• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

mac

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Credits toKnuckle Sandwich for making a better OP

Earwolf is a podcast network. Here are some of their podcasts.

Comedy Bang Bang - The show where host Scott Auckerman (aka Hot Saucerman aka Hot Soccermom aka Weirder Scott aka the World Famous Scottabot) talks to interesting people.

http://www.earwolf.com/show/comedy-bang-bang/

How Did This Get Made? - Paul Scheer, June Diane Raphael, Jason Mantzoukas and a guest watch a bad movie and talk about it. They're not booing when Jason comes out.

http://www.earwolf.com/show/how-did-this-get-made/

Hollywood Handbook - Hollywood insiders Sean Clements and Hayes Davenport give you the inside dope on all things showbiz. Wouldn't bother since they're ending the show soon though.

http://www.earwolf.com/show/hollywood-handbook/

With Special Guest Lauren Lapkus - She's the host but she's also the guest!

http://www.earwolf.com/show/with-special-guest-lauren-lapkus/

Improv4Humans - Improv podcast hosted by UCB founding member and improv legend Matt Besser.

Spontaneanation - The other improv show hosted by the impeccably dressed moustachioed genius Paul F. Tompkins

http://www.earwolf.com/show/spontaneanation-with-paul-f-tompkins/

Raised By TV - Are you in your 30s and constantly referencing shows from the 90s? Then boy do I have the show for you. Earwolf All Stars Lauren Lapkus and Jon Gabrus team up for a look back at their childhood tv favorites. It's not even out yet and it's already one of my favorite shows! Premieres November 8th.

http://www.earwolf.com/show/raised-by-tv/

Not Good enough for Earwolf:

High and Mighty - Jon Gabrus (AKA Gino The Intern) and guests talk about a different topic each week.

http://headgum.com/high-and-mighty

There are too many shows for one OT so go here for the rest:

http://www.earwolf.com/shows/

Previous OT starter here https://www.resetera.com/threads/earwolf-ot.2710/#post-324545 said I could make a new one. :-)

Last edited:

newmoneytrash

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
I have this weird thing where I think Jessica McKenna is one of the best improvisers I've ever heard but I can't listen to her with musical guests or listen to Off Book at all because musical improv makes me feel so uncomfortable

newmoneytrash

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
Off Book is tremendous you really should give it a shot
Everyone I speak to about podcasts (mostly Foam Corner) raves about it, but I tried listening to the PFT episode and every time they ramped up to start singing I would break out in a sweat

It's like I'm going to have really bad second hand embarrassment even though I know these guys are all tremendously funny and quick. I just can't shake it!

Deleted member 2109

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Victor and Tiny were great as always. I love Jessica McKenna but Dagmar the Small just doesn't do it for me. It's not Cal Solomon level bad but it's pretty bad.

Oct 25, 2017
Victor and Tiny were great as always. I love Jessica McKenna but Dagmar the Small just doesn't do it for me. It's not Cal Solomon level bad but it's pretty bad.

I agree completely (well, about Dagmar, I dislike Victor and Tiny). Jessica is so funny but Dagmar just doesn't do it for me.

Speaking of which, check the Improv4Humans episode from a couple weeks ago live from Chicago. The lineup is just Jon Gabrus, Jessica McKenna, and Matty B and it was absolutely fantastic

Rapscallion

Oct 25, 2017
Woooo new forum, new earwolf thread!
I reserve the right to talk about non-earwolf related podcasts including the DoughBoys.

Last week's return to suicide House was great. At this point listening to the Monster Fuck is my one Halloween tradition.

Oct 25, 2017
Woooo new forum, new earwolf thread!
I reserve the right to talk about non-earwolf related podcasts including the DoughBoys.

Last week's return to suicide House was great. At this point listening to the Monster Fuck is my one Halloween tradition.

Doughboys and The Adventure Zone are my favorite podcasts period outside of U Talkin' U2 To Me (which I don't really count as episodes are so rare).

In intersecting Earwolf and ResetERA interests, Get Up On This (show by Jensen Karp and Matt Robinson plus a special guest each ep talk about a few things they are interested in each week) did an out of format ep today where they ranked their top 5 games of all time. It's a podcast I don't ever really see talked about but I always like it, Jensen and Matty are longtime best friends so they have great chemistry and their chats are fun and breezy listens.

Crumb

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
OP you can steal my old earwolf OT info if you want

edit: oh yeah they didnt archive it, those fucks

Fantastical

Oct 27, 2017
The Teacher's Lounge is in top 3 funniest podcasts. I love it so much. I love that Drew acknowledged that his character's voice is insane now.

