• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 11093

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I am afraid for going a bit off topic, since my comment is not about the topic of women, but how EA/DICE are avoiding the real criticism... But I will still answer your question since I love debating with you.

The evidence was clear when EA and DICE first responded to the criticism, stating that "women are here to stay". Reddit quickly commented (and even on Era) by saying it is not about the inclusion of women, but the misrepresentation and customization and how nothing of it made sense. All these comments were of course overlooked and/or avoided.

I am sorry for not having evidence, since I won't go through all the Reddit post since then to find it, and I know my post will then seem leas credible, but anyone who goes to r/battlefield daily should be able to recognize what I mean.
r/battlefield
lmaaaaaaao

Oct 24, 2017
When EA will understand that at the base one complains not of the presence of the woman but of the artistic direction of the customization much too advanced and WTF for the time of the second world war.

The majority of people who complained were, for example, about the woman wearing a prosthesis. The media and the small of spirits then accused of sexism and seized the problem by shouting to the misogynists. Whereas if it had been a man with a prosthesis, the reaction of the players would have been the same.

Of course, there are real sexists who complain about the woman herself and these are idiots but the media and EA take this minority for a majority. If women were the problem, it wouldn't just be for Battlefield. Strangely enough, we say nothing about Assassin's Creed Odyssey or Anthem when the majority of the players are sexist according to them.

Meanwhile, EA does not answer the real and only polemic: the artistic direction that is outside the WW2 era.

To answer EA, I would be happy not to buy the game. Not because of the presence of women but because I refuse to see for example a German in ninja or a German in a lumberjack mask or British in motorcycle jackets.
lmao

EMGESP

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
There was backlash? Holy crap I didn't even think twice about the fact that women were in it. Must be 12 yr olds or something.

eddy

Oct 25, 2017
To answer EA, I would be happy not to buy the game. Not because of the presence of women but because I refuse to see for example a German in ninja or a German in a lumberjack mask or British in motorcycle jackets.

Or, presumably, because you wouldn't like to see a Desert Gold-colored tank? You know, for realism.

Edit: Never mind the many inaccuracies in weapons that were never fielded in any numbers, at all or not in the theatre it's depicted, etc, etc. All things these people have accepted and will continue to accept because they're bigots.

Last edited:

Jam

Oct 25, 2017
Imagine if there was a way to detect Twitter Accounts to BFV owners; anyone who complained then is automatically locked into a female soldier 100% of the time

Gutsfree

Self-requested ban
Banned
Jun 1, 2018
There was backlash? Holy crap I didn't even think twice about the fact that women were in it. Must be 12 yr olds or something.

I think we shouldn't try and throw stuff like this on young children. Worst part of controversies like this is its more likely 18-30 year old men who are upset not everything is about them.

Mr X

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Virginia / US
bravo.gif

Bravo.

I think we shouldn't try and throw stuff like this on young children. Worst part of controversies like this is its more likely 18-30 year old men who are upset not everything is about them.

Indeed, most of the backlash is most certainly not children, but young adult men.

grosbard

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Good for EA. Games can be set in historical settings and not be 100% realistic....you know, just like tons of freaking Battlefield games.

HockeyGuy412

Banned
Nov 13, 2017
Don't care if women are in the game but do hope they put in the option to turn off character customization for people who want it

cartographer

Oct 25, 2017
This isn't a surprising response. Don't conflate a potential dislike for a company's games or monetization strategy with the values of the developers or other people within the company.

This is the same company that owns BioWare and has been on the same receiving end of all the shit that dev went through whenever they included anything that could be seen as a step forward for representation, whether it was gay characters and romances, transgender characters etc.

This isn't redemption. This is what they've been. It's a collection of individuals behind these products. Whether you like those products or not doesn't really factor in to this part.

HamSandwich

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
"We cant be sexist because we dont mind women are in the gsme, but because how theyre portrayed!"

Yeah okay.

The Wraith

Oct 27, 2017
All these idiots complaining about women being in Battlefield will still buy the game. If they don't... who cares? They're probably the type who scream racial slurs anyhow and frankly I hope they don't buy it. As for myself I'll buy it on the pc and Xbox one X.

JigglesBunny

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
Fantastic message I can get behind. I hope they opt to not pick the game up though. I don't want to play with these types of people.

Chaos2Frozen

Nov 3, 2017
I hope there's enough of a reasonable fanbase to cancel out the backlash. But I fear this backlash might have the majority consensus of people that would actually buy the game.

Paquete_PT

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I don't think "if you don't like it don't buy the game" is a good response to criticism BUT, I think this situation is very appropriate for it. Don't like it don't play it, and grow the f-up

HockeyGuy412

Banned
Nov 13, 2017
Are you one of those people? Has this ever happened where character customisation can be turned off in a multiplayer game?
The character customization doesn't bother me from what I seen but if they start adding neon glowing weapons and some just weird stuff the option would be nice. Idk if a game has done it before I know it battlefield 1 you can turn off user created stuff

PandaShake

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I shoot based on color of uniform. I don't know how anyone lingers around long enough to see the face of your foe when I got objectives to catch. Game looks fun.

aSqueakyLime

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
England
As expected r/battlefield isn't taking this well, place is a salt mine

At this point it's hilarious how far they're willing to go to justify their dislike of women

Violater

Nov 19, 2017
I wasn't going to buy it because of them going back to WW whatever, but now I will because of the stance taken against the whiners.

Messofanego

Oct 25, 2017
UK
The character customization doesn't bother me from what I seen but if they start adding neon glowing weapons and some just weird stuff the option would be nice. Idk if a game has done it before I know it battlefield 1 you can turn off user created stuff
It sounds like you are one of those people. Why do you suspect neon glowing weapons?

AlexBasch

Oct 27, 2017
Random white fatass fuckboi discredits women who fought and died in the bloodiest armed conflict using their phones and sipping their Mountain Dews while doing "YouTube essays".

Please, get fucked.

DreadfulOmen

Feb 6, 2018
Make your own game if you don't like it. I can't wait for a day where it doesn't matter who the characters are. It shouldn't matter. As long as it's a good game and has a good story, who cares?

Seriously, it's 2018 and I thought we'd be past all this crap, but I guess not. If the game is good, it's good. Doesnt matter if it's a girl or a guy.

JJ!

Dec 18, 2017
Damn I love that response. Buy it or don't. I've never been a big fan of the series, but I might take a dip into it for this one.

Wulfram

Mar 3, 2018
Its clever politics on EA's part, to keep criticism of their game suppressed. And the gamergaters will happily cooperate and play the villain, since this will all help their vile creed expand.

7Z7

May 30, 2018
You are confusing two points in order to defend a group of sexist neckbeards, congratulations.

Where am I defending sexism?

I'm just saying that the majority complain mostly about personalization and that it has been misinterpreted as sexism.

Smart players know very well that there have been women at the WW2. All we want is a minimum of consistency in the outfits.

And I am not saying that there were no sexist comments either, but that this was seen as the problem of gambling, whereas no.

Landy828

Oct 26, 2017
Clemson, SC
I can't imagine being such a fragile insecure little man baby that something like this hurts my little feelings.

I just sit here and laugh at these idiots. I'm with you on this EA, they can go cry themselves to sleep in the corner.

jelly

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I was amused when people didn't say a word when multiplayer footage released at E3. Outrage!!!......oh it looks like same old BF.