• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Yari

Oct 25, 2017
www.ea.com

UFC Beta Registration

UFC Closed Beta Registration

Found this on another forum incase anyone wants to give it a try. No date specifiedyet but will apparently start soon.

Game should get revealed on Thursday. Don't know anything about it yet.

dreamfall

Oct 25, 2017
Holy goodness thanks for posting this! Just signed up, super excited! I hope they've reworked some of the ground transitions and the blocking animations! And I really wish they'd release it for PC :/

Stove

Oct 27, 2017
This is exciting. I am hoping most of the improvement was put into the ground game as the striking is mostly pretty good.

noyram23

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I still play 3 a lot so i'm up for a beta. Hopefully they made improvement on ground game as well as 'uniqueness' to each fighters.

Emick81

Jan 17, 2018
Thanks a lot!

Registered.

So we can pretty much conclude it will be a cross gen title right?

OP
OP
Yari

Yari

Oct 25, 2017
Thanks a lot!

Registered.

So we can pretty much conclude it will be a cross gen title right?
Not sure yet, but it should get proper backwards compatibility on PS5 atleast due to being a title released later than July. I don't know what Microsoft has said about the sorts.

Not sure if its getting a PS5 version with better graphics though. I suppose that would be cool.

Zealuu

Feb 13, 2018
Nice, hope I get in. Still play 3 now and then.

Edit: Cross-gen makes sense, I guess. The original EA UFC (2014) was released almost as a next-gen launch title iirc and then they released on a two-year cycle after that (2 - 2016, 3 - 2018), but haven't announced anything for 2020 that I know of. 2021 cross-gen title seems likely

Nov 14, 2017
Signed up as well, thank you.

UFC 3 is great with a few flaws, hopefully the fourth game corrects most of it, and it stays at 60fps on the X and Pro at least.

Afrikan

Oct 28, 2017
Thanks for this... i don't know how I missed it most of the day.

EA's UFC series has been my most played games this gen... eventually I get tired of Madden and other games... but never get bored of this. I try to play it almost every night before bed, after I play other games.

Too bad we never had a Tourny on Era.... or did I miss out? 🤔

Afrikan

Oct 28, 2017
Not sure yet, but it should get proper backwards compatibility on PS5 atleast due to being a title released later than July. I don't know what Microsoft has said about the sorts.

Not sure if its getting a PS5 version with better graphics though. I suppose that would be cool.

Well it supported PS4Pro/X1X with 60fps modes...

Hopefully they have a 1080p 120fps mode for Next Gen ports, like Dirt has.

Kabukimurder

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I wish they would use the licens to do a remake of UFC Tapout instead. The current product and roster is too watered-down to build an interesting single player experience around.

OP
OP
Yari

Yari

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah I would also like to see a PC version but it seems EA does not want to put some of their EA Sports titles on there. It is unfortunate.

I hope to see Pride FC in the game but they probably won't have it again...
Well it supported PS4Pro/X1X with 60fps modes...

Hopefully they have a 1080p 120fps mode for Next Gen ports, like Dirt has.

Interesting. Sounds good. If I enjoy the game enough, that might be a worthwhile upgrade. Won't that cause issues competitively though? If some players obtain higher framerates?

Oct 27, 2017
Do the people still playing three play it online? I can't lie, I play a bunch of 3 but only when I feel like wailing on some AI in a career mode playthrough. I tend to do gimmick fighters at this point and take great pleasure in dismantling the AI in very specific ways.

Hasney

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Registered.

Love that the beta sign up form has an option for "I'm not interested in the beta"

2CL4Mars

Nov 9, 2018
Holy goodness thanks for posting this! Just signed up, super excited! I hope they've reworked some of the ground transitions and the blocking animations! And I really wish they'd release it for PC :/

Yeah why isn't there a PC version? feels kinda weird it being a console exclusive in this day and age especially with a sports title.

Afrikan

Oct 28, 2017
Yeah I would also like to see a PC version but it seems EA does not want to put some of their EA Sports titles on there. It is unfortunate.

I hope to see Pride FC in the game but they probably won't have it again...

Interesting. Sounds good. If I enjoy the game enough, that might be a worthwhile upgrade. Won't that cause issues competitively though? If some players obtain higher framerates?

Yeah some of the base PS4 and Xbox Owners were worried about the disadvantage for the 60fps Pro/X1X gamers... but hey let us have our fun with high frame rates dang it! Especially for this type of game.

As far as Pride FC... I loved it on PS1... but I also wouldn't mind if Yukes (who worked on the UFC games last gen, worked on a new MMA game.

OneFC's Twitter page was teasing a PS5 game.. but they may have been just trying to draw attention.

But we saw what Yukes could do last gen when the UFC let then expand the licence.

2012_11_29_17_57_03.jpg

Would love a Bellator, OneFC, Rizen, RoadFC, Invicta licensed game that let you travel and fight in different organizations.

EA MMA actually did that before they got the UFC license.

