• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

HammerFace

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I don't recall 4.1's being free. Steam still lists prices for it all and I don't think it's free on PS4 either. Humble Monthly included all the 4.1 DLC tho.

Weird? I know I got either one or both of them free on the PS4

Edit: I looked it up and the 2nd dlc pack was free as an apology for save system issues

Deleted member 3896

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Good lord, the PSN store is such an infuriating disaster.

The DLC shows up on the psn store site for the US but not via the PS4. I have the deluxe edition and "bought" the dlc just now... it's still nowhere to be found on the PS4 in my downloads or library or through the store. They really need to torch the entire UX and go back to the drawing board *grumble grumble*

Guppeth

Oct 25, 2017
Sheffield, UK
Good lord, the PSN store is such an infuriating disaster.

The DLC shows up on the psn store site for the US but not via the PS4. I have the deluxe edition and "bought" the dlc just now... it's still nowhere to be found on the PS4 in my downloads or library or through the store. They really need to torch the entire UX and go back to the drawing board *grumble grumble*
There's no download. I bought it and it just says 'purchased'. You'll see Mission Pack 1 when you load your save in game.

Deleted member 3896

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Can you try using PSDLE from a PC to try and find it in your stuff? Sometimes new stuff doesn't get added to the top of the list.
i did try that, but thanks! And tried restoring licenses... no luck.

Just deleted the whole game and re-downloading. Failing that, I'm having my bank charge them back for the sum of the game lol. It shouldn't be this hard.

Deleted member 3896

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Wait. Isn't chargeback the worst thing to do? I think Sony will ban your entire account if you do that...
Really? I didn't know that, yikes.

This isn't the first time I've had to jump through extremely arcane hoops to try to problem solve for their broken store. And their customer service is basically non-existent. What to do...?

MrKlaw

Oct 25, 2017
When the enemies get stuck it's so frustrating. Just jumped on this evening to blast through a few levels and i'm on of 38 or with lots of spaceships dropping enemies and a large number of frog guys being pounded by air strikes and Railgun. Finally mopped everything up except One ship which is too high for me to shoot and won't come down. So it just drops some spi shoot them and we rinse/repeat. Going to have to do the whole thing over again.

HammerFace

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
When the enemies get stuck it's so frustrating. Just jumped on this evening to blast through a few levels and i'm on of 38 or with lots of spaceships dropping enemies and a large number of frog guys being pounded by air strikes and Railgun. Finally mopped everything up except One ship which is too high for me to shoot and won't come down. So it just drops some spi shoot them and we rinse/repeat. Going to have to do the whole thing over again.

Thats the worst. There have been times where bugs are on other sides of mountains and I just can't reach them and there is nothing I can do.

Guppeth

Oct 25, 2017
Sheffield, UK
That doesn't sound like a glitch. Sometimes things are high up and you need a long range weapon. When you play missions for the first time it's always advisable to bring a sniper or rocket launcher, just in case.

Apologies if it actually was a glitch and I'm being patronising.

MrKlaw

Oct 25, 2017
That doesn't sound like a glitch. Sometimes things are high up and you need a long range weapon. When you play missions for the first time it's always advisable to bring a sniper or rocket launcher, just in case.

Apologies if it actually was a glitch and I'm being patronising.

I went back and did it with a rocket launcher but I don't recall any missions needing specific weapons in previous games - easier with certain types, sure. But needing a long range/rocket launcher and not finding out until right at the end is a dick move if deliberate.

KDR_11k

Banned
Nov 10, 2017
I went back and did it with a rocket launcher but I don't recall any missions needing specific weapons in previous games - easier with certain types, sure. But needing a long range/rocket launcher and not finding out until right at the end is a dick move if deliberate.
I recall many times in all EDF games where I was unable to shoot the spawner ships with my loadout.

Heidern

Oct 30, 2017
Connecticut
There are some missions with exceptionally tall teleportation anchors or very long-legged Deroys that are impossible to shoot with some of the shorter ranged Ranger weapons. Usually the mission preview screenshot might give you a clue about upcoming enemies in that vein. Luckily I play with two others so there was usually a wing diver or air raider that could reach the enemies.

