and has done more good than everyone on this forum combined.

Odesu

Oct 26, 2017
Ronnie is innocent and has done more good than everyone on this forum combined.

Your comment on "Ronnie" literally saying she said "no" and "stop" several times?

Also, how much "good" do Ihave to do until it's worth more than 1 rape? Im not really on top of the market values these days.