OP
OP
Yari

Yari

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah some of the base PS4 and Xbox Owners were worried about the disadvantage for the 60fps Pro/X1X gamers... but hey let us have our fun with high frame rates dang it! Especially for this type of game.

As far as Pride FC... I loved it on PS1... but I also wouldn't mind if Yukes (who worked on the UFC games last gen, worked on a new MMA game.

OneFC's Twitter page was teasing a PS5 game.. but they may have been just trying to draw attention.

But this is what Yukes did last gen when the UFC let then expand the licence.

Would love a Bellator, OneFC, Rizen, RoadFC, Invicta licensed game that let you travel and fight in different organizations.

EA MMA actually did that before they got the UFC license.
I agree, I always wanted a higher framerate for this franchise. I think its way too important in any kind of fighting game. The games were already had this set delay on strikes as it is, never really felt all that fluid.

Yeah Yukes nailed the presentation for Pride FC. That was amazing, commentary (especially Lenne Hardt doing the introductions) was excellent too. They did a great job.

I doubt we will ever see another MMA game that is not UFC featured but I'm up for trying them if it were to happen. That said, I've had them all and aside of the Pride FC you mentioned too (loved that approach where each fighter was unique in their style), they were pretty bad. Supremacy MMA and Bellator Onslaught lol.

Afrikan

Oct 28, 2017
Supremacy MMA and Bellator Onslaught lol

Oh God why remind us. 🤢

For yall PC folks this MMA just released for only $5

I don't know how many people worked on it but I think it's only one guy..... it looks cool to mess with for only $5

store.steampowered.com

Ultimate MMA on Steam

Ultimate MMA is a mixed martial art fighting game. Fight in the tournament, unlock new moves, create unique fighters and play with friends.

Nov 14, 2017
Do the people still playing three play it online? I can't lie, I play a bunch of 3 but only when I feel like wailing on some AI in a career mode playthrough. I tend to do gimmick fighters at this point and take great pleasure in dismantling the AI in very specific ways.
Yeah I love playing with the AI that way as well, winning with body shots or leg shots is always cool.

But I mostly play online (not 'Ultimate fighter or team' or whatever it's called) but seasons with real fighters (roster of the UFC) and there's always 8-10k people playing online most of the time. Both the XB1 and PS4 versions are well populated.
It usually takes from 5 to 20 seconds to get into a game, and I would say ~15% of the games are laggy to a point that it's annoying, which is not too bad.

Emick81

Jan 17, 2018
It seems logical to me that PS5 and XSX will get a patch to support 4k 60FPS. The hardware is powerful enough.

We will probably get all the information on Thursday

OP
OP
Yari

Yari

Oct 25, 2017
Noooooooo

This pretty much rules out a new Fight Night game then.

Man UFC games suck.
I like both but yeah I would have much rather seen a new Fight Night game. I cant believe we went through an entire gen without one.
They are putting Tyson Fury and Anthony Joshua in this new UFC game. I honestly doubt thats going to sway any boxing fans to buy these. Ugh.

Nov 14, 2017
I like both but yeah I would have much rather seen a new Fight Night game. I cant believe we went through an entire gen without one.
They are putting Tyson Fury and Anthony Joshua in this new UFC game. I honestly doubt thats going to sway any boxing fans to buy these. Ugh.
Where did you read that? 😯

OP
OP
Yari

Yari

Oct 25, 2017
Nov 14, 2017
I don't really know where the rumor started but it would not surprise me and I'm going to guess its legit. They like to put boxers in this game for some reason.

heavy.com

Anthony Joshua to Join Tyson Fury in New EA Game, Per Sources

Tyson Fury was previously rumored to be included in EA UFC 4, but now he may be joined by the only other heavyweight champion in boxing, Anthony Joshua.
Yeah they have the two main characters from Fight Night Champion in UFC3 so that might happen. Even from a marketing perspective makes sense to tease the fight between them in the future.

Emick81

Jan 17, 2018
Just saw an interview with Dana White after last nights event where he pretty much confirmed Tyson Fury as a playable character.

Emmet vs Burgos was a good one this weekend!

OP
OP
Yari

Yari

Oct 25, 2017
NmIpY9D.png

Small update. Client is listed on the Portuguese Microsoft website.
This confirms the cover athletes too.

Emick81

Jan 17, 2018
Some guy in the commentsections at Facebook mentioned that keys were already send out. I did not get anything, somebody?

The guy could be talking BS of course.

Nov 14, 2017
Got an XB1 code, I don't know why I didn't asked for the PS4 version lol.

Will try it later, also want to know how long is the closed beta.

R dott B

Oct 27, 2017
Apparently I signed up for the wrong console. I got an Xbox code but I need a PS4 code lol

JohnnyToonami

Dec 16, 2018
Earth
If anyone wants a PS4 code let me know. I got an invite and don't remember signing up. I swear, I sign up for the sports titles I actually want and only get the UFC beta codes lol