• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

BrickArts295

GOTY Tracking Thread Master
Oct 26, 2017
Well they finally reached Fallout 3 console visuals. At this rate the game will probably look next gen in like 15 years XD

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
Can't wait. I still have EDF5 to work my way through in the interim, while getting a rock solid performance on consoles would be nice, I wonder how much further they can push number of enemies on screen... some of the DLC missions for 4.1 were nuts in that regard!

Deleted member 39144

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 27, 2018
If this doesn't bring the framerate of the PS5 to its knees, then it's with the amount of enemies and destruction, then I can honestly say it's failed.

ara

Oct 26, 2017
Not sure about that art style, but I've been meaning to give the series a proper try, might as well be with this one I guess

Oct 27, 2017
This series really will never change graphically, will it? And it's all the better for it.

But having screenshots with only 4 enemies max in it as a first look is kinda lame.

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
Dunno why it's without fixed platforms. If that's because of a PS5 version, that thing is officially announced and unveiled, so i don't know what issue they would have announcing it for that one.

Haven't played an EDF game for a while, i think i'm keeping an eye on this glorious yank game this time. ^^

dziga

Banned
Mar 5, 2020
I hope they get rid of the class and add character creation so you can mix whatever weapons and capacities you want

Dec 23, 2017
Yes! EDF!! EDF!!

73ksPY9.png

Oregano

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Dunno why it's without fixed platforms. If that's because of a PS5 version, that thing is officially announced and unveiled, so i don't know what issue they would have announcing it for that one.

Haven't played an EDF game for a while, i think i'm keeping an eye on this glorious yank game this time. ^^

Japanese publishers do it all the time, as if there's any mystery to them saying "consoles" when they mean PS4(+ now PS5).

Deleted member 31092

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 5, 2017

It's because they can get another round of press cycle when they announce the platforms.

It's a marketing strategy you see a lot in Japan and in other industries.

Titanpaul

Jan 2, 2019
I really didn't care for the class stuff in the last game. Was still pretty fun, but had it's share of annoyances

Symphony

Oct 27, 2017
Having started playing the EDF series back on the PS2 with Monster Attack and Global Defence Force (EDF1 and 2 respectively) I'm seriously bored of how little the series has changed over the years, aside from duller and grittier visuals it looks the same as ever. Beyond EDF 2025 adding a couple of new rubbish classes (everyone just plays Pale Wing anyway, mobility is important) the gameplay, enemies and mission structure hasn't changed in almost 15 years. I dunno why they don't lean harder into the B-movie cheese with more colourful and unique monsters, new gameplay styles like a PSO2 style high mobility mech etc.

Het_Nkik

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I liked the bipedal frogs and aliens in 5 but on the whole it wasn't as good as 4.1. The enemy honeycombs that covered the entire sky were so cool.

Kyoufu

Oct 26, 2017
I hope they revamp the loadout system. I wasn't a fan of the Energy upgrades the Wingdiver got in EDF5, since it seemed to affect just weapons and not flight as well.

Also a simultaneous worldwide release would be appreciated. I would rather not import this if I don't have to.

KOT

Oct 27, 2017
Minsk
✓ Still looks like utter crap
✓ Probably gonna run at 20fps
✓ Same old muddy colors
✓ Unmissable b movie flavor

Yep, that's EDF alright.

Day one instant purchase

fontguy

Avenger
Oct 8, 2018
I NEVER want EDF to look good. It needs to remain ugly and stupid till the day I fucking die.

Azai

Jun 10, 2020
The graphics look like they could be a Fallout 3 mod. But I like the atmosphere it comes with.