Also anybody listen to The Complete Wedding yet? I listened to all of it yesterday and it's a great entry in the series. Everyone is so funny.

OP
OP
mac

mac

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I created this thread for a selfish purpose. Can anyone remember the episode of Iprov4Humans where one of the guests talks about a R2-D2 rug they had that cost $75 bucks and the carpet cleaner wanted to charge them $120 bucks to clean it? This leads to a skit where they talk about a broken butter dish in the fridge and the repair man says, with a thick E. European accent, "yes, without dah buttah deesh cover itz pozzible that the buttaah will fly out of the freeege and land in the toilet and become covered in the poo-poo."

I could swear it had either Ian Roberts or Matt Walsh.

Fantastical

Oct 27, 2017
I created this thread for a selfish purpose. Can anyone remember the episode of Iprov4Humans where one of the guests talks about a R2-D2 rug they had that cost $75 bucks and the carpet cleaner wanted to charge them $120 bucks to clean it? This leads to a skit where they talk about a broken butter dish in the fridge and the repair man says, with a thick E. European accent, "yes, without dah buttah deesh cover itz pozzible that the buttaah will fly out of the freeege and land in the toilet and become covered in the poo-poo."

I could swear it had either Ian Roberts or Matt Walsh.
Damn... I know what you're talking about. I'm pretty sure you're right. It's Ian Roberts or Matt Walsh.

Rapscallion

Oct 25, 2017
Mitch and Nick being audibly embarrassed in front of guests they respect is the best part of DoughBoys.

This week's Mario Odyssey tease "because I'm Cappy", was perfect.

Also: Earwolf [ot]: is that a thread tittle?

Last edited:

Goldenroad

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Will definitely be downloading Raised by TV today! Listened to the Zouks and Daly CBB last night. Daly can seriously do no wrong.

Deleted member 2109

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Bone Queef and The Chief are magic together. That slip into Dr. Green made me want him back on the show ASAP. :-)

OP
OP
mac

mac

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Lauren Lapkus is on Hollywood handbook

Yesss

Bone Queef and The Chief are magic together. That slip into Dr. Green made me want him back on the show ASAP. :-)

Shit, I don't know what to listen to first.

edit: I just remembered who The Chief is referring to.

latest

CBB first.

Maker

Nov 15, 2017
Howdy everyone. Next HDTGM movie is The Jazz Singer. Looks like a real snoozefest.

Skydog

Oct 27, 2017
Has Tom Scharpling ever been a guest on CBB? I've gotten really into the Best Show thanks to Hollywood Handbook this year.

Gamer @ Heart

Oct 26, 2017
I needed more Jon gabrus in my life so raised by TV was an amazing surprise.

He and lapkus have great chemistry.

CoinReturn

Nov 7, 2017
If we're talking Gabrus, I have to plug yet another one of his podcasts, The Action Boyz.

I'm actually enjoying it more than HDTGM's recent output.

Rapscallion

Oct 25, 2017
Raised on TV isn't clicking with me yet. It's just too all over the place, and they tend to jump from subject to subject a little too sporadically for me. Hopefully that'll change,

Oct 31, 2017
I don't know if there are any Ronna and Beverly fans in here but a member of the Ronna and Beverlenes Facebook group and I created a Ronna and Beverly Fancast. It's called Excuse Me: A Ronna and Beverly Fancast. The hiatus has been tasking but thanks to you guy for putting me on to this fantastic podcast.

Maker

Nov 15, 2017
Finally really getting into Doughboys. Other than the Sean/Hayes eps (istened to them all already) are there any really good episodes I should go back and check out? I

Bandage

Oct 25, 2017
The Internet
Heads up.
Both Earwolf and Hello from the Magic Tavern now have Amazon Echo skills.

The former will play random or specific highlights and the second is a choose your own adventure game.

Catvoca

Oct 25, 2017
Glad to see Scott and Scott finally got their juicy butts back in the studio for a new ep!

OP
OP
mac

mac

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yes, Whomp it Up!

Even though we all know she's the shape of a upside down triangle/Grimace I always picture Whompler like this early artist rendering.

marissa_wompler_by_theearwolfdeviantart-d4y7q2a.jpg

I guess I just want her to be happy with herself. she's gone through so much!

Of course I realize this image

womp-jams.jpg

Has more potential for humor.

Sedef122

Nov 7, 2017
Decided to listen to the new U2 album before the new ep...and I actually like it? I blame the Scotts for making me a U2 fan!