• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Servbot24

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Good stuff. I wish I had any interest in BF, I would totally buy the game just for that stance.

raketenrolf

Oct 28, 2017
Germany
Women in WW2 isn't realistic because they didn't fight on the battlefield.

Surviving a rocketblast and getting patched up in 2 seconds with medkits on the other hand totally is. Those nazi doctors were wizards.

ShinySunny

Banned
Dec 15, 2017
Good, maybe they actually stay away. Maybe just maybe there will be less neo Nazi edgelords on PC this time... Ah who am I kidding, just like BF1 it will be filled with Holocaust denying trolls stinking up the chat.

Good response regardless.

Ironically, I think most of these people will still buy the game so they can be neo Nazi in the game.
Probably ragequit if they are on the Alliance side during matches.
BFV is their dream/fetish game if they get to play as Nazi 24/7.

I hope they release a Pavlichenko DLC and troll these stupid "inaccurate history" gamers.

Lyudmila%2BPavlichenko%2BINS%2B300.jpg

Terror-Billy

Chicken Chaser
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm glad people (and companies) are learning to give those people the sort of response they deserve. Buy it or go fuck yourself.

HBC_XL

Apr 19, 2018
Vancouver
There EA goes again ignoring its fanbase and not listening to what they want /s

Seriously - "Good job EA/Dice/Everyone with half-a-mind"

data

Oct 25, 2017
Hell yeah. I don't usually agree with EA's practices, but this is the best PR move they've made. Fuck the naysayers

Adamska

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
EA is such a weird company.

They do things like this that have us singing praises, then they turn around and shit all over their Star Wars exclusive license or pump out cookie cutter sports games or test heinous lootbox implementations.
While I won't argue for or against lootboxes, their Star Wars games are amazing graphical and gameplay-wise (except for maybe TOR, but I'm not sure that's EA). Also, while I'm not a fan of sports games, I know people who play FIFA games and think they're amazing. They clearly try to improve upon them year after year, too. What's cookie cutter about that?

Alienous

Oct 25, 2017
Great, but...

These are people who are uneducated — they don't understand that this is a plausible scenario, and listen: this is a game,

I don't get saying it's a plausible scenario, but then saying "this is a game" as if to dismiss implausibility. I don't think you need to defend the decision beyond "We want to give players more ways to express themselves".

But good on them anyway.

RionaaM

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This is Dice, the company that gave us two parkour games starring women, so their response isn't surprising. Of course, it's still really appreciated, because more representation is always a good thing. What sucks is that some people complained about it in the first place.

ColonelForbin

Oct 28, 2017
For how much we all hate on EA.L, this response is refreshing and awesome. More inclusive gaming is the way forward for the industry.

Decarb

Oct 27, 2017
It must be really frustrating for the devs when they put their heart and soul into it and then have to deal with a bunch of sexist crybabies trying to trigger start a dumbass hashtag.

DeeDogg

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Florida
Im not against women in this game but I think thats a false quote with the 13 year old daughter thing. I refuse to believe that a 13 year old person cant understand the difference between the zany over the top customization in fortnite and the customization in battlefield. A 5 year old or even 8 year old yeah but a 13 year old actually asked that?

Recluse

Oct 25, 2017
Nice.
I've never played a battlefield game in my life, but I'm going to be buying this one just because it's setting people off.