Bangai O

Oct 28, 2017
The second dlc was released today (in North America at least). Hopefully with all these new weapons I can finally beat the game on Inferno. I need to hurry up though, only a month until Earth Defense Force: Iron Rain is released!!!!

Heidern

Oct 30, 2017
Connecticut
Just played Mission Pack 2 mission "Engage Teleportation Anchors 3" last night and we were able to finish it with three people with almost laughable ease. Once I started using the Wing Diver weapon Dragoon Lance M3, the towers were reduced to being nothing more than a house of cards. The final wave was finished with only one anchor able to actually spawn any enemies. It almost felt like cheating. This gun has superseded the Stardust Cannon in my mind for now, because of its greater damage outside of point blank range.

KDR_11k

Banned
Nov 10, 2017
The Air Raider can usually kill the anchors with an airstrike before the spawns even reach you, sometimes so quickly that the anchors don't even get to activate. It's a bit tricky to see exactly where the lines have to go in order to hit the tops of the anchors but you can hit two or more per strafing run and immediately have the airstrike refilled from those kills.

Guppeth

Oct 25, 2017
Sheffield, UK
Just played Mission Pack 2 mission "Engage Teleportation Anchors 3" last night and we were able to finish it with three people with almost laughable ease. Once I started using the Wing Diver weapon Dragoon Lance M3, the towers were reduced to being nothing more than a house of cards. The final wave was finished with only one anchor able to actually spawn any enemies. It almost felt like cheating. This gun has superseded the Stardust Cannon in my mind for now, because of its greater damage outside of point blank range.
I love that weapon for anchors, but I haven't used it much since unlocking the level 107 Phalanx. You lose some range but the damage is absurd, it stunlocks bosses, melts Cosmonauts, and blows away waves of silver spiders like they're made of tinfoil. There are times when Stardust is better, but generally I'm running with Phalanx + the 10-shot Raijin (which shoots through shield screens).

Heidern

Oct 30, 2017
Connecticut
I love that weapon for anchors, but I haven't used it much since unlocking the level 107 Phalanx. You lose some range but the damage is absurd, it stunlocks bosses, melts Cosmonauts, and blows away waves of silver spiders like they're made of tinfoil. There are times when Stardust is better, but generally I'm running with Phalanx + the 10-shot Raijin (which shoots through shield screens).
I'm only playing Hard difficulty for now, but I'll keep that in mind when I reach that level of power. Thanks.

Deleted member 34711

Banned
Nov 28, 2017
Picked this absolute gem up in the Golden Week sale; so far I'm at mission 65, on Normal. 5 feels and plays like a straight upgrade to 4.1 - as much as I loved that game, I'm amazed at how much better 5 is. People are sleeping on what might be the PS4's best exclusive.

Guppeth

Oct 25, 2017
Sheffield, UK
Picked this absolute gem up in the Golden Week sale; so far I'm at mission 65, on Normal. 5 feels and plays like a straight upgrade to 4.1 - as much as I loved that game, I'm amazed at how much better 5 is. People are sleeping on what might be the PS4's best exclusive.
I've been playing 4.1 a bit, after getting the plat in 5. You're right, 5 improves on 4 in every way. And something I didn't realise until now is that 5 performs way better on my Pro. Perhaps because 5 is optimised for Pro and 4 is just using Boost Mode.

5's framerate still gets kicked in the balls now and then, but that's EDF!

flashman92

Feb 15, 2018
I do like the better frame rate, but part of me likes it when the game lags like crazy because there are too many enemies on screen and my giant explosion caused the game to chug.

JustinH

Oct 27, 2017
Accidentally posted this in the wrong thread (whoops!), but EDF 5 is getting a western physical release this summer.

Hey, sorry for the bump, but I just saw this on SIFTD, and someone might care about it.

video description said:
EDF 5 is coming physically to PS4 in Europe and North America this summer!

I already got an Asian region copy a friggen' long-ass time ago, but I guess I'll need one of the NA ones (or buy it on PSN) if I ever want to play the DLC>