• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

andrew

Oct 25, 2017
Well, the CBB 522 was one of the first episodes I skipped the first act. It felt so sterile.
it wasn't a particularly amazing episode but I thought it was good. I can't remember whether Charles Manson came in towards the end of the first act or just the second, that wasn't great (and the timing was perfectly bad, having been recorded while he was hospitalized but before he died) but the next characterinteresting person Prince Chinedu was really funny and interacted with Manson well.
Amazing episode of HH today.
died when Brett changed the "In the End" melody. mckenna was great again and zach heineken was hilarious

AlphaDump

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
How Did This Get Made? - Paul Scheer, June Diane Raphael, Jason Mantzoukas and a guest watch a bad movie and talk about it. They're not booing when Jason comes out.

This podcast is so damn good. I actually bought a subscription just to hear their additional content. Makes traffic tolerable.

Alandrus Sun

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
it wasn't a particularly amazing episode but I thought it was good. I can't remember whether Charles Manson came in towards the end of the first act or just the second, that wasn't great (and the timing was perfectly bad, having been recorded while he was hospitalized but before he died) but the next characterinteresting person Prince Chinedu was really funny and interacted with Manson well.

died when Brett changed the "In the End" melody. mckenna was great again and zach heineken was hilarious

Ya I'm still listening to it right now. Sarah just doesn't seem to interact well with improv. I just want another episode that reaches the heights of 500 or the Christmas episode. For me, the Hand On A Hot Bod car contest segment with Ming was the highlight of this year's podcast.

Rapscallion

Oct 25, 2017
There's been a few episodes of CBB recently in which the "characters" have just been duds. The Rob Huebel episode sticks out the most to me; the first act with just Rob was great, but the characters fell so incredibly flat.

Shame too, I was listening to it with a group on a road trip. Don't think I converted anyone into a listener.

GoutPatrol

Oct 30, 2017
When I read the description of the new u talking u2, I thought it was going to be a bit, not real previews. I was surprised as hell.

OP
OP
mac

mac

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
There's been a few episodes of CBB recently in which the "characters" have just been duds. The Rob Huebel episode sticks out the most to me; the first act with just Rob was great, but the characters fell so incredibly flat.

Shame too, I was listening to it with a group on a road trip. Don't think I converted anyone into a listener.

Oof, that last part is probably why you didn't like it, that can be a tough situation. I agree those characters weren't special or wacky in anyway but when it's low-key like that I appreciate how much more they just shoot the shit with each other. Also, I love Rob Heubel on podcasts. He has this aggressive style where he starts directing everyone and really pushing the premise.

Byshop303

Oct 31, 2017
Earwolf have some really good stuff. All of the Cracked podcasts (first one, now many) are on there. How Did This Get Made is also pretty fun. I love movies, and I Was There Too is one of the most entertainingly informative podcasts I know (also Earwolf).

The Wolf Dead

Alandrus Sun

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So, when did the new guy Alex take over Cracked Podcast. Last time I listened to them O'Brien was in charge.

Blue Moose

Nov 5, 2017
I had never heard of Dougboys — only checked it out after hearing them on HDTGM. I'm loving it. I listened to the early Paul Rust and Mike Hanford eps first. They are two of my favorites, so it got me hooked.

How many of you listen to episodes over again? I've listened to the somewhat recent Nathan Fielder episode more than a dozen times. The guest isn't great*, I just like part one with Fielder. I should really check out his TV show.

*Actually, I can't stand Betsy Sodaro. She usually sounds very awkward and/ or nervous. This is the least bad appearance I've heard from her (she was the underground person or whatever).

Maker

Nov 15, 2017
I was just stopping in to ask a Doughboys question too - whats the lowest rated restaurant(s) they've done? I've heard about 10 episodes now and the reviews are always good to great.

Fantastical

Oct 27, 2017
The Teacher's Lounge was especially hilarious this week. "I WANT TO SEE A MANAGER! I SWEAR TO GOD!"

theperrin

Oct 27, 2017
The latest episode of CBB was fantastic, I couldn't stop laughing at the Rudi North character and neither could PFT by the sound of it!

Rapscallion

Oct 25, 2017
I don't know why, but the fact that Scott replies to all of Adam Scott's tweets about Ghosted with "Fox Rocks!" for absolutely no reason is the funniest thing to me.

Rapscallion

Oct 25, 2017
I'm worried that Chef Kevin is trying to sabotage Sean and Haye's friendship. This whole christmas tree stunt sounds like the first attempt to break them up, and weasel his way into the role of co-host and best friend to Hayes.

