• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Aokiji

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Los Angeles
In news that should be shocking to no one, the devs spit out that PR response earlier about the backlash to the beta, only to still implement a pay2win system in the final version of BF2. As I stated earlier, I don't care what a dev says about MT because at the end of the day it isn't their call. I can see myself avoiding multiplayer centric titles all together in the near future because there's no point in playing them if you aren't going to pay up the extra cash just to be on a level playing field.

The guy explains here in this video about the sheer advantage that comes with purchasing cards out of the gate.

TOPIC CLOSED-DUPLICATE DISCUSSION LOCATED HERE
https://www.resetera.com/threads/star-wars-battlefront-2-loot-crate-prices-revealed.5122/

Last edited by a moderator:

Netherscourge

Oct 25, 2017
All they did was remove the top-tier cards from the crates.

All the other stuff is still in them and yes, it's an early advantage until people grind their way to the same stuff.

Draccus

Oct 27, 2017
England
Is anybody surprised? I mean, really?

Even after the feedback they said they listened to, barely anything has changed.

This is EA. I expected no less from them.

Absoludacrous

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
So I watched the video, and he points to the extra 150% missile lock on time as being his big advantage, but then proceeds to destroy everyone without even using missiles. Therefore it stands to reason he would have done just as well without the upgrade, and an equally skilled player on the other team could have matched him as well without any of the upgrades.

Though to be fair EA invited this sort of thing when they designed this system in the first place. He's obviously a skilled player and was going to mop up the other team regardless, but now it's this grey area where you're never going to know if he would have done exactly the same without the upgrades.

Kinthey

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
The balancing of the game just seems off to me. Even without the micro transactions are those some pretty big advantages these cards get you.

Perhaps they should also come with some negative stats, like higher firerate but lower health etc.

Last edited:

Dekuman

Oct 27, 2017
So is this guy EA centric in his streams who just happen to have a conscience or did he go rogue. I can't see someone EA is paying directly or indirectly to drop this bomb right now.

Deleted member 6263

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Waddup guys, thank you for having me EA. If you guys all know who I am, my name is XFactorGaming and I am an EA YouTube Influencer. So...I am here...to...talk about, Battlefront. Umm...2. Uh, if you guys didn't know, Battlefront 2...I'm, but, um...

Mark H

Oct 27, 2017
So I watched the video, and he points to the extra 150% missile lock on time as being his big advantage, but then proceeds to destroy everyone without even using missiles. Therefore it stands to reason he would have done just as well without the upgrade, and an equally skilled player on the other team could have matched him as well without any of the upgrades.

Though to be fair EA invited this sort of thing when they designed this system in the first place. He's obviously a skilled player and was going to mop up the other team regardless, but now it's this grey area where you're never going to know if he would have done exactly the same without the upgrades.
Isn't the missile lock on thing where it takes your opponent 1.5 times longer to lock a missile on you?
That seems to be huge advantage when you also have highly mobile high level vehicle.

den

Oct 27, 2017

He actually says that it takes opponents 150% more time to lock on to his ship.

Kayant

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
"EA YouTube Influencer" - Is a bit unneeded here given he says it isn't a sponsored video.

Status
Not open for further replies.