• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

VN1X

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Did they showoff any of the new maps? Al Sundan is the one which is just a flat horizon basically right? Don't care for that at all.

Gimme urban maps any day of the week!
I'm unable to check the streams right now so if someone could specify this that'd be great. :D

Joffy

Oct 30, 2017
God the rest of this year sounds awesome for bfv. Been a bit tough waiting through the drought but it's looking promising now. Iwo jimas great news now, would love to see wake Island too

Siresly

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
Quite looking forward to the Pacific expansion. Promises to bring BFV closer to BF1942. BF1942 was good.
I'm typically not an infantry-centric player, but I can enjoy maps that are more along those lines.
Absolutely not anything like Metro though. Kill it with fire, crush it, blow it up, pour radioactive waste on it and bury it under the sea.
So 7 maps throughout the rest of the year. That is significant.

Players being able to set up their own servers is necessary to solve some issues related to map rotations and will provide more options for players.
I was recently complaining about this somewhere, so this is cool.

Thumbs up, Mr. Battlefield.

Last edited:

LightKiosk

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
So if I'm reading the new Roadmap correctly, we have 8 maps coming before 2020 hits, which is another way of saying 8 maps by the end of 2019.

• Al Sundan - June 27
  • Marita - July
  • 2 new maps tailored for infantry combat - August
  • Operation Underground - October
  • 3 new maps including Iwo Jima - Chapter 5 Fall 2019 / "3 Before 2020"
All things considered, this sounds good to me.

Pretty Roadmap Graphic

iRAWRasaurus

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Hobbes
aef9yhpl96331.jpg

DodgeAnon

Oct 25, 2017
This game's obsession with infantry combat is ultimately it's downfall. Battlefield should be all about the large, open sandbox style maps in which players can decide their own ways to play.

It seems the only large scale map coming is Al Sundan, which is taken straight out of the single player so it's not exactly "new" disappointingly.

VaporSnake

Oct 28, 2017
Damn, I know there'll be more eventually but only 3 pacific maps at first is kinda disappointing, was hoping it would be a huge batch of content released at once, kinda like how they did the russian expansion in bf1.

Deleted member 31423

Account closed at user request
Banned
Nov 6, 2017
8 Maps over the next 7 months is more than I thought it would get. I guess that's good. But since they're going to be doling out one map a month I'd rather just wait till the fall when all the content is there.

NSA

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Adding it to EA Access might actually get me to renew access for another year. Clever.

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
Are they bringing back proper vehicle spawns? Or is this just a replacement for spawning into the plane flying at full speed? I do miss the original system of vehicle spawns.

The core game is now very good, we've been saying we just need more maps, so this update has me more than happy!

Not sure

---

iRAWRasaurus

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Are they bringing back proper vehicle spawns? Or is this just a replacement for spawning into the plane flying at full speed? I do miss the original system of vehicle spawns.

The core game is now very good, we've been saying we just need more maps, so this update has me more than happy!
Its prob like Hamada where you pick the plane from the menu and it spawns at the airfield with you in it.

SapientWolf

Nov 6, 2017
This game's obsession with infantry combat is ultimately it's downfall. Battlefield should be all about the large, open sandbox style maps in which players can decide their own ways to play.

It seems the only large scale map coming is Al Sundan, which is taken straight out of the single player so it's not exactly "new" disappointingly.
But the infantry heavy maps are always the most popular. DICE has to give the people what they want.

DodgeAnon

Oct 25, 2017
But the infantry heavy maps are always the most popular. DICE has to give the people what they want.

Well when a good 90% of the maps are infantry focused, they're bound to be the most popular.

But if that's the case then this series is completely at odds with itself then, as infantry maps aren't what Battlefield is about and it's a shame they'd much prefer to go down that route. They've already half-assed the vehicle gameplay as it is.

If I wanted to play a small scale infantry bunch of maps, I'd rather just play something like Insurgency instead. BF always stood out from the rest for being a huge scale sandbox.

cooldawn

Oct 28, 2017
Yeah...so this Pacific themes update is more of what I like. The maps in the BETA didn't enamour me for my style of play...but this looks too good to pass up.

Wake Island incoming too?

Ac30

Oct 30, 2017
London

I like the current system so people don't just camp the airfields, but I sorely miss takeoffs so this would be a great compromise.

SapientWolf

Nov 6, 2017
Well when a good 90% of the maps are infantry focused, they're bound to be the most popular.

But if that's the case then this series is completely at odds with itself then, as infantry maps aren't what Battlefield is about and it's a shame they'd much prefer to go down that route. They've already half-assed the vehicle gameplay as it is.

If I wanted to play a small scale infantry bunch of maps, I'd rather just play something like Insurgency instead. BF always stood out from the rest for being a huge scale sandbox.
No, that's not what I meant. The most popular maps always end up being the infantry focused ones. I didn't mean that they're collectively more popular because there are more of them. It's been that way since Battlefield 2, arguably. Maps like Karkand, Metro, Bazaar, Amiens, etc.

Battlefield 1 was pretty much an infantry focused game and it was a stellar success. I think DICE needs to examine how to allow for big maps to still remain as action packed as the more compact ones.

FaceHugger

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
USA
Getting back into it. It feels like it plays better than when it launched, but I can't put my finger on why.

Anyway, I would pay $50 USD for a Mike Tyson narrator DLC for this game.

DaciaJC

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Did Al Sundan ever actually end up being released? I think I've only seen Mercury and Marita as new maps in the rotation.

Aug 16, 2019
UK
Did Al Sundan ever actually end up being released? I think I've only seen Mercury and Marita as new maps in the rotation.
Not yet still "working on it"

I waited and waited to buy this game, but nothing, even when they announce something exciting they are incapable of supporting it and, honestly, when the pacific launches the new CoD will be out with a 64 conquest mode... I really think this will end up being my first non bought BF game since BF Vietnam in 2004

FaceHugger

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
USA
Sorry if I am rezzing an old thread but I am playing tonight and still not seeing any new content even after a 47GB update. Do I need to select specific maps or did EA just not release the new maps?

Deleted member 55311

User requested account closure
Banned
Mar 26, 2019
Pacific content hasn't been released. Close quarters content has been cancelled. Welcome to Battlefield.

Haha seriously? Are people ever going to figure out that "No Season Pass/Paid content" means "Whatever we feel like giving you for as long as we feel like giving it to you since there will be no receipts to hold us accountable?"

Is the only decent no-pay content still coming from Rainbow?

Valkrai

Oct 25, 2017
I just got the game from Best Buy for C$15, hopefully it was worth it!

Its a pretty solid game albeit very buggy and the drip feed of content hurts the game a lot. Hopefully the Pacific Theatre content helps it.

I like the game but the Deluxe Edition was absolutely a waste of money.