Oct 25, 2017
Started digging into Raised by TV last week and it's been fun. It's mostly been a lot of "HEY REMEMBER" which probably wont sustain very long, but I'm curious to see where it goes.

Heromanz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I have finally seeing the light Hollywood handbook is amazing what are some of the best episodes I should listen to?

Heromanz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
June, is a treasure to the American people. If you haven't listened to the monkey shine episode of hdtgm

Deleted member 13550

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Oh sweet, i didn't know that someone made an Earwolf thread! Need to listen to the Disaster Artist HDTGM asap. Looking forward to listening to the Holiday CBB as well, those are always awesome!

Maker

Nov 15, 2017
Apparently HDTGM released the Valerian episode (live from Pee Cast Blast) on Stitcher Premium and it wont be releasing in their regular feed. :(

HotHamBoy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I have finally seeing the light Hollywood handbook is amazing what are some of the best episodes I should listen to?

There's so many good ones. I've listened to every episode at least 3 times.

Just listen to all of them. In fact, go back and start with The Reality Show Show

Also, if you have Howl there's a couple really good live eps, most recently the one with Carl Tart.

June, is a treasure to the American people. If you haven't listened to the monkey shine episode of hdtgm

You should listen to her episodes of Bitch Sesh.

Maker

Nov 15, 2017
I watched Second Sight to get ready for the next episode of HDTGM and to quote the beautiful and hilarious Jessica St. Clair, "I felt physically ill" whenever Bronson Pinchot would do his New Yorker guy voice.

Also related to HDTGM: I heard Paul mention on the mini-ep they released the infamous Smurfs episode from behind the paywall.

andrew

Oct 25, 2017
cbb best ofs this year were odd to me. at the end scott talks about how it's so much fun to put new combinations of people together and that's his favorite part of the show and what should keep it from getting worn out...but most of the best of list is populated by long-time combos and big group episodes. which feels like it reflects what the year of the show was like on the whole, though it's also a factor of the voters now consistently just picking what's most familiar.

All of the top 3 being big group episodes is disappointing in a way. overall I'm getting a little tired of hearing a dozen variations on the same moynihan/pft episode or gilly/pft episode or orphan black/silicon valley gang episode or schwartz's running-thin schtick or having 12 people as different characters shouting over each other. there are a lot of funny moments in that stuff! middleditch's call with the vietnamese person leaps to mind, scott forcing him into doing something un-pc and thomas responding by being as offensive and hilarious as possible. or gino's FBI operation in the 500th. but there's also a lot of overreaching for callbacks, repeating the same jokes, returning to the same dynamics again and again. I keep listening to the show hoping for new traditional style shows—pleasant and game celeb interviewee plus characters new and old with a possible game—to wow me, and there were a handful this year that it seems nobody grabbed onto. rachel bloom was fun with ming, though the other characters didn't stick. both hodgman eps are great examples, and those did make it on which was nice to see. the episodes with funches and thune, andrea savage, kyle mooney, david wain, and chris gethard were all pretty good. John Early with the bone chief duo was perfect. the biggest omission to my ears is the episode with andy richter, alison rich, and gemberling. andy kills it, tina danish is a perfect second segment character because she's grounded just enough, and gemberling's post-dental surgery etiquette instructor is so silly and hysterical.

ultimately it's not necessarily Scott's fault the best of list leans so heavily towards new iterations of old material, it's fan voted after all. but certainly that there are so many of those to vote on in the first place comes from him. my hope for 2018 was going to be that we get more traditional style eps that we haven't seen before, but with his talk about a shakeup coming I'm not sure if that'll happen. maybe the show will end this year, maybe he'll hand over hosting duties to someone else, maybe it'll just go on a long hiatus. whatever happens, as negative as this post might seem I still love the show nearly as much as when I started listening almost 7 years back. the show has been formative for my taste in comedy and scott's basically letterman to me. looking forward to whatever's next.

Oct 27, 2017
Nick Wiger talked about an old Neogaf thread on the latest Doughboys (Shipley Do-Nuts) about how a Chimp could defeat UFC fighter Chuck Liddell by ripping his biceps off with raw strength.

KarmaCow

Oct 25, 2017
I should have listened to the warning on the latest i4h because the rest of the episode was a Case Closed segment with a dude getting mad at Besser for telling Trump to shut his shithole. Yikes, I had to check out when the dude was trying to argue that Africa sucked because it didn't have building tall enough for his standards. As funny as it was listening to the dude struggling to not let the overt bigot shit seep out whenever he spoke, everything else was painful.