• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Stiler

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
So was just sitting here and suddenly my whole house started shaking for a good 4-5 seconds, in south TN.

Looking at twitter there are people in GA (Atlanta) and other parts of TN that are reporting it as well.

Edward

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 30, 2017
I did hear what sounded like a knock on a door but didn't feel anything here in East TN which apparently it hit.

SneakyBadger

Oct 26, 2017
My bedroom shelves were shaking over here near Atlanta. That was my first time ever feeling an earthquake.

signal

Oct 28, 2017
4.4 is "large truck driving by your house" tier. Requesting multiple sarcasmquotes added to earthquake in the OP.

Last edited:

mangopositive

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
I didn't feel shit north of Atlanta, which is good since I probably wouldn't have gone back to bed had I felt it.

jvm

Oct 27, 2017
I woke up and thought "man, that wind is really shaking the windows". Perhaps not just wind, eh?

negreenfield

Oct 25, 2017
I was up waiting on my Lyft for the airport and didn't feel a thing. I felt the last one from close to 20 years ago. I think that one was out of Alabama.

Edward

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 30, 2017
There are earthquakes in that part of the country?
I've only every felt one a couple years ago i thought the pipes under my house were bursting. People in the neighborhood came out like the fuck is going on? Their reaction, the same as mine came from living here for 35+ years never experiencing one.

I'm sure parts of TN/GA get them from time to time but this makes 2 in the 35+ years of me living in east TN. Well, 1.5. 1. I'm still not sure if it was the earthquake or someone knocking on my front door.

Norris1020

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
I slept through it but it woke my wife up and our local friends and family felt it too here 20 miles west of Atlanta.

bshock

Self-requested permanent ban
Banned
Nov 3, 2017
I'm 50 miles NE of Atlanta and must have been sleeping too hard to feel it. Still remember the last one about 23 years ago that felt like the house was shifting.