• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Are we getting C&C Remastered Collection 2????

• YES WE FUCKING ARE LET'S GO BABYYYYYYYY

Votes: 19 48.7%

Votes: 1 2.6%

Votes: 2 5.1%

Votes: 2 5.1%
  • no

Votes: 15 38.5%

• Total voters

AuthenticM

Son Altesse Sérénissime
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
In news from five months ago that went unnoticed by many, Petroglyph has put the development of Earthbreakers, a spiritual sequel to Command & Conquer Renegade, on hold after they were approached by a publisher to work on something else.

From the Steam forums:

Everyone at Petroglyph sincerely appreciates all of your support and enthusiasm for Earthbreakers. Since starting this project last year we have been approached by a publisher to work on an exciting new game that has required all our available resources, including the majority of the Earthbreakers team. This means that for now, we need to place Earthbreakers on hold while we focus our full attention in making this new project as great as it can be. We still believe in Earthbreakers and will keep you appraised as to when we will resume development.

For those who don't know, Petroglyph is a Las-Vegas-based company that was founded twenty years ago by ex-Westwood staff. They were the main devs behind last year's Command & Conquer Remastered Collection, which topped Steam's best-sellers list for close to a month.

Petroglyph usually doesn't do work-for-hire. Last year's C&C Remastered Collection was an exception, because C&C is their baby.

So... what could this mysterious new game be? One that required to be all hands on deck, at the expense of their own IP?

I might be setting myself up for disappointment, but I DON'T GIVE A SHIT BECAUSE WE ARE 1000% GETTING COMMAND & CONQUER REMASTERED COLLECTION 2 FEATURING TIBERIAN RUN AND RED ALERT 2 LET'S FUCKING GOOOOOO!1!1!!!!!!!!!

a7iti1up3yl41.jpg

f30q2TR.jpg

795fa1358c8f6b66d158080f3e3a8eca.gif

ActualAdorableDutchsmoushond-size_restricted.gif

toad-hype-overload.gif

hype-overload.gif

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
Fully expect that's the case and I wouldn't even be surprised if that does well enough that EA will let them make their Earthbreakers game as a Renegade Remaster instead.

Hasney

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Huh, had the impression the first collection didn't do well with the aggressive price cuts very soon after release. Happy though!

Moebius

Oct 28, 2017
KANE LIVES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Please add proper ultrawide support.

Syf

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
USA
tiberian sun remaster straight into my veins

am a bit sad about earthbreakers though. i like the look of it

Mentalist

Mar 14, 2019
I sincerely hope so.

However, I thought Petroglyph did that Conan tower defence RTS earlier? So I'm pretty sure they DO work for hire..

OP
OP
AuthenticM

AuthenticM

Son Altesse Sérénissime
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017