• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

francium87

Oct 27, 2017
Good on Dice and EA

Hopefully weeding out those types of dumbasses will make online more tolerable too

Death Penalty

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Great, but...

I don't get saying it's a plausible scenario, but then saying "this is a game" as if to dismiss implausibility. I don't think you need to defend the decision beyond "We want to give players more ways to express themselves".

But good on them anyway.
I rather like it, and think it's along the lines of "Even if you weren't one hundred percent wrong (which you are) you still wouldn't have a leg to stand on".

Asriel

Dec 7, 2017
EA is such a weird company.

They do things like this that have us singing praises, then they turn around and shit all over their Star Wars exclusive license or pump out cookie cutter sports games or test heinous lootbox implementations.

I know, it's almost like they're not a perfect company.

IceyD

Oct 29, 2017
Chicago
I think the concept is pretty silly and off-putting but I'm on the side that doesn't take BF seriously in the first place so it's whatever.

Oddly enough I might try COD instead if it gets a proper PC launch now that it's under the Blizzard app.

psilocybe

Oct 27, 2017
Bold response, I like it!

I would buy it if I had not bought it already. This sentence is weird.

BDubsLegend

Banned
Jan 24, 2018
Not that I'm against representation ,but they sure chose a game to push women in gaming. I feel there were better more creative options that wouldn't have this kind of backlash in the first place but whatever I guess. I feel EA are using trolls to deflect all criticism of them trying be be more like COD and Fortnite. But that's a nuanced argument that you can't just say fuck bigots to.

Brazil

Actual Brazilian
Oct 24, 2017
São Paulo, Brazil
It's astonishing how easy it is for these companies to look good when they're dealing with the type of swine that will literally say they don't want to play a game because there's women in it.

Bethesda goes "Fuck the nazis!", and that's an actual stance you take, and not just the obvious natural state of existence to everyone, everywhere.

Fuck these hateful pieces of sentient garbage to oblivion.

Kentsui

Oct 26, 2017
Only answer possible at this point.

Plus they can afford to take that stance, the few that will actually not buy the game because of it won't matter much.
What they may have to watch closer is the behaviour of players online, some could buy the game just to ruin the fun for every person playing a female character.

ShortNasty

Dec 15, 2017
EA is such a weird company.

They do things like this that have us singing praises, then they turn around and shit all over their Star Wars exclusive license or pump out cookie cutter sports games or test heinous lootbox implementations.

Yes. Much like their inclusion of the Women's national teams in FIFA. Or the WNBA. Urgh. I so want to support those efforts.

Armaros

Oct 25, 2017
It's embarassing that this kind of response is extraordinary for the Industry.

It shouldn't surprise us or be notable, but the fact that it is says the state of the industry.

Calverz

Oct 28, 2017
I think its because battlefield historically really pushed itself to be the 'authentic' experience. I listened to their messaging during the unveiling and they didnt once say the word 'authentic'. Which was good. Some gamers need to realise that these games dont deliver an authentic experience because basically the game wouldnt be fun. They will have to look elsewhere for their kicks.

Lundren

Oct 27, 2017
Not that I'm against representation ,but they sure chose a game to push women in gaming. I feel there were better more creative options that wouldn't have this kind of backlash in the first place but whatever I guess. I feel EA are using trolls to deflect all criticism of them trying be be more like COD and Fortnite. But that's a nuanced argument that you can't just say fuck bigots to.

So they are forcing diversity in order to avoid having to answer for their missteps? Interesting take.

xxracerxx

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Good. Between the reaction to this and the kiss in TLoU2 it is nice to see developers shut that shit down.

shintoki

Oct 25, 2017
Dishonored 2. Women
Wolfenstien. Women
BF. Women
Star Wars BG. Women

Welcome the New Women Order