• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Mega Man Zero

Oct 27, 2017
From Kit's twitter https://twitter.com/kitosan

Also a prototype JoyCon at the end of the clip.

DY14Qt7VMAAJ7D-.jpg

Early Twintelle

DY16hFbVwAA3M4e.jpg

Nanashrew

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Gimme that Ken the Eagle ARMS character. I hope they revisit these designs for ARMS 2 because they're all really great.

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
The devs did say that the Spring Man we know today is the third person to carry the mantle. Maybe they could revisit these designs as one of the first two Spring Men (preferably the first, that way the dev team can fulfill my theory that Max Brass was Spring Man #2 & have him be the All Might to Spring Man #3's Deku) in ARMS 2.

I'm also loving that early Twintelle design.

ASaiyan

Oct 25, 2017
Making sure the gameplay is fun before even thinking about the world/characters. What I absolutely love about Japanese devs.

Deleted member 3010

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Holy shit that black Twintelle was hot fire.

Should've kept her like that, still, OG Twintelle is beast!

'Japan' Man looks great, too, I'd take that as an official character.

Nirbion

Oct 25, 2017
There's more character concept

Mechanica looks so adorable in this mecha-suit

EDIT: More character concept-art

dusteatingbug

Dec 1, 2017
I played a little more of this game today. It really is pretty cool. There's... something missing from it to make it really great, but the character design, music, core gameplay and originality are all pretty awesome. I hope the IP survives for at least one more entry.

Neoxon

Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
I played a little more of this game today. It really is pretty cool. There's... something missing from it to make it really great, but the character design, music, core gameplay and originality are all pretty awesome. I hope the IP survives for at least one more entry.
Relax, you're acting as if the game bombed & the franchise is on life support. Like I said earlier, given that the game sold pretty well already, I don't think we should be too worried. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think Nintendo mentioned that the game sold to their expectations (someone on here with a Mechanical avatar pointed that out to me).

Deleted member 2793

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The devs did say that the Spring Man we know today is the third person to carry the mantle. Maybe they could revisit these designs as one of the first two Spring Men (preferably the first, that way the dev team can fulfill my theory that Max Brass was Spring Man #2 & have him be the All Might to Spring Man #3's Deku) in ARMS 2.

That would be pretty cool. Spring Man being a legacy title just made him way cooler to me. Would be nice to have a Spring Man 2 costume or something in a future game.

ShinobiBk

One Winged Slayer
Dec 28, 2017
Twintelle's prototype looks even more like Bayo. Those pants :O

I want a story mode DLC. I'd pay for it

dusteatingbug

Dec 1, 2017
Relax, you're acting as if the game bombed & the franchise is on life support. Like I said earlier, given that the game sold pretty well already, I don't think we should be too worried. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think Nintendo mentioned that the game sold to their expectations (someone on here with a Mechanical avatar pointed that out to me).

I don't think it's on life support but there are plenty of games that sell decently well but don't get a sequel for whatever reason. Just saying I hope this isn't one of those.

Neoxon

Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
Twintelle's prototype looks even more like Bayo. Those pants :O

I want a story mode DLC. I'd pay for it
I wouldn't be surprised if they just leave most of the story to the graphic novel until the sequel, where they can cram more story into the Arcade Mode (or do a full-on story mode in said sequel).

I don't think it's on life support but there are plenty of games that sell decently well but don't get a sequel for whatever reason. Just saying I hope this isn't one of those.
Fair. Though given how much the team loves working with the franchise, I could see this being a new rotation for the EPD Kyoto-Mario Kart team going forward (I.E. swapping between Mario Kart & ARMS). It's no Splatoon, but I'm sure Nintendo sees potential in the future of the franchise if they make the right moves to propel it even further. Look at Pikmin, it did decently well & it got 2 sequels, another one on the way, & a spin-off.

OP
OP
Mega Man Zero

Mega Man Zero

Oct 27, 2017
ARMS sold over a million, so that's pretty good. Yabuki and company need to get to work on Mario Kart 9, though. ;)

Sander VF

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Tbilisi, Georgia

Would be cool lore if he was trained by one of the previous Spring Men.

Medalion

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Game is oozing with charm... if only there was more gameplay to bring this thing TRULY to life

Neoxon

Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
We got a sneak peek at the ARMS comic that's coming out on Free Comic Book Day.